What's new

3 Million Pakistani Kids to Get Free Education.

No doubt education is basic human right but no one has told Taliban this simple truth. Number of schools that Taliban have destroyed runs into thousand. Despite this I have heard Munawwar Hassan & Fareed Paracha openly declaring their admiration of school destroying Taliban. Even though he did admirable work establishing Namal College in Mianwali; Taliban Khan thinks that continued US drones attacks are justifiable excuse for Taliban to carry on revenge attacks on Pakistani public no matter if it results in destroying girls’ schools.

This may well be an election gimmic, but even if one thousand additional children get free education at whatever level, it better than nothing.

dont you think its wrong to call names to a guy like Imran who built Namal college, and lie about him by saying that he "justify" taliban attacks?
and do you really think the urban class would support such a guy who you say justify taliban attacks?

the fact is no where you can show me he has justified the attacks, infact he condemns and the only one who has a "right to condemn" since he is not involved in any crimes like other parties.

All that he do is put things into perspective and give a solution..

by the way it was this very army with this very chief that first bowed before the taliban and gave SWAT to Taliban rule, talk of writ of the state from these military duffers and their apologists?

whereas he proposes to disarm them,but yet you call him names?

Good initiative, but the real result will come in 4 years.

Let's hope that this project is continued by the next government and 3m children are indeed enrolled.

dont you think its wrong to call names to a guy like Imran who built Namal college, and lie about him by saying that he "justify" taliban attacks?
and do you really think the urban class would support such a guy who you say justify taliban attacks?

the fact is no where you can show me he has justified the attacks, infact he condemns and the only one who has a "right to condemn" since he is not involved in any crimes like other parties.

All that he do is put things into perspective and give a solution..

by the way it was this very army with this very chief that first bowed before the taliban and gave SWAT to Taliban rule, talk of writ of the state from these military duffers and their apologists?

whereas he proposes to disarm them,but yet you call him names?

I admit that Imran Khan has done some very good social work. I admitted it as such in my post. However I have heard him myself indirectly supporting Taliban by refusing to condemn Taliban outright. Even in the press conference after visiting Malala, Imran condemned the deed but not the perpetrators.

Whenever an influential voice qualifies condemnation with an ‘IF’ or ‘BUT’ it creates confusion in the mind of the people. He keeps on harping upon root cause being drone attacks. Put a hand on your heart and tell me how in retaliation of the drone attacks you can justify blowing up of a girls school?

Imran Khan has some very good qualities and has a reputation of being honest, but somehow he carries a soft spot for Taliban in his heart. I may be wrong but I find this contradiction in his beliefs quite baffling. He was nicknamed Taliban Khan by the media not by me. You are however welcome to adore him to bits, an honest Taliban Khan may turn out to better than the current lot of thieves, but he won’t get my vote.

This news cutting is so small and it's hard to read the whole story.. But from the Picture I figure out...

"Gorra is giving Money for 3 Million Kids Education, and PPP is doing advertisement for themselves. on that"

I admit that Imran Khan has done some very good social work. I admitted it as such in my post. However I have heard him myself indirectly supporting Taliban by refusing to condemn Taliban outright. Even in the press conference after visiting Malala, Imran condemned the deed but not the perpetrators.

Whenever an influential voice qualifies condemnation with an ‘IF’ or ‘BUT’ it creates confusion in the mind of the people. He keeps on harping upon root cause being drone attacks. Put a hand on your heart and tell me how in retaliation of the drone attacks you can justify blowing up of a girls school?

Imran Khan has some very good qualities and has a reputation of being honest, but somehow he carries a soft spot for Taliban in his heart. I may be wrong but I find this contradiction in his beliefs quite baffling. He was nicknamed Taliban Khan by the media not by me. You are however welcome to adore him to bits, an honest Taliban Khan may turn out to better than the current lot of thieves, but he won’t get my vote.

the only leader who condemned TTP by name in Malala incident and the only leader who called for action against LeJ.

still.....

Do you think with this war, extremism has grown or not, violence increased or decreased, on american money musharraf went to war with the tribes in 2004, TTP got formed in 2006 or was it 1990?

you call it IF & BUT which I told you that he put things into perspective, but does that give anyone the right to call him names?

put your hand on your heart and tell me when exactly did blowing up schools was ever justified? the problem with is that you want him to agree with military action, which any civilian or peace loving, and humane leader wouldn't.

and to be honest, you have no choice, you would be a dishonest man if you vote pmln,mqm,ppp,anp or any religious group... and you know exactly why, if you are one of those who think like "batman" of pdf, I am sorry to say there is nothing left to talk about here.

Personally I think that all Hard science in schools should be taught in English and all Humanities should be taught in Urdu. On top of this kids should be taught their local language (ie pushto, punjabi, etc) in their local areas, and option of Arabic should be available.
We cannot ignore English or Urdu, every student in Pakistan should be fluent in both. This is vital for the country to prosper.

Dont you have a compulsory 3 language system? We have that in India to solve the language problem.
All schools have to mandatorily teach these 2 languages:
1. English
2. Local Langage of the Area - Hindi/Bengali/Malyali/Kannad/etc

This makes them fluent in atleast 2 languages and so people from different States can communicate with each other if Hindi is not common.

Option for learning a third language - Hindi

Dont you have a compulsory 3 language system? We have that in India to solve the language problem.
All schools have to mandatorily teach these 2 languages:
1. English
2. Local Langage of the Area - Hindi/Bengali/Malyali/Kannad/etc

This makes them fluent in atleast 2 languages and so people from different States can communicate with each other if Hindi is not common.

Option for learning a third language - Hindi

Pakistan school system is a mess. I don't funny understand it as I have never been , but basically rich people go to English medium and poor go to Urdu medium. What this does it divide society into two classes where English medium kids get good jobs while Urdu medium kids can't find anything.

Pakistan school system is a mess. I don't funny understand it as I have never been , but basically rich people go to English medium and poor go to Urdu medium. What this does it divide society into two classes where English medium kids get good jobs while Urdu medium kids can't find anything.

I can understand this, there are schools in India that are Hindi Medium and English Medium. However, they both have to teach both English and Hindi (or atleast English). After Hindi and English the kids need to have atleast two to three years or local language which depends on the state or the region. For me it was either Marathi or Sanskrit. But since it is a third language no one gives much attention to it case and point me barely passing in sanskrit. The education system should not be biased where rich get the better schooling and the poor get the low end of the deal. If the education is free then kids should have the ability to decide which school they prefer to attend regardless if it is Urdu or English Medium.

Plus personally I would say that they should make both Urdu and English compulsory in all schools.

But your govn can introduce English medium in public school or govn school.... Our Ap state introduced it... there plenty choices for poor and brilliant students.... recently Model schools are introduced... and of course we have fee reimbursement from schooling to PG,Engineering, Medicine etc.... Pakistan should introduce some programs like that.

Do you think with this war, extremism has grown or not, violence increased or decreased, on american money musharraf went to war with the tribes in 2004, TTP got formed in 2006 or was it 1990?

you call it IF & BUT which I told you that he put things into perspective, but does that give anyone the right to call him names?

put your hand on your heart and tell me when exactly did blowing up schools was ever justified? the problem with is that you want him to agree with military action, which any civilian or peace loving, and humane leader wouldn't.

and to be honest, you have no choice, you would be a dishonest man if you vote pmln,mqm,ppp,anp or any religious group... and you know exactly why, if you are one of those who think like "batman" of pdf, I am sorry to say there is nothing left to talk about here.

Having seen gradual decline of Pakistan from a very nice and comfortable place to live; this was true until 1965; to the hell hole it is today where in Karachi alone more than 1800 people have lost their lives in target killing in 10 months of this year. You can say that I have experienced it all. There are of course many reasons, but IMO religious extremism and sectarianism is the major cause. This existed much before the start of drone attacks which started in 2004.

Laskhar Jhangvi/SSP has been target killing Shia notable & Doctors including Iranian diplomats and air force cadets in Pakistan from the early 1990’s, long before 9/11. Shaukat Mirza, MD of PSO and a personal friend was target killed by these criminals in 2001. I can neither forget nor forgive those responsible for taking the life of a very able Pakistani executive for no reason except out and out bigotry. It is also an established fact that Lashkar Jhangvi and most Sunni sectarian parties are now part of TTP. Imran Khan along with other Taliban lovers such as Munawwar Hassan has never openly condemned Taliban or TTP by name.

If he thinks that he will be able to disarm TTP and TTP will do so; Imran Khan is living in cuckoo land. Slaeem Saafi, a Pashtun journalist who has informal links to TTP leadership, has stated that TTP agenda is to establish a Wahhabi Sunni theocratic state in Pakistan. Therefore claiming that once US withdraws everything will be hanky dory is based upon erroneous assumptions.

My family has been Muslim League supporters for the last 100 years but in today’s environment I feel ANP & MQM appear to be lesser of the evils among the Pakistani political parties.

PTI is infinitely better than having TTP or JIU or Hafiz Saeed coming to power. Therefore if your conscience does not bother you about Imran Khan having a soft corner for the Taliban killers, you are welcome to support him. But until the time Imran Khan starts condemning TTP without reservations, he won’t get my support.

for this year 3 mill
and then allah hafiz

for this year 3 mill
and then allah hafiz

Back
Top Bottom