What's new

37 Hindus convert to Islam in Matli

Bond

Reaction score
KARACHI: On Saturday, 37 people from seven Hindu families converted to Islam in Matli. They claim that more families will be embracing the religion in the coming weeks.

In the last 22 months, around 93 families from the Bheel community ie Dalits or untouchables, approached the Bait-us-Salam Madrassa in Matli to convert. Most of these people work as farmers and are from Badin, Tando Muhammad Khan, Mirpurkhas or Sanghar. “We were neither Muslim nor Hindu,” said a newly converted Abdullah Shaikh. “We had no knowledge of our religion. I haven’t even seen our sacred book and don’t even know what it’s called.” He added that Muslims and Hindus both usually stay away from them and their attitude was humiliating.

“I am happy to convert,” he said. “No one forced me to do this. My children will offer their prayers proudly and will not be discriminated against.” He told The Express Tribune that he was a farmer and had eight children. “We live comfortably,” he said. “My maternal cousin converted to Islam a few months ago and it really inspired me to do the same.”

Another new convert Khan Muhammad, 45, said that no one in his family had converted to Islam. It is commonly believed that these people convert as they are unable to pay the debts they owe to their landlords. As the debts keep mounting, the landlords exploit them and force them to work on their lands as bonded labour. He admitted that he owed Rs60,000 in debt and the seminary had paid it off. While talking to The Express Tribune about religion and tradition, he said that his brother and sister-in-law had asked a Muslim cleric to perform their Nikkah some 40 years ago because they did not know what religious norms they were supposed to follow.

Maulana Muhammad Mushtaque Magsi from the Bait-us-Salam Madrassa confirmed that 93 families had indeed converted to Islam in the last 22 months. “Some students and converts managed to convince others to follow suit,” he said. “A few people also come here because they are in debt or fed up with life. We do not force anyone to convert.”

While talking to The Express Tribune about how they helped the converts settle into their new lives, Maulana Magsi said that in order to help with the transition, the converts were asked to live in a colony belonging to the seminary for four to five months. He added that they were given food, medicine, Islamic education and some money when they left the seminary.

“We do face some problems because of the landlords,” he said. “They don’t want the farmers to convert and believe that we are from some banned outfit or receive financial support from abroad.” Magsi added that they did not have a hidden agenda and were only trying to help.
Bait-us-Salam patron Haji Bashir Kambho said that they had paid Rs311,000 for the seven families on Saturday.

He added that the landlords had refused to let them go without the money. “I think some of the families converted to Islam because of their debts but do not think all of them had the same intentions,” he said. “The discrimination they faced has something to do with it too. They were not given respect among Hindus or Muslims.”

Published in The Express Tribune, December 13th, 2011.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Great news!!! Make it land of pure as soon as possible. Convert all kafirs !!!!! Subhan Allah !!! :taz:

Mashallah good news , they converted to Muslims by their choice and this is good thing . No one should force them .

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Great news!!! Make it land of pure as soon as possible. Convert all kafirs !!!!! Subhan Allah !!! :taz:
they made their own choice why you are burning with hate . show you hate somewhere else

KARACHI: On Saturday, 37 people from seven Hindu families converted to Islam in Matli. They claim that more families will be embracing the religion in the coming weeks.

In the last 22 months, around 93 families from the Bheel community ie Dalits or untouchables, approached the Bait-us-Salam Madrassa in Matli to convert. Most of these people work as farmers and are from Badin, Tando Muhammad Khan, Mirpurkhas or Sanghar. “We were neither Muslim nor Hindu,” said a newly converted Abdullah Shaikh. “We had no knowledge of our religion. I haven’t even seen our sacred book and don’t even know what it’s called.” He added that Muslims and Hindus both usually stay away from them and their attitude was humiliating.

“I am happy to convert,” he said. “No one forced me to do this. My children will offer their prayers proudly and will not be discriminated against.” He told The Express Tribune that he was a farmer and had eight children. “We live comfortably,” he said. “My maternal cousin converted to Islam a few months ago and it really inspired me to do the same.”

Another new convert Khan Muhammad, 45, said that no one in his family had converted to Islam. It is commonly believed that these people convert as they are unable to pay the debts they owe to their landlords. As the debts keep mounting, the landlords exploit them and force them to work on their lands as bonded labour. He admitted that he owed Rs60,000 in debt and the seminary had paid it off. While talking to The Express Tribune about religion and tradition, he said that his brother and sister-in-law had asked a Muslim cleric to perform their Nikkah some 40 years ago because they did not know what religious norms they were supposed to follow.

Maulana Muhammad Mushtaque Magsi from the Bait-us-Salam Madrassa confirmed that 93 families had indeed converted to Islam in the last 22 months. “Some students and converts managed to convince others to follow suit,” he said. “A few people also come here because they are in debt or fed up with life. We do not force anyone to convert.”

While talking to The Express Tribune about how they helped the converts settle into their new lives, Maulana Magsi said that in order to help with the transition, the converts were asked to live in a colony belonging to the seminary for four to five months. He added that they were given food, medicine, Islamic education and some money when they left the seminary.

“We do face some problems because of the landlords,” he said. “They don’t want the farmers to convert and believe that we are from some banned outfit or receive financial support from abroad.” Magsi added that they did not have a hidden agenda and were only trying to help.
Bait-us-Salam patron Haji Bashir Kambho said that they had paid Rs311,000 for the seven families on Saturday.

He added that the landlords had refused to let them go without the money. “I think some of the families converted to Islam because of their debts but do not think all of them had the same intentions,” he said. “The discrimination they faced has something to do with it too. They were not given respect among Hindus or Muslims.”

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

!!! :taz:

---------------------

Hey bond relax or you are gona go mad and end up going to the hospital chill why so much hate ... it is choices of people from their own hearts,minds and souls to choose what they want to be inside out and no one cares a damn about what you say think or feel. Learn to be at ease kill the hate and be peaceful in your ways in life being a hater won't get you anywhere in life but just down 6 feet deep. :tdown:

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Great news!!! Make it land of pure as soon as possible. Convert all kafirs !!!!! Subhan Allah !!! :taz:

We should not interfere into the freedom of religion of others. Everybody has the right to take the religion according to the choice which will be judged by the Almighty. So, there is no scope for anyone to make joke about that. It is very shameless work to make fun with the religion of others only for maintaining the aggression against a human community. Shame on them who want to interrupt the choices of the religion of the people. Any sensible people want the true and pure Din for the proper betterment of the life. That is the final point.

May Allah grace us all.

timetoedit.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

To me religion is a secondary thing, I am happy to see that these who converted are able to pay and braeak free the bonded labour thing they where into.
As long as I am concerned any thing that aguments life and freedom is welcomed.

I kinda agree with you...

i am happy to call everyone brothers despite any religion they follow, religion is just a path to god.
we take different path but all the path lead to only one God whom we call by different names.

HAhaha ,this philosophy is pure grade BS for followers of non dhramic religions. They simply don't understand it .

And its also meaningless for them as their religion tells them that their own religion is the only true religion and rest are condemned to Hell fire.

i am happy to call everyone brothers despite any religion they follow, religion is just a path to god.
we take different path but all the path lead to only one God whom we call by different names.

ashokbhai I call you brother as well. I was welcoming someone it was not brothers cos i dont regard for example you as a bro

yes and no

Back
Top Bottom