What's new

541 attempts made to infiltrate into J&K in last 2 years: Govt

jarves

Reaction score
Country
India
541 attempts made to infiltrate into J&K in last 2 years: Govt
Last Updated: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 16:45

New Delhi: In the last two years, there have been 541 attempts to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir while 65 terrorists were killed in 2013 in encounters with the Indian Army, Defence Minister AK Antony informed Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.

"In 2012 and 2013, there have been 541 infiltration attempts in Jammu and Kashmir. In 2013, 65 terrorists were killed in J and K in encounters with the Indian Army," he said in a written reply.

"No Pakistani soldier was apprehended on the LoC in 2013. However, on February 14, last year, one Pakistan Army soldier was killed while intruding across the LoC in the Naushera sector," the Defence Minister said.

To a query on AgustaWestland chopper scam, he said the government has scrapped the VVIP chopper deal with effect from January 1 on grounds of breach of pre-integrity pact.

"No decision has been taken till date to debar the said company," the Minister said.

Replying to another query, Antony said in last five years, three MiG-29 combat aircraft have met with accidents and these mishaps have been investigated by the IAF.

On the issue of large number of services personnel not being able to cast their votes, Antony said, "The matter relating to the further facilitation of voting by defence personnel has been taken up with the Election Commission of India."

On setting up of a national war memorial, the Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh said a Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by Antony has recommended its construction at the India Gate hexagon.

"The Urban Development Ministry is processing the recommendations for approval by the competent authority," he said.

To a query on AgustaWestland chopper scam, he said the government has scrapped the VVIP chopper deal with effect from January 1 on grounds of breach of pre-integrity pact.

Scrapping the deal is not enough. . . Investigate the whole issue and get the culprits behind the bars :agree:

In 2012 and 2013, there have been 541 infiltration attempts in Jammu and Kashmir. In 2013, 65 terrorists were killed in J and K in encounters with the Indian Army,

Good target practicing for IA:guns:

Nice Joke. :lol:
It's more important to know how many infiltrators got in than how many were killed.
"65 terrorists were killed in 2013 in encounters with the Indian Army, Defence Minister AK Antony informed Rajya Sabha on Wednesday."

"65 terrorists were killed in 2013 in encounters with the Indian Army, Defence Minister AK Antony informed Rajya Sabha on Wednesday."
Dont you want to know about how many got in Or are you one of those who is happy to see his glass half full?

tell this reality to @Bhai Zakir who keeps on licking Congress boots in every thread :agree:
There is nothing much to say here, all politicians and political parties are the same when they are involved in corruption. Do you see a black sheep or should I say have you ever, ever spotted a white one?

tell this reality to @Bhai Zakir who keeps on licking Congress boots in every thread :agree:
There is nothing much to say here, all politicians and political parties are the same when they are involved in corruption. Do you see a black sheep or should I say have you ever, ever spotted a white one?

Last edited:
541 mosquitos vs. a giant.

Nah. it is not newsworthy.

Bring me numbers like 5410 and we may need to discuss.

This is like two rich millionares arguing over 5 rupees and 41 paisas.

peace and biryani to all

The fact is that terrorists are trying to cross into India.This is not something that is to be taken lightly.
Try telling the families of victims of these terrorists that this is a small matter.

The fact is that terrorists are trying to cross into India.This is not something that is to be taken lightly.
Try telling the families of victims of these terrorists that this is a small matter.

Obviously. But people are sneaking through mountainous and even land borders all over the world.

Ask the residents of the state of Arizona USA.

Just kill the mosquitos. No need to go huffing and puffing from pillar to post.

Just kill the mosquitos. No need to go huffing and puffing from pillar to post.

I wouldn't call the defense minister of India reporting the number of infiltration attempts made in last 2 years as huffing and puffing, but you are entitled to your opinion.

I wouldn't call the defense minister of India reporting the number of infiltration attempts made in last 2 years as huffing and puffing, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Let the minister give the numbers. Those are stats.

I am talking about Indians and Pakistanis like you and I giving this news any more importance than it actually deserves. And that is ZERO, zilch, NADA, Shunni

Let the minister give the numbers. Those are stats.

I am talking about Indians and Pakistanis like you and I giving this news any more importance than it actually deserves. And that is ZERO, zilch, NADA, Shunni

Well its very important for me to know how many terrorists were trying to get into my country to try and kill me and my countrymen.
Don't you agree ?

Well its important for me to know how many terrorists were trying to get into my country to try and kill me and my countrymen.
Don't you agree ?

Yes if you live close to the "few vulnerable spots".

Otherwise your life will go on as usual.

that is
--- home-work-home-handjob-sleep (for single guys)
--- home-work-home-forking-sleep (for the lucky ones :D)

Last edited:
Yes if you live close to the "few vulnerable spots".

Otherwise you life will go on as usual.

that is
--- home-work-home-handjob-sleep (for single guys)
--- home-work-home-forking-sleep (for the lucky ones :D)

Its still my decision to make, if its important or not.
I don't want any terrorists coming in my country and harming me or my countrymen "living close to vulnerable spots".
Safety is the single most important issue for any person.
People who kill other people are not a trifle issue.

Back
Top Bottom