What's new

70-year-old madrassa teacher under fire after student leaks 'molestation' video

terry5

Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Footage of Mufti Azizur Rehman, a 70-year-old religious cleric and the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam’s vice ameer in Lahore, sexually assualting one of his teenage seminary students went viral late Tuesday night.

In the harrowing visuals, which were secretly filmed by his ‘victim’, Mufti Aziz, who is sitting on the floor, can be seen asking the boy to sit on his lap after which he thrusts his body back and forth.

The video spread shockwaves on Pakistani Twitter as netizens not only called for immediate action to be taken against Rehman but a clear out of paedophiles in religious seminaries across the country.

A video message was also leaked with the footage by the teary-eyed victim, in which he claims that:”My attacker’s sons have threatened to kill me for exposing him [Mufti Aziz]”.

In distress, the victim shares that he is in hiding, addding that, “It is better I die” out of fear of retribution in the recording.

Meanwhile, Mufti Aziz, whose membership has been suspended by his party, also issued a video statement not only denying his role in the viral video but also claiming that “it is part of a conspiracy to smear his name”.

Mufti Aziz claimed that certain elements inside the seminary wanted to expel him, adding that,”This video is fake as you can’t even see me move in it".

"Where is my accuser?It has been two weeks since he was last seen...I was clearly drugged by this boy,” he goes on to detail in the video.

In a letter obtained by The Express Tribune, the Jamia Manzoorul Islamia has moved to terminate the services of the now maligned Mufti.

Water1623859816-0.jpg

A termination notice issued by the administrator Jamia Asad ul Farooq reads: “A video was produced of you in which you are molesting a student. After consolation the Jamia administration based on the video advised him and his son to leave the campus.”

The religious seminary also announced that it would distance itself from any act or statement of the mufti.

The Punjab Police said that they had not received any complaint till the filing of this report.

A spokesperson said that they would proceed according to law when they received one.

A case has been registered against JUI cleric Mufti Aziz ur Rehman, his sons, and two other unidentified men after a video of the cleric sexually assaulting a student went viral on social media, it emerged Thursday.

Geo News reported that the case was registered on the student's complaint when police arrived at his local madrassa in Lahore after the video went viral on social media.

The student says Rehman, a former JUI leader, sexually abused him and then the cleric's sons started blackmailing and threatening to kill him.

"If justice is not done, I will commit suicide," the survivor said.

A day earlier, the superintendent of the madrassa where Rehman worked, said that the cleric had been fired.

Superintendent Asadullah Farooq said Rehman and his sons had been asked to leave the madrassa and the institution was not responsible for any of their acts.

Meanwhile, JUI Lahore's secretary-general also issued a notice stating that after the video, the party had suspended the membership of Mufti Rehman and that it would remain revoked till the investigation concludes.

Rehman, meanwhile, said the video was two-and-a-half years old, and that the student was being "used against" him.

"I declare on oath that I did not do such an act in my consciousness. I was given something intoxicating and I was not conscious," he claimed.

GEO

the mullah mafias constantly getting caught with their shalvaars down with children around is ridiculously getting out of hand. these mullahs need to be proactively reigned in with an iron fist pulling thorny metal chain link noose around their necks...I mean give me a freakin' break man, after getting abused, this mufti's sons who presumably were also molvis black mailed the victim instead of holding their father accountable because of the Deen that they claim to teach??? just UNACCEPTABLE!

Last edited:
So what is latest? Is everything proved now !?

So what is latest? Is everything proved now !?

Lahore madrassa leader booked for sodomy, intimidation
SAMAA | Roohan Ahmed
Posted: 17-Jun-2021 | Last Updated: 5 hours ago
samaa

In the video that went viral, an elderly man with a white beard in a light shalwar qameez, waistcoat and skull cap is lounging on floor cushions when a young man in a dark shalwar qameez comes up to him.

The older man was later identified as Mufti Azizur Rehman of Jamia Manzoorul Islamia, Lahore. He was also a member of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazlur Rehman’s Lahore chapter.

The scene of the two men is followed by the young man talking into the camera: “Since the video has come out, Mufti Azizur Rehman and his son Altafur Rehman have been blackmailing me and saying that they will kill me.”

He goes on to say he is in hiding. “I have decided that I didn’t get justice nor did anyone listen to me even though I have talked to everyone.” He then says he will take his own life. “This is my final decision. They are going to kill me, so it’s better that […,]” He starts to sob. The video then cuts back to the explicit footage.

In response to the release of this video, Mufti Aziz issued his own. In it he claims that he has never done anything like this while in his senses. “In fact, the boy gave me sedatives in my tea and after that I was not in my senses,” he said. “The biggest proof is that my body was not even moving. If I were in my senses, how could I have not known that he was making a video from his phone?”

Mufti Aziz went on to say that he felt it was evident in the video that he had not forced himself on the young man. He said it was part of a conspiracy to remove him. “After two and a half years, this video has been brought forth to defame me,” he said. “The proof that it is an old video is that it was made in the winter… You can see [in the video] that I am wearing socks and a winter waistcoat.”

He said that after the video surfaced, his letter of termination issued on June 3, 2021, was made public.
Mufti-Azizur-Rehman-termination-338x480.jpg

In the termination letter, a copy of which was acquired by SAMAA Digital, it says that people from the neighbourhood came to Mufti Aziz’s house and showed the video to his son and the administrator of the institute. He was subsequently fired.

Maulana Talha Rehmani, a spokesperson for Wifaqul Madaris, confirmed to SAMAA Digital that Mufti Aziz had been expelled from the institution after the incident came to light.
FIR registered against Mufti Azizur Rehman
On June 16, the young man (who identified himself but who we will not name), registered an FIR at Noth Cantt Police Station in Lahore. He said that he had been a student of Jamia Manzoorul Islamia since 2013. “During the exam of Darjah-e-Rabia (grade four), Mufti Aziz, who was the Nigran (caretaker) accused me and another guy of putting someone else in our place for the exam and had me banned from appearing in the Wifaqul Madaris exam for three years.”

He said that he pleaded with Mufti Aziz to reconsider the decision upon which the cleric said he would if the young man engaged with him sexually. “So, out of compulsion, I came into his deceit and became a victim. He also promised me that he would have my ban removed and get me to pass the Wifaqul Madaris exam.”

The man said he was sexually exploited every Friday for three years and blackmailed. He went to the madrassa administration but, according to him, they said this was not possible as the mufti was an old man and a pious person. They said he must be lying, according to the application made to the police.
He started secretly filming to collect evidence which he presented to Wifaqul Madari Nazim-e-Aala Hanif Jalandhary. “When Mufti Aziz came to know about this, he threatened to kill me,” the young man told the police. “A few days ago, when someone uploaded the video on social media, I got scared and went into hiding.”

The FIR said that three of Mufti Aziz’s sons, Altafur Rehman, Lateefur Rehman, Ishqur Rehman, and Abdullah along with two other men tried to attack him but he escaped.

The complainant said he is scared for his life and wants a case to be registered under Sections 337 and 506 of the Pakistan Penal Code. Section 337 deals with “unnatural offences” and carries for a prison term between two and ten years. Section 506 deals with criminal intimidation.

Rana Arif, a spokesperson for Lahore police, told SAMAA Digital that Mufti Aziz-ur-Rehman has yet to be arrested. “An FIR has been registered against him and he will be arrested sooner or later,” he said.
JUI-F suspends Mufti Azizur Rehman
Aslam Ghauri, a spokesperson for the JUI-F, told SAMAA Digital that the party has cancelled Mufti Azizur Rehman’s membership and they have nothing to do with him.

He needs to be hung in public. Nothing short of that will do.
I prefer the Iranian style. Where by you take a crane to outside of the house where this evil being lives, and hang him from that crane in front of all the people who know him. Under no circumstances should he go free. Justice must be served. He is headed to hell anyway, and we must send him there in grand fashion by ultimate humiliation.

Anybody convicted of rape, child molestation should automatically get death penalty. The national assembly must Pass a law whereby judges don't have the discretion in such matters, and must sentence the culprits to the mandatory death penalty.

Last edited:
You know I bet he used to lead prayers after such heinous acts without ablutions.
Death is too good for him. How many lives he ruined

Anyway, if he is a culprit, must be hanged.. I know there are many people like him in madrassa. People should take care anyway, that send to those madrassa where the teacher is married and has his residence nearby. Still, it is not a guarantee.

all over social media ... horrible video ..but they never get punished.

Lahore police register FIR against Mufti Azizur Rehman for sexually assaulting student
Imran GabolPublished June 17, 2021 - Updated about 12 hours ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Lahore police have registered a case against JUI-F's Mufti Azizur Rehman. — DawnNewsTV screenshot

Lahore police have registered a case against JUI-F's Mufti Azizur Rehman. — DawnNewsTV screenshot
Lahore police have registered a case against Mufti Azizur Rehman after a harrowing video clip showing the cleric allegedly sexually assaulting one of his students was widely shared on social media, it emerged on Thursday.
The case has been registered at the North Cantt police station on the complaint of S* under Section 377 (unnatural offences) and Section 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the Pakistan Penal Code.
According to the first information report (FIR) registered on June 17, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, the victim said that he got admission to the Jamia Manzoorul Islamia in 2013.
He said that during the exams, Mufti Rehman had accused him and another student of cheating by getting someone else to sit for the exams. "Over this, I was also banned from giving exams at the Wafaqul Madaris for three years," he said in the complaint.
He said that he pleaded to Mufti Rehman, but the latter was unmoved. But Mufti Rehman said that he might be able to think of something if I engaged in sexual activities and "make him happy", the victim said, adding that he had no choice but to be subjected to sexual assault.
"Mufti Rehman claimed that the ban would be removed and that he would also pass me in the exams. But despite a passage of three years, during which I was assaulted every Friday, he did nothing and started to blackmail me more," S* said.
The victim said he complained to the madrassah's administration but they refused to believe him as Mufti Rehman was an "elder and a pious man" and instead accused him of giving a false statement.
S* said this was when he began recording the abuse and showed it to Wafaqul Madaris al Arabia nazim. "After this Mufti Rehman started threatening me with dire consequences as well as my life," he said.
He said because of audio and video recordings, the administration of the Jamia Manzoorul Islamia removed Mufti Rehman which angered the cleric. He added that he was now being threatened by Mufti Rehman and his sons and asked for action to be taken against them.
The disturbing video, which surfaced a couple of days ago, stirred up a storm on social media as citizens called for action to be taken against the JUI-F leader.
Meanwhile, Mufti Rehman — in a video message that was circulating on social media — claimed his innocence and said that the boy in the video had drugged him due to which he was not in his senses.
He said that if he was "in his senses" how could the boy have made a video using a mobile phone without him knowing. He said that this was a conspiracy to have him removed from the madrassah.
On June 3, the Jamia Manzoorul Islamia had removed Mufti Rehman. The directives, issued by Muhtasim Asadullah Farooq, said that some people from the neighbourhood had visited the madrassah and showed the video of the alleged sexual assault to the administration and to Mufti Rehman's son and asked the latter to leave.
"On the basis of their complaint, and after consulting with the administration, you have been relieved of your duties, " the letter issued by the seminary to Mufti Rehman said.
Meanwhile, Punjab Child Protection and Welfare Bureau (CPWB) Chairperson Sara Ahmed took notice of the video and contacted the victim and his parents, the CPWB said in a statement.
Ahmed termed the abuse as "extremely saddening" and assured that the victim and his family would be provided justice and complete legal cooperation.
Name withheld to protect identity

Last edited:
Schools, church, madrassah, ashrams... Everywhere there is access to children, you will find vultures like these. The solution is exemplary punishment - and there needs to be an easy, direct system for young people to raise complaints.

All children must be made aware at the beginning of school, etc. that they can get help. That's the only way to scare these people into controlling themselves.

Just compare the amount of posts on the thread about Malala and marriage to this atrocious story. More people have a problem with Malala just making a comment about marriage than sexual abuse by clerics, which just goes unnoticed.

Just compare the amount of posts on the thread about Malala and marriage to this atrocious story. More people have a problem with Malala just making a comment about marriage than sexual abuse by clerics, which just goes unnoticed.

No actually we want this mullah to be hanged. And that too publicly

Having said that. Malalah is an idiot and what he said was stupid. Nothing changes that

Pakistanis wipe their arses using Islam like tissue paper - this man will either be released or the victim killed on blasphemy charges.
Or Mujahids of Islam (read Mullahs) will be on the streets protesting against his arrest....mob on the street burning up cars for his immediate release.....Mullah will be made a hero and be crowned as aashiq-e-rasool & shiekh ul Hadees

Back
Top Bottom