What's new

40 female cadets joining PMA from Oct: VCOAS

women specially in arms is out of question. we in our quest for modration have gone out of our limit. a women cant meet the rigours of the battle field that are offered in our specific senario. It is possible in few armies because of the enviroment that are offered there. But they have also confronted many problems and consider it is a futile effort. Let us see for how long we hold it on.

Yes men as POWs may be tortured, however torture of women has a different affect on the morale of men and nation as a whole...I just do not see Pakistani Armed Forces allowing women to be in such vulnerable situations.

exactly. after all, its unofficial motto of all armies that they should 'protect women and children'

So the world's most powerful armies can have women soldiers in them but India and Pakistan can't? Seems to me like South Asia has a lot of catching up to do in terms of how they view women.

Women are not allowed to serve in the Combat Arms in the US. The same goes for the Russians. While the Combat Arms are opened to women in both the British and Canadian Armies, most are staying because of the quota, not because there's no one better to replace them. Where there is competition to get into the units (ie, Paras, Light Infantry, SAS), women have never scored high enough to get into those units.

So the world's most powerful armies can have women soldiers in them but India and Pakistan can't? Seems to me like South Asia has a lot of catching up to do in terms of how they view women.

we r just trying to avoid a jessica lynch type situation, where soldiers have to waste precious time in rescue operations, when they have more presssing work at hand. :hitwall:

also it has been scientifically proven that the skull-size ( & brain size ) of an average woman is 15% less than that of an average man. :tdown:

women r also twice as likely to surrender than men in similar situations. :tdown:

we r just trying to avoid a jessica lynch type situation, where soldiers have to waste precious time in rescue operations, when they have more presssing work at hand. :hitwall:
Jessica Lynch was not responsible for her capture. Her CO was and he is a man.

also it has been scientifically proven that the skull-size ( & brain size ) of an average woman is 15% less than that of an average man. :tdown:

That does not prove intelligence at all

women r also twice as likely to surrender than men in similar situations. :tdown:

When was the last time you won a fight against your mother?

My god...its a good thing this guy got banned already because this has got to be one of the dumbest posts ever........

Asalaam-o-Alaikum everyone!!!

I just wanted to know that if Army has stooped taking female cadets (under grduate and graduates) ?

Pakistan Zindabaad!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Are you kidding me? :rofl::rofl:

Thats a very good step towards a proper liberal country :tup:

Skh_Fem_cadets.jpg

I have only one problem with the induction of the females in the armed forces or in any other profession so to speak. That is, we have tens of thousands of 'unemployed' eligible males in our country. Have we solved the problem of providing them with the much needed jobs that we are moving to grant jobs to the women?

Another problem is, our male dominated society has not yet reached to a certain maturity. Thus the induction of females in any environment has been more problematic. I work in research/academic environment and I have seen unjustified favors to females so often that I decided that once I become a lab director, I'll never ever offer a position to a female (anyway, that decision was made when I was in Pakistan, some 8 years ago).

I honestly believe that in our society, the males have the responsibility of running the household (not that women don’t, but mostly it is on men). Therefore, I would rather hire a less competitive man than a more competitive female. I can always train him to the desired level.

These are only my thoughts based on my experience in certain environments, and anybody can disagree. Let me make it clear however, that I am not a misogynist and believe in human rights (both male and female).

Back
Top Bottom