What's new

463 Crore Per Tejas, More Expensive Than MKI

even the stubborn and hyper nationalist indian will have to admit that Tejas hasn't been the success story it was billed to be :P
This has nothing to do with the aircraft. It's all to do with project management and corruption. Whatever happens from here, will serve India very well. This kind of transparency is India's biggest strength. In the long run, its a win for India!

But Sir Ji, it is vedic techology, it is designed and built by an upcoming supapowa, hence the premium price.

70 million dollar me kaun sa double engine jet aata h?? Wo be 2
FCK-1 25 MILLION $ each
1024px-ROCAF_AIDC_F-CK-1A_Ching_Kuo_Aoki-1.jpg

su-34 36 millions $ each
1024px-MAKS2015part1-10_%28cropped%29.jpg

j11 30 million$ each
1024px-Chinese_Su-27.JPG

SU-27 30 million$ each
800px-Sukhoi_Su-27SKM_at_MAKS-2005_airshow.jpg

mig-29 KUB 16 MILLIONS EACH

1024px-MiG-29K_at_MAKS-2007_airshow_%28altered%29.jpg

mig 35 40million each
800px-Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-35_MAKS%272007_Pichugin.jpg

Do you know who is billing to whom?
I am sure HAL is a government organization is not charging profits ... this must be only the incremental cost of manufacturing the aircraft plus integration cost of new modifications required (excluding already incurred design cost) ... Thunder even after new modification and even more capable is less than half of the price in blk2 configuration ...
70 million dollar me kaun sa double engine jet aata h?? Wo be 2
Mig 35

FCK-1 25 MILLION $ each
1024px-ROCAF_AIDC_F-CK-1A_Ching_Kuo_Aoki-1.jpg

su-34 36 millions $ each
1024px-MAKS2015part1-10_%28cropped%29.jpg

j11 30 million$ each
1024px-Chinese_Su-27.JPG

SU-27 30 million$ each
800px-Sukhoi_Su-27SKM_at_MAKS-2005_airshow.jpg

mig-29 KUB 16 MILLIONS EACH

1024px-MiG-29K_at_MAKS-2007_airshow_%28altered%29.jpg

mig 35 40million each
800px-Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-35_MAKS%272007_Pichugin.jpg
Baat Sahi b... Magar inki production line be to dekhe...
Tejas avi Suru hua h production me...
Agar 200 Tejas ka order rahega to cost Kam hogi

Really? Which one with AESA and other advanced tech? Gripen costs 100 million.

Gripen E is much cheaper than that.
The 60 Gripen E for the Swedish Air Force will cost 36 Billion SEK, which today is $4B.
That is ~$65M per aircraft.
An export version will probably be around $80M.

The only other contract signed for Gripen E is 28 Gripen E/F for 39 Billion SEK to Brazil.
The contract includes a lot of other things besides the aircraft, and the details have never been published so it cannot be used to determine the price of Gripen E to others.

I am sure HAL is a government organization is not charging profits ... this must be only the incremental cost of manufacturing the aircraft plus integration cost of new modifications required (excluding already incurred design cost) ... Thunder even after new modification and even more capable is less than half of the price in blk2

HAL (MOD-Ministry of defense) Bill IAF (MOD - Ministry of defense) procurement for Tejas. so What ever the profit goes back to MOD.

HAL is manufacture not developer. ADA is the developer which is part of DRDO labs. HAL is not allowed to do modifications.

HAL (MOD-Ministry of defense) Bill IAF (MOD - Ministry of defense) procurement for Tejas. so What ever the profit goes back to MOD.

HAL is manufacture not developer. ADA is the developer which is part of DRDO labs. HAL is not allowed to do modifications.

Yes HAL will bill the IAF and they will spend lavishly, apna hi paisa hai except the poor tax payer will be footing the bill.

Yes HAL will bill the IAF and they will spend lavishly, apna hi paisa hai except the poor tax payer will be footing the bill.

Tejas is expensive to recover the cost of overruns as well.

Given the fact that this has happened for the first time and IAF like a moody teenager is not committing large numbers (All first time countries are actually committing large numbers), naturally HAL will hike the price.

Not justifying this but considering the bureaucracy and corruption which takes so long to approve any project in India, this first bullet is something IAF will have to bite. In the long run, it will only benefit us.

So are you saying that due to profit charged by HAL the price has increased ? Furthermore, I will be surprised if modifications in design do not effect the cost of HAL ...

So are you saying that due to profit charged by HAL the price has increased ? Furthermore,
What Iam saying how much Profit they saying (HAL) is goes back to MOD

I will be surprised if modifications in design do not effect the cost of HAL ...
No since there wont be design change after released for manufacturing

Back
Top Bottom