What's new

50 Indian Double-decker Buses Arrive

those are an uglier version of the old london double deckers, but certainly they do serve a productive function (assuming they'll run properly and not be leaking 5w30 diesel oil on the streets of Dhakaville)

I totally agree with you...The export model should be really good so that it attracts further order from same and new consumers....:whistle::tup:

These bus may look not so good .. but they are nice in quality.. in Mumbai we use them and they are very low on maintenance and one not required some specialized machines for them and local mechanics can manage them without extra training or very less training.Even you can use locally manufactured parts in bus.. In London buses some times don't have roof which make them look better (without TOP) but in South Asia where rainy season is for 4 month with very heavy rain and lots of ppl in bus who don't care to fellow rules we need buses as secure as possible to avoid any accidents.
I hope these buses will help BD ppl in transportation..

These bus may look not so good .. but they are nice in quality.. in Mumbai we use them and they are very low on maintenance and one not required some specialized machines for them and local mechanics can manage them without extra training or very less training.Even you can use locally manufactured parts in bus.. In London buses some times don't have roof which make them look better (without TOP) but in South Asia where rainy season is for 4 month with very heavy rain and lots of ppl in bus who don't care to fellow rules we need buses as secure as possible to avoid any accidents.
I hope these buses will help BD ppl in transportation..
Small correction: All london buses have roofs. You may have seen the tourist city tour buses. They are not operated by transport for london

those are an uglier version of the old london double deckers, but certainly they do serve a productive function (assuming they'll run properly and not be leaking 5w30 diesel oil on the streets of Dhakaville)

Looks better than the Volvo double deckers they are replacing, which mind you shat itself within 5 years( Ten years short of its expected life) and couldn't cope with Dhaka roads.

2012-04-18-18-39-41-April........................%20Eightteen%2007.jpg

Indian buses are the only ones which can run in such road conditions and spare parts are cheap compared to volvos.

50 double decker bus bought from India with Indian Loan. The traffic in Dhaka is horrible as it is, and this 50 more bus will only cause more problem if anything. The loan could be used for much better use

50 double decker bus bought from India with Indian Loan. The traffic in Dhaka is horrible as it is, and this 50 more bus will only cause more problem if anything. The loan could be used for much better use

So you love to travel on crowded buses. To get rid of traffic woes you need Metro Trains or Local Trains in Dhaka.

So you love to travel on crowded buses. To get rid of traffic woes you need Metro Trains or Local Trains in Dhaka.
Exactly. I don't know why the 50 bus has been purchased when there are already private companies like S.Alam already operating. I think the loaned money should be used for better to improve economic productivity than just buy things we don't really need at the moment.

Exactly. I don't know why the 50 bus has been purchased when there are already private companies like S.Alam already operating. I think the loaned money should be used for better to improve economic productivity than just buy things we don't really need at the moment.

You can buy only buses in short term planning and 50 buses are like a drop in a ocean for city like Dhaka.

If there is demand, you need to increase capacity of public transportation ... it is good that each bus can carry up to 150 passengers.. otherwise they will travel by auto or two wheeler.. that will increase traffic more... again 50 double-decker buses can replace around 80 single-decker buses .. reduction in traffic ..

it is not about number but about initiative by government .. if works you can expand it .. private companies in day to day city public transportation is not good...
If buses will help reduce traffic and help is low cost public transportation it will improve efficiency of economic ..

You guys man...... the delusion, the pomposity, the insecurity = unadulterated entertainment! Just because you can talk the talk don't mean you can walk the walk :lol:

What next ..a group hug? to soothe insecurities? :lol:

If the customer isn't complaining about the quality, why are Pakistanis showing so much concern ?
If the concern for the buses was also shared for the people of BD, perhaps history would've been different.
Anyways, these buses have been used widely in Mumbai and they are way more fun to travel in than normal buses.
For once, BD ppl, travel on the upper deck and chill out.

Dhaka needs many hundred more buses to ease the traffic. Buses do not cause traffic jam. Rather, they relieve jams. More and more buses should run over Dhaka streets so that Rickshaws can be withdrawn. However, I believe the system under which the bus companies operate in our country, as well as in other S. Asian countries, needs improvement.

The present system of allowing many private companies running their individual buses on the SAME ROUTE should be discontinued. Instead, the bus owners/companies of that single route must be brought under the roof of a single company. This will eliminate the necessity of making a rat race on the streets to catch passengers. It will cause more efficiency, less traffic accidents and more profits for each shareholders.

Looks better than the Volvo double deckers they are replacing, which mind you shat itself within 5 years( Ten years short of its expected life) and couldn't cope with Dhaka roads.

2012-04-18-18-39-41-April........................%20Eightteen%2007.jpg

Indian buses are the only ones which can run in such road conditions and spare parts are cheap compared to volvos.

Stop all of your propaganda and misinformation every where. The volvo buses gone out of service due to massive corruption by BRTC. Drives and syndicates broke down buses each and every time to earn some extra bucks and the result is this. Road condition had nothing to do with the engine or function of the bus. Saying again keep your propaganda with.

The Indian buses looks ugly. BRTC could choose more newer model. Likely another bribed scandal is involved. But hope these buses will be tightly monitored so that the bus driver and syndicate can not do business with the bus.

i feel the same, i am rather shocked that BD-ians here are anti-india however i dont think they represent typical BDeshis
Well, we have 16 crore people. 1 crore of them are hindus. its huge and they definitely love india, kolkata is no doubt their second home.... There are 2-3 crore more awami supporters who don't hate india... But rest of neutral + BNP JAMAT supporters doesn't like India..... Its simple. No need to make it complicated......

True to some extent. Although considered as a "Indian Bus", this is the same model as of old London Double Deckers from 70s made by AEC/Leyland.
Ashok Motors started as assemblers of Austin Cars in 1940s in Chennai(Madras).
History | Ashok Leyland
They also own "Optare Buses":
Optare Buses | Ashok Leyland

This Bangladeshi Double Decker model is Ashok Leyland "Titan" , same model as British Leyland Titan! :S it is probably Euro-2 or Euro-3 pollution norms satisfying.
But, The Engine is a Hino-Ashok Leyland "H" series one which is a evolved Leyland .6 Engine to fit Euro-3 PUC norms. for BS-IV/Euro-IV, Ashok Leyland moved to CRS(CRDI) Engine tech.

Ashok Leyland is owned by Sindhi Business conglomerate Hinduja group.
Hinduja Group: The Hindujas have striven to inculcate the family concept in their business enterprises

Hindustan Ambassador,Ashok Leyland,Royal Enfield are remnants of British Marques which would've long died had it was not for the primitive automobile market of India till 1991. These Companies evolved fast in the past 2 decades except Amby.

Ashok Leyland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Low Floor Non-AC Ashley(Ashok Leyland) Buses in Cochin:
OgAAAEiFIEEOGpfqDUsKQwCZlzm_pBoQKvwHCIJAF1UYetNduOA3Ri7KDRV-Kg2CeN9GhbAljJtzGRxmcg5c5vVrZAwAm1T1UBYrpGjUUuCuTJLCnCE-2TfZYj8g.jpg

don't go by pdf BD members. I have met numerous BD afghan nationals, most of them love india.

yes there are few concern, but most of them feel india ax there second home. especially kolkata.

Well many have relatives, friends in India. Dude honestly in this region we are connected in many ways than some lines can divide us, trust me. Some might sound anti-India, ask them why. I have also seen in PDF some Indians are anti-BD. Just don't take it negatively mate. Might be they are not aware of facts.

I have reservations against India double decker buses until I ride in it. Indian Taxi that was imported a couple of years back was not that comfortable. But I'm sure if the bus is good, then you lot will get huge orders from us. We need them man.

Back
Top Bottom