What's new

541 attempts made to infiltrate into J&K in last 2 years: Govt

Its still my decision to make, if its important or not.
I don't want any terrorists coming in my country and harming me or my countrymen "living close to vulnerable spots".
Safety is the single most important issue for any person.
People who kill other people are not a trifle issue.

Absolutely.

But I can suggest something.

Find out the number 1 killer of Indians. And fight against it. And if and when you win
then

Find out the number 2 killer of Indians. And fight against it. And if and when you win
then

Find out the number 3 killer of Indians. And fight against it. And if and when you win
then

Find out the number 4 killer of Indians. And fight against it. And if and when you win
then

Find out the number 5 killer of Indians. And fight against it. And if and when you win
then

--- home-work-home-handjob-sleep (for single guys)
--- home-work-home-forking-sleep (for the lucky ones :D)

And if you find that these 451 mosquitos are number 1 killers of total deaths in India, by Golly this should be your first stop. Who can stop you from making that stop.

Dont you want to know about how many got in Or are you one of those who is happy to see his glass half full?

There is nothing much to say here, all politicians and political parties are the same when they are involved in corruption. Do you see a black sheep or should I say have you ever, ever spotted a white one?

There is nothing much to say here, all politicians and political parties are the same when they are involved in corruption. Do you see a black sheep or should I say have you ever, ever spotted a white one?

I agree with you. As far as Kashmir issue is concerned, lot many lives have been snuffed off in the last 60 years. Both sides are blaming each other.

Corrupt politicians, policy makers and the establishment have literally disabled both of the countries.
Both countries have corruption epidemic, which is never ending.

Absolutely.

But I can suggest something.

Find out the number 1 killer of Indians. And fight against it. And if and when you win
then
Find out the number 5 killer of Indians. And fight against it. And if and when you win
then

And if you find that these 451 mosquitos are number 1 killers of total deaths in India, by Golly this should be your first stop. Who can stop you.

I get the point you are trying to make but it is a fallacious argument.
Let me take your mosquito analogy
What you are suggesting is ;-
One should not develop medicine against malaria until one has developed medicine against cancer.

What I am saying is both should go side by side, not one after another.
Both malaria and cancer are important to me, even if cancer is deadlier of the two.

.... One should not develop medicine against malaria until one has developed medicine against cancer.

If you are a "doctor" developing/applying medicine. I sure as heck you should develop/apply

But if you are just a net poster, then "Fo-GED-A-Bout-it" like in Supranos :D.

If you are a "doctor" developing/applying medicine. I sure as heck you should develop/apply

But if you are just a net poster, then "Fo-GED-A-Bout-it" like in Supranos :D.

I am sorry but I, for one can't ignore terrorists coming or trying to come into my country.
Nobody can call me paranoid for doing that either.
We will have to agree to disagree.
:)

Most likely none!

Things have drastically changed on LOC.

Indian Controlled Kashmir (ICK) is a different landscape than it was back in 60s, 70s, and 80s.

No fence can deter a motivated infiltrator, look at the US-Mexican border, which is probably the best fenced border in the world but still illegal migrants make it across,over 500 km of the over 700 km LOC is actually fenced, the fence serves as a physical barrier but the ideals aren't and can't be stopped by it, a more or less independent insurgency is probably still present in IOK....

No fence can deter a motivated infiltrator, look at the US-Mexican border, which is probably the best fenced border in the world but still illegal migrants make it across,over 500 km of the over 700 km LOC is actually fenced, the fence serves as a physical barrier but the ideals aren't and can't be stopped by it, a more or less independent insurgency is probably still present in IOK....

US maxico fence is not any better than the one on LOC

But more importantly

there are three layers of Indian army deployed behind the fence.

And US has not deployed 700,000 troops along mexico border. At least not yet!

And if an ikka dukkah do go through, their impact on ICK situation is less than zero

And US has not deployed 700,000 troops along mexico border.
Will you stop using this nonsense figure- you really thing 70% of the ENTIRE IA is along the LoC or in JK? Who are you trying to kid? This was refuted long ago.

And to your broader points @FaujHistorian are you honestly saying the Defence Minister of India has no reason to inform the Indian public of such things? That its irrelevant that terrorists are trying to make it into their country? I think it's vital information. To remind those sat safe at home there are , to quote Mr George Orwell, rough men sat on their borders ready to visit violence on those that would do them harm. That as little as you may hear about it- that these things do still happen. If you let your guard down for a moment, if you get complacent things will go bad very quickly.

And at the end of the day India is a democracy, this is the truth so there is no reason he can't be stating these figures in his parliament.

Will you stop using this nonsense figure- you really thing 70% of the ENTIRE IA is along the LoC or in JK? Who are you trying to kid? This was refuted long ago.

And to your broader points @FaujHistorian are you honestly saying the Defence Minister of India has no reason to inform the Indian public of such things? That its irrelevant that terrorists are trying to make it into their country? I think it's vital information. To remind those sat safe at home there are , to quote Mr George Orwell, rough men sat on their borders ready to visit violence on those that would do them harm. That as little as you may hear about it- that these things do still happen. If you let your guard down for a moment, if you get complacent things will go bad very quickly.

And at the end of the day India is a democracy, this is the truth so there is no reason he can't be stating these figures in his parliament.

Oh Indian minister can and should provide the figures. the idea is not to open conspiracy oriented threads. Leave it to the Islamists.

Thank you

Well we can't really deny that some terrorists don't go in but thats it. LOC is such a place now where large number of attempts can happen but not successful infiltrations. You have to be satisfy sending just these few terrorists and not like in 90s when large number of terrorists would come. But these few would have a zero impact on us and would be killed and thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom