What's new

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 Islam Is Stuck in the Dark Ages

In a sense it is , if muslims or any other religious person really read and understood Science then they wouldn't be religious. Science believes in cosmic accidents rather than intelligent design. If you are religious you are bound to think of origin of universe as everything being crafted by god while if you have scientific temperament you have to understand star and planetary formation to deduce creation of earth and moon, earth's environment. For science whole universe can be described in terms of matter-energy and 4 most basic forces, its just a matter of finding out how things turned up just after the big bang and before it. I am confused how people can believe in both things simultaneously and live with so much ego.

NOM to religions but Adam-Eve etc is so 7th century.

. I am confused how people can believe in both things simultaneously .

Even if we come up with a working string theory that explains every force and particle in the universe it still leaves the question yea but who made the stings?

Nothing wrong with working on a LHC thursday and praying Friday.

Even if we come up with a working string theory that explains every force and particle in the universe it still leaves the question yea but who made the stings?

Nothing wrong with working on a LHC thursday and praying Friday.

Actually string theory provides its own theory of origins. You can't just say whatever our working knowledge is, God is what lies one step beyond it.

We use to believe that thunder was the work of the Gods right? That is until we realizes that there is a perfectly natural explanation. Ascribing whatever we don't understand as the work of God is a perfectly ridiculous idea.

I respect individual spirituality, but please keep science, government, education as separate entities.

There is but I will leave this thread to you guys removing misconceptions about Islam while you still live with your own misconceptions. :P

PS: Your misconception on String Theory - Strings are not matter that have to be made by someone, they are different vibrations of energy and at which particular frequency energy is vibrating determines the form of matter.

We use to believe that thunder was the work of the Gods right? That is until we realizes that there is a perfectly natural explanation. Ascribing whatever we don't understand as the work of God is a perfectly ridiculous idea.

I respect individual spirituality, but please keep science, government, education as separate entities.

I believe that is referred to as the "God-of-the-gaps" theory. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom