What's new

30% Chinese can't speak Mandarin

OMG @INDIC bring us happiness again.i hope more indians share their happiness with us

Last edited by a moderator:
In Macau SAR China's National language Mandarin is not allowed for official purpose, they only allow Cantonese or Portuguese.

What if I tell you Cantonese and Mandarin share the same writing system, also I have never heard that Macau governors are not allowed to speak Mandarin in public.

The Chinese language as a written language is common among all, but the oral accent could varies vastly from region to region. Some Chinese is unable to speak mandarin well, the biggest group is probably the Cantonese speaking people in HK and Guang dong.

There is a general consensus among the population that as Chinese is getting more affluent, there is a tendency of becoming overly capitalistic/materialistic and neglect their moral and ethical duty to act in a responsible manner.

The Chinese central government is promoting the Chinese language among other things(like thrifty in government expenses, push in anti-corruption and bribery, ethical conduct) in the hope of helping in stemming that tide because language is the ultimate conveyer of Chinese cultural and traditional value.

LOL at Chinese they don't know their language and they speak about IQ :lol:

The stats originating from China are complete fake and their achievements ate made through torture of kids just like they do in olympics.

I wonder how many Indian know their official language English.

Mandarin is national language of China and medium of instruction in school, with 93% literacy rate only 70% educated Chinese can speak Mandarin.

Not every schools in China teach in Mandarin, many of them teach their students in their own dialects.

Why telling me? :cheesy: Many Chinese claim Hans speak only one language. :woot:

Dimwitted indian does not know what is a language and regional dialects. :omghaha:

Dumb troll doesn't work in Chinese section. Don't be sore that Sanskrit is dropped and now you speak a persian influenced language. :coffee:

It is all out in the open and Chinese posters are the most illogic ones here compared to any other nationalities.

What is real illogical here are those comments like "they don't know their language" "this fake that fake blah blah",

I wonder how many Indian know their official language English.

India has 22 official languages and English has no official status.

Dimwitted indian does not know what is a language and regional dialects.

Dumb troll doesn't work in Chinese section. Don't be sore that Sanskrit is dropped and now you speak a persian influenced language. :omghaha:

I thought you will give a logical answers.

Not every schools in China teach in Mandarin, many of them teach their students in their own dialects.

Are you saying Mandarin as a dialect was never popularized strictly as spoken language. What about radio, TV and film industry.

India has 22 official languages and English has no official status.

Are you saying Mandarin as a dialect was never popularized strictly as spoken language. What about radio, TV and film industry.

But I thought English is the second official language in India.
By the way, Mandarin is not the "official language". There is no official language in China (it isn't called in that way).

Many minorities such as Tibetan have their own media (rather than watching CCTV) and there are expectation such as in Guangdong which has their own Cantonese media, TV and so on. Not to mention that we Macau and Hong Kong citizens love Cantonese more than Mandarin.

But I thought English is the second official language in India.
By the way, Mandarin is not the "official language". There is no official language in China (it isn't called in that way).

Many minorities such as Tibetan have their own media (rather than watching CCTV) and there are expectation such as in Guangdong which has their own Cantonese media, TV and so on. Not to mention that we Macau and Hong Kong citizens love Cantonese more than Mandarin.

English is a working language but has no official status. Only these Indian Languages have official status in the constitution. 1.Assamese, 2.Bengali, 3.Bodo, 4.Dogri, 5.Gujarati, 6.Hindi, 7.Kannada, 8.Kashmiri, 9.Konkani, 10.Maithili, 11.Malayalam, 12.Manipuri, 13.Marathi, 14.Nepali, 15.Oriya, 16.Punjabi, 17.Sanskrit, 18.Santhali, 19.Sindhi, 20.Tamil, 21.Telugu and 22. Urdu.

Back
Top Bottom