What's new

69 M1A2 Abrams tanks to Saudi Arabia

This is just to equip a new Battalion. Bringing the number of M1A2S to 450+.

It is called buying "protection" for the Royal Family from both internal and external threats.

:no:

The Royal family doesn't need to buy tanks to guarantee its survival. We are all one big family.

Next time, get your facts right.

:no:

The Royal family doesn't need to buy tanks to guarantee its survival. We are all one big family.

Next time, get your facts right.

Then explain the need for all these weapons?

They are overkill against Iran and would be useless if the US wanted to invade.

Then explain the need for all these weapons?

They are overkill against Iran and would be useless if the US wanted to invade.

Why can't KSA protect itself from Iraqi mullahs-like who threaten us off and on?
Why can't KSA protect itself against Iran's proxy in Yemen?

Why can't KSA protect itself from Iraqi mullahs-like who threaten us off and on?
Why can't KSA protect itself against Iran's proxy in Yemen?

The point is that KSA does not need several hundred 4th generation fighters to protect itself from Iran and it's proxies.

The 24 Typhoons that KSA currently has can wipe out the Iranian air-force in a matter of hours. No need to use the nearly 200 F-15s as well. And you are buying another 72 more F-15s and already contracted for another 48 Typhoons.

Only logical explanation for buying so many weapons is as a form of "protection" for Saudi Royal Family.

If you can give me another logical reason, then I would be very interested.

They are not new, they are used tanks that are refitted. The factory of Abrams has closed long time ago.
Could of used the Egyptian M1 factory to build or assemble new Abrams for them. An opportunity for all three parties wasted i guess.

The point is that KSA does not need several hundred 4th generation fighters to protect itself from Iran and it's proxies.

The 24 Typhoons that KSA currently has can wipe out the Iranian air-force in a matter of hours. No need to use the nearly 200 F-15s as well. And you are buying another 72 more F-15s and already contracted for another 48 Typhoons.

Only logical explanation for buying so many weapons is as a form of "protection" for Saudi Royal Family.

Your argument isn't all that logical as well and you sort of make my point for me. If the royal family are truly afraid of rebellion then they need not invest in 4+ Gen fighters and M1 tanks. They would be better off building up a large force of crowd dispersal vehicles and a militia such as that of the Iranian Basij. My explanation for their build up is an over abundance of funds and resources. The Saudis in my opinion are after all the latest toys and not after a incredibly powerful and disciplined military. For one no military especially one with funds would seek multiple sources for their MBTs and fighters and thus creating a logistical nightmare in times of war. Although still powerful enough to outclass anything in the area besides Egypt and Israel with the funds they have they should be way ahead of both. Also why in the hell haven't you started your own fighter or MBT program or at least an Arab fighter one "sigh" such a waste.

KSA reserves the right to protect itself against any aggression. We live in the most volatile region in the world ,living in a hostile neighborhood is very disturbing if you ask me.

Your argument isn't all that logical as well and you sort of make my point for me. If the royal family are truly afraid of rebellion then they need not invest in 4+ Gen fighters and M1 tanks. They would be better off building up a large force of crowd dispersal vehicles and a militia such as that of the Iranian Basij. My explanation for their build up is an over abundance of funds and resources. The Saudis in my opinion are after all the latest toys and not after a incredibly powerful and disciplined military. For one no military especially one with funds would seek multiple sources for their MBTs and fighters and thus creating a logistical nightmare in times of war. Although still powerful enough to outclass anything in the area besides Egypt and Israel with the funds they have they should be way ahead of both. Also why in the hell haven't you started your own fighter or MBT program or at least an Arab fighter one "sigh" such a waste.

LoL toys? Seriously? The hell?

The Abrams is a fuel guzzler and requires a lot of support network to operate in battle field.

How about other countries protect themselves against proxies too..for example Syria?

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/116349/saudis-proxy-war-against-iran

Tablet Magazine :lol:
What about Iran terrorist attacks on Maca and Madinah?

LoL toys? Seriously? The hell?
Deadly toys but toys none the less. Again Saudi does outclass everything in the region except Israel and Egypt in terms of equipment but the variation in equipment sources creates great logistical problems. For example the U.K itself cannibalises its own Typhoons in order to keep its fleet running, this has been going on for years and no one knows if it has been solved and the UK only has to deal with two fighters the Typhoon and Tornado now that the Harrier has been decommissioned and sold off. Now, you are telling me at a time of war Saudi can maintain its whole Typhoon and Tornado fleet alone with much less experience and capability than one of the original parties involved and then add to that a load of F-15s with limited Saudi maintenance capability although it may have been increased drastically over the years. Now, your MBTS have a similar problem. You have large numbers of M1s and are seeking large numbers of the German MBT and if reports are accurate are looking at the Ataly MBT now tell me how do you propose keeping 3 distinctly different MBTs running although some parts such as the smoothbore and ammunition are compatible (do you even make your own munitions for MBTs?) but at times of war it will be too much of a logistical nightmare and times of peace aswell without extensive infrastructure for the maintenance and manufacture of these MBTs. So my conclusion is that they are toys but again still deadly ones.

Deadly toys but toys none the less. Again Saudi does outclass everything in the region except Israel and Egypt in terms of equipment but the variation in equipment sources creates great logistical problems. For example the U.K itself cannibalises its own Typhoons in order to keep its fleet running, this has been going on for years and no one knows if it has been solved and the UK only has to deal with two fighters the Typhoon and Tornado now that the Harrier has been decommissioned and sold off. Now, you are telling me at a time of war Saudi can maintain its whole Typhoon and Tornado fleet alone with much less experience and capability than one of the original parties involved and then add to that a load of F-15s with limited Saudi maintenance capability although it may have been increased drastically over the years. Now, your MBTS have a similar problem. You have large numbers of M1s and are seeking large numbers of the German MBT and if reports are accurate are looking at the Ataly MBT now tell me how do you propose keeping 3 distinctly different MBTs running although some parts such as the smoothbore and ammunition are compatible (do you even make your own munitions for MBTs?) but at times of war it will be too much of a logistical nightmare and times of peace aswell without extensive infrastructure for the maintenance and manufacture of these MBTs. So my conclusion is that they are toys but again still deadly ones.

Half of what you said is untrue and stems from your ignorance. I will let other people here explain things to you.

Back
Top Bottom