What's new

7 injured after F-35 jet crashes on aircraft carrier in South China Sea

I was reading news about race b/w China and US to find the wreckage. Why there's any race at all when US know the exact location of wreckage. Same with the British F35.. ?????????

I was reading news about race b/w China and US to find the wreckage. Why there's any race at all when US know the exact location of wreckage. Same with the British F35.. ?????????
The Chinese have ships tailing the carrier; it was at 4:30 pm so it was in broad daylight, and the Chinese can try to extrapolate where the plane landed on the ocean bottom.

Considering the pay off if the Chinese salvage it first, it’s no wonder the USN is worried the Chinese will try to take it, hence the race.

The Chinese have ships tailing the carrier; it was at 4:30 pm so it was in broad daylight, and the Chinese can try to extrapolate where the plane landed on the ocean bottom.

Considering the pay off if the Chinese salvage it first, it’s no wonder the USN is worried the Chinese will try to take it, hence the race.
Can Chinese even think about doing thin in presence of USN. I mean at eye to eye. Chinese recovering F35 and US watching at same place??????

The usual myths of invincibility of USA technology found the bitter truth of ground reality.
In reality, the human is more than the machine.

Can Chinese even think about doing thin in presence of USN. I mean at eye to eye. Chinese recovering F35 and US watching at same place??????

IMO, in international waters, who found it first will own it. Chinese are near and could move their appropriate equipment rapidly, while USA needs days or weeks waiting for the equipment to arrive.

It happened in international waters, so whoever gets there first....

The wave off warnings were very clear on that video - might not had enough time for the engine to spool up (suprised to see that video tbh - would have thought it would have been classified). Given the way the incident played out - they were lucky it didnot take out more aircraft in the incident.

Is the aircraft carrier still fit for duty? Or does it need to go to a home port for it to be repaired ?
Not the first time where an aircraft has hit the back of the ship. There's a good amount of PLAT footage on the internet showing Hornets and Tomcats going through that, pitching deck is one particular case that nobody gets to train for easily. The rest are largely deemed pilot error.

Carrier is operational and still sailing.

There is a very simple explanation for this. It was invinsible and therefore the crew could not see it and so it crashed. Too high tech, advanced and cutting edge. So after paying $100 million per jet this is what they get ? Is there a refund or exchange policy ?
Stupid explanation

I have some hope it may be possible
Not the place place (Topic) to discuss, but here is the thing. Pakistan seems to have a basket - more like a cauldron of 'Hopes'. You never know when yours hits the jackpot.

You're new here. Some of us have been at it for years & there are countless Topics/Pages/Comments that have been exhausted on it.

Again..., good luck to you.

Yeah, right before hell freezes over...

F-16's won't come without strings attached - and i'm not even going down the lines of End-User Agreement.
A lot of the newer deals are like that. China is also getting tenacious in terms of supervision regarding their upcoming export to Pakistan. They already check on a lot of the Pak army equipment, to which many officers have been not pleased.

A lot of the newer deals are like that. China is also getting tenacious in terms of supervision regarding their upcoming export to Pakistan. They already check on a lot of the Pak army equipment, to which many officers have been not pleased.
I'm sure there is a lot of weight in your claim, however, China can't be anywhere near to the type of pain in the rear the US usually is.

Again, the Viper is a great bird, but with the baggage it comes with, i'll take our chances with China.

They may have learned a few tricks from the West, but it can't be all that bad.

I'm sure there is a lot of weight in your claim, however, China can't be anywhere near to the type of pain in the rear the US usually is.

Again, the Viper is a great bird, but with the baggage it comes with, i'll take our chances with China.

They may have learned a few tricks from the West, but it can't be all that bad.
Not yet.....

Another sourgrape comment.

And we are going to be the greatest contributed in aviation and science. :enjoy:

The world first runaway take off to space and return and landed as a normal plane. A feat which US couldn't even achieved. The US space shuttle is based off into space by a rocket.

Before u claim this is another boasting by China with no verification. Check out what US intelligence observation of Tengyun flight.

:enjoy:

Surely there is something wrong with its thrust engine.
LOL, what do you even expect from the "good old" cold-war relic GAMBIT...

By the way, isn't his double-negative "have not been a non-contributor..." comment so confusing when he really tries to show his disapproval? 'cos double negatives cancel each other out and make a positive, and are considered as bad English, but then again, what do you expect from someone who is just so frustrated and trying to vent some steam...

Back on topic, aren't we still talking about the

F-35 jet crash...​

Has anyone located the misfortunated reckage yet? being falling into such a deep "abyss" is hard to recover.

For every mishap we had, US aviation made thousands advances. Your China have not been a non-contributor since the dawn of aviation, so the real joke is on you.

Talking about contributons, just to set the history record straight, Jin Dynasty China invented Bamboo-copter/dragonfly/Chinese Top around 320 AD, which perhaps is the first tangible device of what people may understand as a helicopter, at that time, 1700 years ago, the USA wasn't even around...

Later, a British engineer, the inventor of modern aeronautics, George Cayley experimented such helicopter concept in 1792, which he later called "rotary wafts" or "elevating fliers" and made improvements. This is a proof that every scientific progress is made by accumulating previous scientific knowledge, i.e. standing on someone else's shoulders.

To mock and belittle other civilisations for their contribution which one has no knowledge about only shows the "shallowness" of oneself. Mind you, both China and Britain have doorknobs older than the entire history of the "good old" USA...

In contrast, the same year 1792, 16 years after her founding at 1776, the USA just passed her first Postal Service Act in Feb, her first Coinage Act in April, constructed the first blast furnace for melting industrial metals in Pittsburgh, celebrated her first Columbus Day in New York, 300 years after his arrival in the New World...

Sorry to hear gambit's definition of so-called "dawn" in the USA comes in so late...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom