What's new

42 million soccer balls exported from Sialkot ahead of FIFA World Cup

You love Sialkot for this ? And the rest of the country needs to learn from Sialkot ?

Is manufacturing and export of Soccer balls such a major achievement in Pakistan ?
Despite not exactly known for it's sporting achievements and regardless how small the item, i still say it's a matter of pride if one can produce a world class product.

Despite not exactly known for it's sporting achievements and regardless how small the item, i still say it's a matter of pride if one can produce a world class product.

It is something to be proud of but still it is just a soccer ball. I was only surprised by Chak Bamu's comment that he loved Sialkot for this and wanted other Pakistanis to learn from them. It's not the pride, just the degree of pride that surprised me.

It is something to be proud of but still it is just a soccer ball. I was only surprised by Chak Bamu's comment that he loved Sialkot for this and wanted other Pakistanis to learn from them. It's not the pride, just the degree of pride that surprised me.
The difference and the fact is Sialkot is not just known for producing a soccer balls, it's developed into a world renown sports good and surgical equipment industry, the success is such that it now has it's own dry port.

It doesn't get any better than this.
However, I didn't see any Pakistani TV channel make such a report and show it regularly.

it is pride indeed when the hard working worker will see the poster of fifa advertisement with the ball they will pround that one of them is made by him/her !

its better they dont , knowing our media & their reporting skills , you will see headlines like this .

32 Nations Playing with Pakistani Balls :D
bias or one sided doesnt matter but reporting matter alot mate! even in India media!

How World Cup 2014 Balls Are Made in Pakistan Company

World-Cup-2014-soccer-balls-pakistan-company-forward-sports.jpg

Pakistan sports goods manufacturing company got the contract from Adidas to make “official FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil” match balls and we went to the plan where they make the match balls. Although they did not let us film the process but willing to give a short interview and a few pictures of the final balls. This is the process involved in making a football ball which will be used in World Cup 2014.
elCQW9rJiAK4ekf1wnymU1PRcOB_yYYlA05lgWxgn-M=w584-h357-no

Khawaja Akhtar is a football fan and he setup his goal to provide his soccer balls in the biggest competition in the world cup while watching World Cup 2006. Adidas’s contract with a chinese supplier was terminated due to lack of capacity to make a set number of balls in a given period, When Khawaja heard it he immediately invited “Adidas officials” to his plant and assure to make it happen. Towards the last year he got his chance with the contract to supply soccer balls for Brazil World Cup 2014 (the biggest competition in whole world by a margin).
Employ collects “panels” which will be drafted on to the balls later in the process.
world+cup+soccer+balls+panels.jpg

A quality check is done on the panels to be used on match balls
World+Cup+balls+making+process.jpg

Outer panels placed on the balls with the use of “hot air”, this is manual work
world+cup+soccer+balls.jpg

with the use “thermal bonding technology” outer panels are adjusted on the balls. Only thremal bonded balls can absorb the heat and meet fifa’s standards.
world+cup+ballss.jpg

This is when the ball is completed and sent to final check before they are forward to packing unit.

world+cup+soccer+balls+2014+s.jpg

Last edited:
You love Sialkot for this ? And the rest of the country needs to learn from Sialkot ?
Yes why not, sports good manufacturing is a cottage industry in whole sialkot. And this cottage industry has done wonders for this small city.

Is manufacturing and export of Soccer balls such a major achievement in Pakistan ?
Sialkot sports goods are one of the top brands of Pakistan's exports. Hatts off to all sialkoti mundas for progressing well and earning good will for their city and Nation.

Well good for India too. Apparently, These footballs were made with bladders imported from India...
Good for one is, good for all.
Cheap raw material is the basic requirement.

Thread cleaned. Please be civil. @xymt your comments were uncalled for. You did not need to come up with that banya thing. I know you can discuss things on their merit, sir. Please do so and stick to higher standards.

Back
Top Bottom