What's new

3G spectrum licenses auction concludes:Live Updates

and Round 6 also goes without bidding...

So Round 5 and 6 goes without bidding...

I see only Round 8 may raise the price tag.. Expecting the same for round 7

and Round 6 also goes without bidding...

So Round 5 and 6 goes without bidding...

I see only Round 8 may raise the price tag.. Expecting the same for round 7

But it is only for 3g.

Let suppose the overall auction reaches upto 950Million dollars for 3g than we can atleast expect 500Million for 4g or in short something around 1.4Billion dollars in total

Few hours earlier they were expecting 1Billion dollars and some even less than 900Million dollars max but due to the bidding increase to almost 900Million dollars now,They are expecting atleast 1.2Billion dollars and upto 1.5Billion dollars.
don't say anything if u don't know anything:hitwall:

The sixth round of auction process for 3G licenses concluded at $902.82 million on Wednesday without any change from the previous two rounds and a $17.82 million increase in the bids since their begining, DawnNews reported.

The total opening price of the four lots of 3G licenses was $885 million while there was an increase of $5.9 million in Lot D and $11.92 million in Lot A at the end of the sixth round auction.

At the end of the auction's first round there was no increase in the bid price whereas there was an increase of $5.9 million in the bid price of Lot D at the end of the second round. Moreover, an increase of $5.9 million and $5.92 million in the bid price of Lot A had taken place by the end of the third and fourth rounds of the auction process.

Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) Dr Syed Ismail Shah had earlier told Dawn that the first round of the license auction process had concluded with the four competing companies agreeing to the base price.

Initially, three 10 MHz 3G licences and two 10 MHz 4G licences were announced for auction but currently the auction for four lots of the 3G spectrum are underway.

The addition of another lot of the 3G spectrum licenses was made in accordance to a stipulation in the information memorandum for the spectrum auction.

The auction for the 4G licenses would take place after the completion of the 3G licenses auction.

The second and third rounds of the auction for 3G licenses, began with a two per cent incremental bid price.

The PTA committee is authorised to increase the bid price by one to three per cent per round.

There are a total of eight rounds of the auction process.

The base price for a 3G licence is $295 million and for a 4G licence it’s $210m.

Mobile phone companies can bid for one 10MHz bandwidth licence or the entire spectrum, comprising three 10MHz licences (a total bandwidth of 30MHz).

The four companies participating in the bidding had earlier logged on to the software of the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) for the process.

According to PTA officials, the four bidders were assigned different colours, and each bidder would bid through the colour allotted to them instead of through their respective names.

The PTA expects to receive more than $1.3 billion from the auction.

Round six of 3G spectrum licenses auction ends without change - DAWN.COM

resr6.jpg

4th 5th and 6th round results stay the same at 902.82 million dollars

3G licence should fetch around $1 billion to $1.2b. 900million is too less.

But it is only for 3g.

Let suppose the overall auction reaches upto 950Million dollars for 3g than we can atleast expect 500Million for 4g or in short something around 1.4Billion dollars in total
I know, but bigger share of revenue is going to be 3G. 4G is just few additional features of 3G...

If 3G goes above 1 billion dollars and 4G sold at base rate of 220 million dollars.. we are close to 1.2 billion dollars.. If for some reason it goes beyond 300-500 - We can reach close to 1.5 billion dollars... Lets see where it ends.. anything between 1.2 billion to 2 billion dollars seems likely

and round 7 goes without bidding once again

As I said earlier, I wasn't hoping much from Round 5, 6 and 7.

I think there will be increased bidding in Round 8 Insha'Allah

It's more like eBay bidding process right now where everybody wants to bid in the last moments :D

I don't understand why everyone is so fixated on the short term money this brings in. Faster mobile internet at reasonable costs will bring about tremendous benefits to the people and economy. Smart phones are getting cheaper by the day, eventually everyone will be able to afford one. Small time mobile app companies will spring out of nowhere providing much needed services. Restaurant bookings, route navigation, news alerts, e-government services, and so much more

Imagine if round 8 also finishes without price change. PTA already managed to secure 1.322 billion dollars as the price tag of 210 million dollars for 4G licence x 2 = will make it 420 million dollars + 902 million dollars 3g license = Thats above 1.3 billion dollars already

So any increase in the 4G license or Round 8 of the 3G license can raise this figure to handsome amount.

I think even if the final price is 1.5 billion dollars.. It's nothing It should have been at least 2.5 billion dollars to idealy above 3 billion dollars

Imagine if round 8 also finishes without price change. PTA already managed to secure 1.322 billion dollars as the price tag of 210 million dollars for 4G licence x 2 = will make it 420 million dollars + 902 million dollars 3g license = Thats above 1.3 billion dollars already

So any increase in the 4G license or Round 8 of the 3G license can raise this figure to handsome amount.

I think even if the final price is 1.5 billion dollars.. It's nothing It should have been at least 2.5 billion dollars to idealy above 3 billion dollars

We need to compare this with regional countries like India and Bangladesh. Can anyone tell me how much they earned from similar deal?

Is there any new telecom operator bidding?

Nope.

Ufone gave 18 mbps speed, while mobilink and zong gave 4 and 2 mbps respectively !

We need to compare this with regional countries like India and Bangladesh. Can anyone tell me how much they earned from similar deal?
India earned 18 billion dollars back in 2010.

It's 4 years passed...

But but keep in mind, the total number of existing subscribers in both countries, potential customers, total population, average tariff rate etc when comparing both nations.

Bangladesh earned about 700 million dollars in 3G license if my memory is correct

Pathetic round 5. Was expecting at least SOMETHING. We're probably gonna be disappointed again....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom