What's new

£700,000 to buy letters which 'prove national hero Gandhi was gay'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are way off the line here, if you feel that it's some character assassination or false reporting then, the source of the article is there for all to see and read. I can assure you Daily Mail is a lot more credible than what you are probably used to reading.
Forget the £700,000, if there is no substance to the claim, then your government can sue the paper for £7 Million.

I was literally ROFL on this :) and now doubt if you even live in the UK.

It is news paper which literally thrives on sensationalism. If you were to read it seriously, you would be forgiven for assuming that almost everyone would have cancer by now and England would be an Islamic republic with the Sharia law. It is also known as the Daily Fail.
Daily Mail Watch

There are a few points here.
1) They themselves do not have access to the letters. So everything is based on hear say with massive doses of Daily Mail Masala Mix (Extra Strength).
2) The personal life of Gandhi doesn't detract from what he achieved in real life.

The fans of the Daily Fail are still bristling with the fact that a man wearing a dhoti was able to bring down their Empire.

I was just wondering !!

Gandhi_Jinnah_1944.jpg

I was literally ROFL on this :) and now doubt if you even live in the UK.

It is news paper which literally thrives on sensationalism. If you were to read it seriously, you would be forgiven for assuming that almost everyone would have cancer by now and England would be an Islamic republic with the Sharia law. It is also known as the Daily Fail.
Daily Mail Watch

There are a few points here.
1) They themselves do not have access to the letters. So everything is based on hear say with massive doses of Daily Mail Masala Mix (Extra Strength).
2) The personal life of Gandhi doesn't detract from what he achieved in real life.

The fans of the Daily Fail are still bristling with the fact that a man wearing a dhoti was able to bring down their Empire.

I hope you know the difference between mere speculation, assumption and assertion.
Sometimes reading the whole article does helps, this is one of the comments one reader posted.
Of course the letters were purchased for historical research. But when Gandhi wrote things to Kallenbach like, “How completely you have taken possession of my body. This is slavery with a vengeance,” you wonder how much of the $1.28 million was for research and how much just to get the letters out of circulation to protect Gandhi's saintly image. Indian society is quite homophobic (though there are signs of improvement; the law against homosexuality was struck down in 2009).
If the reporter didn't have access to some of the letters, surely the highlighted part wasn't plucked out of thin air. Be it Daily Fail, Current Bun, Daily Ranger or any rags, as i said earlier, if the GOI can cough up 700 Ks for some letters, they can surely take the Mail to the cleaners for much more but do you in your hearts of heart really believe this is fake journalism. !!

This is all BS and cheap thing to defame a great person and a man who had 5 sons and a loving wife. :tdown: :tdown: :sick:

The wife whom he loved most after his country and who have breathed her last breath in his arms.
:angel:

@ Admin/Mods

Plz don't allow such cheap and BS things on PDF..................its a request.

There are many articles and sources which claim Jinnah was a pork eater and drinker but we don't post them just because of a unwritten rules to respect others national figures.

I hope you know the difference between mere speculation, assumption and assertion.
Sometimes reading the whole article does helps, this is one of the comments one reader posted.

If the reporter didn't have access to some of the letters, surely the highlighted part wasn't plucked out of thin air. Be it Daily Fail, Current Bun, Daily Ranger or any rags, as i said earlier, if the GOI can cough up 700 Ks for some letters, they can surely take the Mail to the cleaners for much more but do you in your hearts of heart really believe this is fake journalism. !!

Haha in ur hyperventilation to throw mock at the Indian leader who the world respects thousands times more than any pakistani to name,u forgot read these lines in the article where Joseph Lelyveld who wrote a book on Gandhi and had detailed access top those letter has his to say in the article clearly wrote by some booze head .

Last year, a Gandhi biography by author Joseph Lelyveld called Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi And His Struggle With India detailed the extent of his relationship with Kallenbach.

It claimed that the leader of the Indian independence movement was deeply in love with Kallenbach.
Mr Lelyveld denied that his book said Gandhi was bisexual. But Gandhi's home state of Gujarat banned it as an 'insult' to the father of the nation.

Indian government spends £700,000 to buy letters which 'prove national hero Gandhi was gay' | Mail Online

This is outrageous.....How can an International Icon be demeaned so???Where are the Mods now??This isn't only about Indians, he is a great man for millions of people out there!!Even Einstein was a fan of him!!
@OP Have you no sense of respect or dignity for Man whom 17.1% of the world population calls "father"??The man you accuse of being gay infact fathered 4 sons!! Read his autobiography(My Experiments with Truth) in which he clearly sates that he took up celibacy or Brahmacharya in 1902, but was overcome by lust once after that.........
This extremely explicit statement proves Gandhi Ji's Sexuality in my opinion........

Anyways I'll request the Mods to close an unnecesary thread on such a respected personality please!!!

^^ arrey bhai cool down.. no tensions.. the great man is no more.. dead men cannot defend themselves.. so the brave men now dance. hota hai.. you dont get bp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom