What's new

350 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Maharaja Ranjit Singh anniversary

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Around 350 Sikh pilgrims from India have arrived in Pakistan by a special train to observe the 173rd death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

The Sikhs left for Gurdwara Janamasthan in Nankana Sahib by train after reaching Lahore Thursday, The News International reported Friday.

They will go to Hassan Abdal June 23 to visit Gurdwara Punja Sahib. They will also visit the Gurdwara Rori Sahib in Aimanabad.

The pilgrims will reach Gurdwara Dera Sahib in Lahore June 26 to perform rituals for the death anniversary, the report said.

The programme will continue till June 30, and the pilgrims will leave for India the same day.

Ranjeet Singh ruled the undivided Punjab province from 1799 to 1839. He is revered as a hero by Sikhs.

Gurdwara Rori Sahib marks the site where Guru Nanak, after the destruction of Aimanabad town by Babur, lay on a hard bed of pebbles, according to the Sikhi Wiki website.

Gurdwara Punja Sahib is situated at Hasan Abdal, 48 km from Rawalpindi. It has a rock believed to have the handprint of Guru Nanak imprinted on it.

The Times of India - Indian Newspapers in English Language from six editions.

Im sure they will be most welcome as always...

The thing is that all this nonsense we read about minorities not safe in Pakistan, if that was the case, why would these people take the risk,.....for they know, they are always treated as honourable guests......350 is just the number arriving from India, where as those travelling from UK, Canada and elsewhere swells the number into thousands.

that is pretty disgusting that we are hosting these people for THIS occasion

they usually come just for pilgrimage and all which is fine...why should Govt Punjab allow an event that co-memorates a blood-sucking locust like maharaja singh (admittedly, a formidable general)

if things were my way the event would be cancelled and these guys would be sent back across the border

The thing is that all this nonsense we read about minorities not safe in Pakistan, if that was the case, why would these people take the risk,.....for they know, they are always treated as honourable guests......350 is just the number arriving from India, where as those travelling from UK, Canada and elsewhere swells the number into thousands.

My mate was their couple of years ago and said he watched incredible empathy and sign of love between the visitors and Pakistani citizens. He was explaining an "almost carnival experience" and thats the way it should always be. Just a few international trolls on here portray an image of animosity - doesn't exist at all in reality. Bless the visitors and of course safe journey

It amuses me how can so many pakistanis are obsessed with brahmins and bania :woot:
Those were most of our ancestors. We have respect for them. Post-colonial ones have a different mentality; since Pakistan was created, they will always in thier heart recognise it as thier own land and hate the people we respect the most ie:founding fathers of Pakistan.

maharaja's samadhi in kahore
QH8YF00Z.jpg

4707163.jpg

Samadhi_of_Ranjit_Singh_July_1_2005.jpg

4492935581_a73bf8913c_z.jpg

It amuses me to see so many Indians on PDF telling us we are obsessed with brahmins and bania when they are themselves obsessed with PDF. The irony is the Indian doing the biggest trolly posts is the one trying to be accepted amongst his fellow Indians - lol keep trying dude and who knows you may get some "pats on your back for being a good little poodle".;)
I think its great that these guys have reached their destination and hope they get the hospitality they deserve - I would suggest the trolls of the likes of Adnan - to save themselves from a banning and leave this thread alone.

He is an Indian patriot, no different from any other Indian patriots on this forum like myself. I know it must be a hard concept for you guys, because I highly doubt any non-Muslim Pakistani is patriotic of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, but it happens in India. There are close to 300 million non-Hindus in this country which includes me, and most of us are very patriotic to India and would give our lives to protect India from external enemies like yourself. So I suggest you leave the personal attacks out of discussions.

It amuses me to see so many Indians on PDF telling us we are obsessed with brahmins and bania when they are themselves obsessed with PDF. The irony is the Indian doing the biggest trolly posts is the one trying to be accepted amongst his fellow Indians - lol keep trying dude and who knows you may get some "pats on your back for being a good little poodle".;)
I think its great that these guys have reached their destination and hope they get the hospitality they deserve - I would suggest the trolls of the likes of Adnan - to save themselves from a banning and leave this thread alone.

I can never understand this sort of ridiculous outlook. If i'm a Muslim standing up for the country, then i'm a poodle and looking to get "accepted" ? I do not understand why , being an Indian citizen, i (Muslim) need to seek "acceptance" from anyone else. This is my country "bro". Its my right and privilege to stand up for my country.

If you have trouble gaining acceptance in your own country, then it is exclusively your concern, please do not drag us into this.

Makes me angry every single time.

- Fazludeen

I can never understand this sort of ridiculous outlook. If i'm a Muslim standing up for the country, then i'm a poodle and looking to get "accepted" ? I do not understand why , being an Indian citizen, i ( Muslim ) need to seek "acceptance" from anyone else. This is my country "bro".

If you have trouble gaining acceptance in your own country, then its really your concern, please do not drag us into this.

Please view his posts and then judge for yourself. There is a unique sense of hatred for the nationality of the owners of this website. He is simply trolling. He has nothing to say on a topic and the lace is seen on every post he makes. I am not generalizing - this is specific to this guy. I dont mind patriotism or banter but not constant unnecessary hatred for the sake of it..

because I highly doubt any non-Muslim Pakistani is patriotic of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, but it happens in India.

Only shows you are ignorant and would have to learn a lot. You are here, we will try to help.

There are close to 300 million non-Hindus in this country which includes me, and most of us are very patriotic to India and would give our lives to protect India from external enemies like yourself.

Like if we care. You can die today for your country. Just don't rant here.

I guess some of you are old members but still trolling like a little kid :angry:

Please don't spoil this thread and stick to the topic

why mods -admins give this troll Adnan Faruqi again and again chances for bash pakistan ?as we all know he will never ever post positive in 10 more years :rolleyes:

I can never understand this sort of ridiculous outlook. If i'm a Muslim standing up for the country, then i'm a poodle and looking to get "accepted" ? I do not understand why , being an Indian citizen, i (Muslim) need to seek "acceptance" from anyone else. This is my country "bro". Its my right and privilege to stand up for my country.

If you have trouble gaining acceptance in your own country, then it is exclusively your concern, please do not drag us into this.

if you dont like what you see, go find another forum

you arent doing PDF a favour by being here

and we dont care how angry you get kon ho tum? -- go take a nap and fizzle off kid.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom