What's new

350 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Maharaja Ranjit Singh anniversary

Some Pakistanis mistakenly confuse Maharajah Ranjeet with the period of Sikh warlodism and blame him for every wrong that was done by the Sikh war lords.

This is very notion is totally untrue.

Maharajah put an end to the Sikh war lords and brought much needed peace to the region.

Lahore fort's gate was opened when Maharaja approached the city. He didn't have to fight his way in.

The reason is that he had already proven to be a wise and just ruler and general and Muslim leaders of Lahore knew about his efforts towards bringing peace and harmony in Gujranwala and surrounding areas.

Once Maharaja took control of the Punjab, he didn't go around killing Muslims nawabs and subedars. He just co-opted them in the government.

This is why it is important for Pakistanis to understand their history without attaching false emotions related to religion and other mumbo jumbo.

peace.
Although i agree with your post he killed the nawabs of Bahawalpur. This is my city and I can dispute you on this.

that is pretty disgusting that we are hosting these people for THIS occasion

they usually come just for pilgrimage and all which is fine...why should Govt Punjab allow an event that co-memorates a blood-sucking locust like maharaja singh (admittedly, a formidable general)

if things were my way the event would be cancelled and these guys would be sent back across the border

i agree sir and history documents it that he was one hairy fag with male concubines in his court.

350 is too much. I hope ISI is watching their every move.
facepalm.jpg

Although i agree with your post he killed the nawabs of Bahawalpur. This is my city and I can dispute you on this.

Which of the Nawabs was killed by Maharaja Ranjit Singh?

Nawab Bahawal Khan II

or

Nawab Bahawal Khan III ?

Because these are the only two main ones who existed during the period of Maharaja.

Thank you

Which of the Nawabs was killed by Maharaja Ranjit Singh?

Nawab Bahawal Khan II

or

Nawab Bahawal Khan III ?

Because these are the only two main ones who existed during the period of Maharaja.

Thank you

Did he not destory the Nawab's buildings and their legacy?

Oh my dear poster, you said "he killed the nawabs of Bahawalpur".

I asked you which of the Nawabs was killed. I provided the name of two Nawabs whose reign matches with Maharajah's period.

So please answer me. you are from Bahawalpur as per your own statement.

Thank you

350 is too much. I hope ISI is watching their every move.

From an independent observer's pov, Sikhs are the most loyal to their professed motherland aka Punjab.

Hindu Punjabis are stuck in Bharat Mata
And
Muslim Punjabis are stuck with Islamist Mata (Note that Mata and Ummah have very similar meanings).

So majority of Sikhs visiting Pakistani Punjab will by percentage much more loyal and respectful to the land compared to majority of Muslim Punjabis.

So ISI will be better off watching all those Muslims involved in suicide bombings.

peace.,

He is an Indian patriot, no different from any other Indian patriots on this forum like myself. I know it must be a hard concept for you guys, because I highly doubt any non-Muslim Pakistani is patriotic of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, but it happens in India. There are close to 300 million non-Hindus in this country which includes me, and most of us are very patriotic to India and would give our lives to protect India from external enemies like yourself. So I suggest you leave the personal attacks out of discussions.

The hell you on about?

Sohna Pakistan - Jassi Lailpuria - YouTube

nope jani he never come bhawalpur his khalsa army destroy multan and killed nawab muzafer along with sons also looted and raped city but that time maharaja was in lahore .

our nawab pay him some gold let him stay there sikhs never come bhawalpur :P and then letter nawab of BHW contact english and bring them with agreement in BHW .:P

On Topic :-
Thanks to Pakistan Government for letting Our 350 Sikh brothers visiting the religious places on their Soil.

Off Topic:-
Thanks to Imran Khan Bhai & Windjammer for providing Pics, its really beautiful place. I know its hard times to imagine so but I wish that such Religious/Historical pilgrims should flourish between our both nations.

& this rests the trolling and myth about Pakistan not being caring & not allowing minorities to come & worship!

and as you can see Rangers are there for protection as well.

and i am sure most sikhs return to india happy & satisfied after meeting Pakistani sikhs & doing their rituals!

More trouble for balouchistan-
This should stop-

nope jani he never come bhawalpur his khalsa army destroy multan and killed nawab muzafer along with sons also looted and raped city but that time maharaja was in lahore .

our nawab pay him some gold let him stay there sikhs never come bhawalpur :P and then letter nawab of BHW contact english and bring them with agreement in BHW .:P

oh Imran what is wrong with you there was a time when your posts were full of harmony and truth and now you have degraded your self to such level you have disappointed me my brother.

The conquest of multan is a very inspirational story for it was there that the punjabi army of the Lahore Durbar gave the final farewell to the afghan infiltrators.
The Lahore Durbar was approached by the local Punjabi hindus and muslims for help to which it responded and an army was sent Nihangs(sikh warriors) were led by Akali Sadhu singh and the arty was led by the most trusted Muslim General of Sher-e-punjab, General Elahi baksh( Punjabi Muslim)
The battle lasted long the self proclaimed Ghazi's fled the battle field and took cover of the the wall's of the fort the Punjabi general Elahi Baksh used 80 pounder to destroy the wall's but one of its wheel broke but in an act of bravery the sikh soldiers lined up each time the Cannon would fire four of them would support it with their shoulders the recoil was so heavy that they were thrown back, their place's were then taken by the next four, many died doing that, believe me brother only a courageous person can dare to stand near a firing cannon to support it with shoulders is far more daring thing.
When the wall was breached Nihang's led by Akali Sadhu Singh entered the fort, the nawab chose to die fighting and so did his son's they were brave men after all not like your nawab whose fort was seized and he submitted.

now answer one simple question can a Punjabi army loot its own people it makes no sense at all.
before putting such serious allegation get complete knowledge of the subject.

Some Pakistanis mistakenly confuse Maharajah Ranjeet with the period of Sikh warlodism and blame him for every wrong that was done by the Sikh war lords.

This is very notion is totally untrue.

Maharajah put an end to the Sikh war lords and brought much needed peace to the region.

Lahore fort's gate was opened when Maharaja approached the city. He didn't have to fight his way in.

The reason is that he had already proven to be a wise and just ruler and general and Muslim leaders of Lahore knew about his efforts towards bringing peace and harmony in Gujranwala and surrounding areas.

Once Maharaja took control of the Punjab, he didn't go around killing Muslims nawabs and subedars. He just co-opted them in the government.

This is why it is important for Pakistanis to understand their history without attaching false emotions related to religion and other mumbo jumbo.

peace.

We need more historians like you my brother.:cheers:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom