What's new

3rd Test of Agni-IV shortly : DRDO

Agni 5 has greater throw weight.

Agni 4 has 1 ton payload and Agni 5's payload is 1,500 kg.

Weight of the payload has 500 kg difference, and missile wight overall difference is very huge from 17 tonne to 50 tonne why so ?

which missiles's sub components do u think we are testing here ;)

though Agni-4 is somewhat has similar range,K-4 is much smaller than A-4(10m compared to 20m) and compact..but yes,subsystems may be remain similar..K-4's gas boosters were already tested and may be K-4 itself was tested but never published..so,first launch of K-4 is quite exciting..

[Bregs];4777774 said:
Weight of the payload has 500 kg difference, and missile wight overall difference is very huge from 17 tonne to 50 tonne why so ?

Agni 5 has range certainly more than 5500 Kms. Most probably 8K.

You dont add 30T of weight for 500kg of payload and 1k more range.

[Bregs];4777774 said:

The reason could be that Agni 5 has higher flight altitude.

The sources say flight altitude of A 4 is 900 KM and that of A 5 is 600 KM +.

The '+' sign is important.

In addition, 4,000 KM is maximum range of A 4 while 5,000 KM is not maximum range of A 5; it's maximum range is 5,700 to 5,800 KM according to V.K> Saraswat and this figures look logical when we see ranges of other missiles

Prasun Dasgupta said that total weight inclusive of launcher truck etc is 50 tons. Actual weight of A5 is just 26 tons.

Range of A4 is 4000 KM with 1.5 tons payload as it is known to us but I read on BR that one scientist involved said that there is a scope in A4 to add some fuel. A4 traveled at 800 KM+ height in his second test, which is once again an indication of much higher range than the published range. With both composite stages and new fuel, I believe that A4 can go upto 7000 KM.

Range of A3 is 4500 KM with 2.5 tons of Payload. Its is over 10,000 KM for a payload of 1 ton.

A5 is much potent missile compare to A3 and A4.

can any one tell me the actual range of A5 without reducing the weight of actual payload?? I highly doubt that its range is only 5k. :laughcry:

can any one tell me the actual range of A5 without reducing the weight of actual payload?? I highly doubt that its range is only 5k. :laughcry:

According to DRDO chief (V.K Saraswat), the exact range of Agni V is "classified"[10] but afterwards he described Agni V as a missile with a range of 5,500–5,800 km

It can be 5000 KM with 3.0 tons of payload. It should be more than 11,000 Km with 1 ton Payload.

The news that it is 5000 KM with 1.5 ton is fake.

Even A3 is 4500 KM with 2.5 tons. Pl read read. Wiki says it is 4500 KM with 2490 KG warhead.

Agni-III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The may be understating the range to justify A6. They have declared that A6 will be a 3.0 ton warhead carrying missile but they are faking the range once again to keep the provision of Surya.

Pl read this to further enlighten yourself.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/234161-agni-missiles-more-than-what-meets-eye.html

Prasun Dasgupta said that total weight inclusive of launcher truck etc is 50 tons. Actual weight of A5 is just 26 tons.

Range of A4 is 4000 KM with 1.5 tons payload as it is known to us but I read on BR that one scientist involved said that there is a scope in A4 to add some fuel. A4 traveled at 800 KM+ height in his second test, which is once again an indication of much higher range than the published range. With both composite stages and new fuel, I believe that A4 can go upto 7000 KM.

Range of A3 is 4500 KM with 2.5 tons of Payload. Its is over 10,000 KM for a payload of 1 ton.

A5 is much potent missile compare to A3 and A4.

900 KM.............................................

well its official range declared is 5500+KM when former DRDO chief said it after first test. Exact range is classified and I feel its a good move. Also this range is more than enough for us as per the current threat perception.

Agni V Range is 5000km to 8000km according to DRDO. Range depends on its warhead weight.

It means unofficial range of Agni 5 is around 7k plus so it meets all immediate threats of India if it has to retaliate

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom