What's new

3rd Test: England vs Pakistan at Kennington Oval, Aug 18-22, 2010

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well the third test between Pakistan and England is starting from Wed Aug 18 - Sun Aug 22. So please discuss all the issues related to third test and Pakistan's performance in this thread.

Their are two reasons for creating this thread.

1 The most obvious reason is to discuss the Pakistan's performance, expected playing eleven etc etc in this thread.

2 The second reason is to give you guys mental torture and misery through this thread. :D

So please have all discussions related with the third test match here.

:)

Last edited:
It is a must win match for Pakistan if they want to keep their hopes up for the series. Pakistan has to improve its batting in order to have any chance at this. They also should try restricting England to a lower score, but batting should be where the focus on improvement should be.

I hope Pakistan wins this though, so at least the last match would be more interesting.

But it doesn't matter to me as I don't like watching cricket, I think it's boring :devil:
And I am happy today as Federer won :P, that too at my campus where I live (York University) where Rogers Cup is being held :chilli:

agreed if we can score 500 runs in both innings and our bowling do what they are doing for last 6 innings it will be easy win but both have to click at the same time if one thins failled we can't win eaither score that huge so opponent in pressure get them self out but unfortunatley if u total the last six innings score of pakistan it wont reach to 500 hundreed runs but with MY inclusion their is a chance that we can score bettter this time and MY cannot win you matches team wins the match everyone has to make its part MY only can score and sometime get out but he is better than amin for sure than picl the better option availaable and experienced too

agreed if we can score 500 runs in both innings and our bowling do what they are doing for last 6 innings it will be easy win but both have to click at the same time if one thins failled we can't win eaither score that huge so opponent in pressure get them self out but unfortunatley if u total the last six innings score of pakistan it wont reach to 500 hundreed runs but with MY inclusion their is a chance that we can score bettter this time and MY cannot win you matches team wins the match everyone has to make its part MY only can score and sometime get out but he is better than amin for sure than picl the better option availaable and experienced too

Yeah you are right but the question is Who is going to score those 500 runs.
Do you think our batting is capable to do that?

welll MY is in the team if he can get 50 to 70 odd yes we can score 250 in both innings sub tottal will be 500

bhai woh bhi khelne aaye hain......... aage unhain ne aik inning main

1st Test: England 1st inning = 354 runs

you can expect them to make 400+ as well........ they outclassed aussies recently

well zaki our bowling is better than aussie 100 percent they can get their 20 wickets under 500 runs if fielder take their catches

Pakistan rule out Gul replacement

Cricinfo staff
August 12, 2010

The Pakistan team management in England has decided against calling up a replacement bowler for the injured Umar Gul, who suffered a hamstring injury during the second Test against the hosts at Edgbaston.

"We have two back up pace bowlers, Tanvir Ahmed and Wahab Riaz in the touring squad and either one of them can replace Gul for the remaining Tests," team manager Yawar Saeed told PTI.

Both Ahmed and Riaz have been with the team since the start of the tour. The Pakistan touring squad presently includes 17 players.

"The tour selectors will decide who will play but for now we are not asking for a replacement as Gul is also due to have another scan on August 18," Saeed said.

It would be known after the scan whether Gul can recover in time for the two Twenty20 and five one-day internationals against England next month.

"Presently, he has been advised rest for up to three weeks but we will know the correct position next week on how much more time his recovery will take," he added.

Gul is said to have ruptured a muscle in his thigh while bowling in England's first innings, although he batted freely, albeit with a runner, during Pakistan's second innings. Gul had also missed the ICC World Twenty20 and Asia Cup earlier this year due to injury.

Meanwhile, chief selector Mohsin Khan and limited-overs captain Shahid Afridi are due to fly to England during the third Test to finalise the limited-overs squad.

Pakistan news: Pakistan rule out Gul replacement | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Worcestershire v Pakistanis, Worcester, 1st day

Mohammad Yousuf shines on rainy day

Mohammad Yousuf walked in at New Road 57 minutes into the Pakistanis' innings after the openers, having started on a pretty note, had departed in quick succession. As bad light and spells of rain curtailed the most of the day's play, the severity of the situation probably wasn't lost on Pakistan's most senior batsman.

All summer the Pakistani batsmen have failed to stay long periods at the crease. After the 150-run defeat against England at Trent Bridge, the PCB, without any hint or suggestion, rushed in Yousuf. His experience was crucial for the young middle order, it was felt. Yousuf had led Pakistan as recently as January but retired abruptly and unceremoniously after a PCB inquest nailed him as one of the culprits for the abysmal Australian tour. Fortunately, he arrived in England with a fresh mindset.

He had opted to sit out of the Edgbaston Test, having landed on the eve of the match. On Friday he did not have to wait for long. Yasir Hameed, having been dropped once by Moeen Ali at second slip off Chris Russell, went for a rash stroke the very next delivery, pitched in the channel, and was picked neatly by first slip by Vikram Solanki, who had stepped down as Worcester captain late last evening.

Azhar Ali, the other opener, was run out having found himself at the same end as Hameed less than three overs earlier. Suddenly, Kamran Akmal's decision to bat on an overcast day, with a batting order short of runs, seemed dicey.

But Yousuf calmed the nerves. He slid in like a wrestler into the ring. Then, with a hunched stance, he judiciously picked the right balls to play. The first delivery was left alone. Ditto the next one. Two runs were stolen after a misfield at short over. The next 16 deliveries, spread around an hour-long rain break, did not fetch any runs.

As the others rushed back to the dressing room, Yousuf altered his path to sign some autographs. He wanted to be there in the middle. He remained padded all through the extended interval as tea was taken, and when play resumed an hour before the regulated stoppage time, he had gathered his wits.

The 21-year-old Russell, who is on the Worcester staff and playing his maiden game for the first eleven, was spanked disdainfully as he kept pitching short. Yousuf played a classic square cut past the point boundary. A ball later he steered it past the slips and the vacant third man for another four. The shot of the day arrived a few overs later when Yousuf, in his 30s, charged Russell, and hit a straight drive past the bowler. The local lad was seething with anger mid-pitch.

As he was trying to find his own feet, Yousuf helped Umar Amin settle down quickly, too. At the change of overs he was intensely speaking to the left-hander, animatedly directing the dos and don'ts. Amin was guarded to begin with, yet grew confident with time.

On a day when rain had robbed about 68 overs, Yousuf maintained his calm and stood out like the rainbow that appeared late in the afternoon and brightened the Pakistanis' spirits.

Pakistanis 112/2 (28.1 ov)

Stumps - Day 1

------------------------------

good to see Yusuf bhai playing well... :tup:

Worcestershire v Pakistanis, Worcester, 1st day

Mohammad Yousuf shines on rainy day

Mohammad Yousuf walked in at New Road 57 minutes into the Pakistanis' innings after the openers, having started on a pretty note, had departed in quick succession. As bad light and spells of rain curtailed the most of the day's play, the severity of the situation probably wasn't lost on Pakistan's most senior batsman.

All summer the Pakistani batsmen have failed to stay long periods at the crease. After the 150-run defeat against England at Trent Bridge, the PCB, without any hint or suggestion, rushed in Yousuf. His experience was crucial for the young middle order, it was felt. Yousuf had led Pakistan as recently as January but retired abruptly and unceremoniously after a PCB inquest nailed him as one of the culprits for the abysmal Australian tour. Fortunately, he arrived in England with a fresh mindset.

He had opted to sit out of the Edgbaston Test, having landed on the eve of the match. On Friday he did not have to wait for long. Yasir Hameed, having been dropped once by Moeen Ali at second slip off Chris Russell, went for a rash stroke the very next delivery, pitched in the channel, and was picked neatly by first slip by Vikram Solanki, who had stepped down as Worcester captain late last evening.

Azhar Ali, the other opener, was run out having found himself at the same end as Hameed less than three overs earlier. Suddenly, Kamran Akmal's decision to bat on an overcast day, with a batting order short of runs, seemed dicey.

But Yousuf calmed the nerves. He slid in like a wrestler into the ring. Then, with a hunched stance, he judiciously picked the right balls to play. The first delivery was left alone. Ditto the next one. Two runs were stolen after a misfield at short over. The next 16 deliveries, spread around an hour-long rain break, did not fetch any runs.

As the others rushed back to the dressing room, Yousuf altered his path to sign some autographs. He wanted to be there in the middle. He remained padded all through the extended interval as tea was taken, and when play resumed an hour before the regulated stoppage time, he had gathered his wits.

The 21-year-old Russell, who is on the Worcester staff and playing his maiden game for the first eleven, was spanked disdainfully as he kept pitching short. Yousuf played a classic square cut past the point boundary. A ball later he steered it past the slips and the vacant third man for another four. The shot of the day arrived a few overs later when Yousuf, in his 30s, charged Russell, and hit a straight drive past the bowler. The local lad was seething with anger mid-pitch.

As he was trying to find his own feet, Yousuf helped Umar Amin settle down quickly, too. At the change of overs he was intensely speaking to the left-hander, animatedly directing the dos and don'ts. Amin was guarded to begin with, yet grew confident with time.

On a day when rain had robbed about 68 overs, Yousuf maintained his calm and stood out like the rainbow that appeared late in the afternoon and brightened the Pakistanis' spirits.

Pakistanis 112/2 (28.1 ov)

Stumps - Day 1

------------------------------

good to see Yusuf bhai playing well... :tup:

Thats why I was asking for yousuf these craps amin and azhar cant give u nothing more than a failures but stilll our team is full of craps who will never perfomed and not going to perfom one goes out and other crap comes in ferhat misbah kamran amin yasir these all are failed and tested enough most of matches pakistan lost because of thei stupidity but if you have MY and YN they can score you tons of runs on their day at any atmosphere and at any pitch but at the other hand u give these craps a batsmans paradise they will keep getting out on ducks so better of keep playing experience which all teams are doing and keep rotation policy until we find replacment for these magical players
Mohammad yousuf not opnly play himself but players around him plays well when he gives them direcdtion how to play on that particular pitch so we must need him In test and ODI no question about it who ever against was MY unko karara jawab mil chuka hai

Karara Jawab mila ga MY ka mukhalifoo ko salman butt aur waqar younis ki pants geelo kardi hongi MY na jo MY ki tour pa ana ka khilaf tha WY na jo kia uska bad main WY ki aik taka bhi izzat nahe karta woh team ka hami nahe hai youngster kai khillaf main nahe hoo lakin 2 youngsters aik hi match main aur kuch ko tu experience hi nahe hai na technique mujha yad hai 2004 australia tour waqar ka comment imran ferhat ki dono innings main same hook short pa out hona ka Imran do not deserve to play and now he is playing under his scanner keep doing what he is best at geetin out rubbishly well and full credits goes to waqar younis

Last edited:

well pakistani batsman needs a coach like him specially amin and salman butt hahahahhaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom