What's new

$30bn deal: US to sell F-15s to Saudi Arabia

Which is why Pakistan no longer depends on the US for most of our major weapon systems. The BLK 52's along with the targeting pods we received are definitely bugged, which is why Pakistan with the cooperation of China is producing the JF-17 BLK1 and later on BLK 2 and 3, we will also be receiving the FC-20's. Also, most of our new artillery units are Chinese, as well as TOT for the A-100 MLRS system, and with the research going on with 155mm gun barrels we will be producing our own self propelled howitzers. We produce our own tanks, our own standoff weapons for Jet fighters, our own missiles, our own drones, and InshaAllah we will achieve more success in this field along with other fields.

I admire China, Iran, and Pakistan for building their own defense industries, sadly Egypt Pro USA General want to stick with the USA :cry:

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Which is why Pakistan no longer depends on the US for most of our major weapon systems. The BLK 52's along with the targeting pods we received are definitely bugged, which is why Pakistan with the cooperation of China is producing the JF-17 BLK1 and later on BLK 2 and 3, we will also be receiving the FC-20's. Also, most of our new artillery units are Chinese, as well as TOT for the A-100 MLRS system, and with the research going on with 155mm gun barrels we will be producing our own self propelled howitzers. We produce our own tanks, our own standoff weapons for Jet fighters, our own missiles, our own drones, and InshaAllah we will achieve more success in this field along with other fields.

It might not be much as compared to what the USA is making, but at least we won't have to worry about some guy switching our weapons off, and neither do we have to worry about the lack of spare parts.

Will China give you the J-20 ?

Cooperation is a better term then reliance, I admire how fast China managed to build up it's defense industry.

I wouldn't really term it fast, the thing is that the Chinese received assistance from Soviet Union as soon as the inception of the PRC. Since then the Chinese have continuously developed and advanced in their defense research and development, but i do have to give Chinese engineers credit because there were times when the Soviets would only give them downgraded versions or even dysfunctional equipment with missing parts yet the Chinese were able to figure it out on their own and develop the missing parts, from there they built upon the technology.:china::china:

I admire China, Iran, and Pakistan for building their own defense industries, sadly Egypt Pro USA General want to stick with the USA :cry:

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

We wish we could. But as far as one can see, there is only one prototype under trial flight.

BTW 62 trial flights within a year. That's a pretty good record right?

I honestly think the price tag of $30Bn for this deal is a rip-off someone said Locheed Martin has to invest 50% of the money in domestic KSA industries or factories, don't know about that. If true that still doesn't resolve the issue the price is too high. If US sells 70 F-15s to Israel be certain Israel won't be paying $30bn.

This reminds me how the US ripped off Iraq with the sale of F-16s.

No, i doubt they would give anyone their best, and neither can Pakistan easily master the technology of an aircraft like J-20 within a short span of time. However the Chinese are developing a single engine 5th generation fighter aircraft, and unofficial sources claim that this might be the future PAF 5th generation aircraft of choice. But only time will tell.

^PAF's fifth generation has to be fully stealth, anything else is unacceptable.

Now let's not discuss PAF here let's stick to Royal Saudi AF.

I honestly think the price tag of $30Bn for this deal is a rip-off someone said Locheed Martin has to invest 50% of the money in domestic KSA industries or factories, don't know about that. If true that still doesn't resolve the issue the price is too high. If US sells 70 F-15s to Israel be certain Israel won't be paying $30bn.

This reminds me how the US ripped off Iraq with the sale of F-16s.

Wiki lists the F-15 SE cost at around $100 Million (2009).

Then you have to start adding in training costs, associated weapons systems costs, whether the final price tag includes setting up related infrastructure in SA, maintenance costs etc.

You are looking at around $10 billion for the 84 jets alone ...

Well compared to India spending $20billion on MMRCA, this looks like a bargain, SA is not only getting 70 F-15, but also other stuff too.

@Mosamania

I remember you mentioned something about a separate air wing in the Saudi Armed forces which was to be armed with SU-35's, is there still consideration for SU-35's or similar non-western aircraft?

@Mosamania

I remember you mentioned something about a separate air wing in the Saudi Armed forces which was to be armed with SU-35's, is there still consideration for SU-35's or similar non-western aircraft?

The SANG is getting am Air Arm. We will have to see what those aircrafts will be.

Congrats Saudi Arabia! Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle - awesome plane. :)

Bl[i]tZ;2441300 said:
Congrats Saudi Arabia! Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle - awesome plane. :)

Thanks I am more excited about the tech we will get out of this rather than then the plane itself. Mandatory offset reinvesting will breath good life for our companies R&D coupled with helluva tech.

Back
Top Bottom