What's new

3 grooms who contracted second marriage without permission end up in prison

That’s totally against Islam’s ruling and sunnah
If you know anything about the history of Islamic fiqh. You will find out that their is a precedent for this. Any Islamic right that is abused can be altered, or even temporarily stoped. I've seen time and time again men abusing this haq and having wives in different cities, or countries without telling their first wife. And I've seen time and time again men being unequal in their distribution of wealth towards their wives. So this law is justified as it protects the woman from this injustice.

If the first wife has a problem then she should get a divorce, not throw the husband in Jail, but our logic, 2nd marriage is cruel and leads you to jail but having extramarital relation with other women whilst married is fine.

This is similar to moving the marriage age to 16 or 18 years, because if a girl has turned in to a woman she is allowed to get married, but the law we are creating favours extramarital relations but making marriage look like evil.

Force marriages should be banned and life sentences should be given to those who do it.
He broke the law. Therefore he went to jail

My father signed a special clause in his marriage contract where it had stated that he forgoes his right to marry any other woman as long as he is married to my mother. I assumed it was on all Pakistani marriage contracts.
Unless marriage contract specified terms for second marriage the state cannot do anything to prevent, interfere or intervene. This can be termed as state oppression and has nothing to do with Islam.

And divorce. Men will start keeping side chics , just like the west. Or simply divorce and move on to second wife.
Hahaha you obviously didn't read the article. They were already keeping side chics. If you get married in secret without your family knowing, that woman becomes your side chick because you're keeping her away from your friends and family.

Obviously thats opression and against Islam .... Husbands should have taken first wives into the confidence ... For possible win-win solution :D
I agree. They should tell their first wife that they intend to get married to another woman, with pure intentions, if she's not okay with it, then the man has every right to grant her a divorce, but the man is not within Islamic law to get married in secret.

The men will be released in a few months. They will never forget the humiliation. Definitely, first wives and their stupid advisers will try to negotiate to settle a deal, which could have been done before sending the husband to jail. But the husbands will definitely divorce the first wives, or ask a hefty dowry from them. Even after getting the dowry (if the matter is settle on it somehow), they will treat treat the first wives as shit, until the wives fully realize their mistakes and get khula.

Then these wives will curse the law of second marriage when they will not get married again till death because unmarried men will not go for divorced women, and married men will not be getting permission from their first wives. On top of that, people will try to find out why their first husbands contracted a second marriage.

not within Islamic law
Pakistani Islamic law

Hahaha you obviously didn't read the article. They were already keeping side chics. If you get married in secret without your family knowing, that woman becomes your side chick because you're keeping her away from your friends and family.
Married means wife, side chic means unmarried relationship.

The men will be released in a few months. They will never forget the humiliation. Definitely, first wives and their stupid advisers will try to negotiate to settle a deal, which could have been done before sending the husband to jail. But the husbands will definitely divorce the first wives, or ask a hefty dowry from them. Even after getting the dowry (if the matter is settle on it somehow), they will treat treat the first wives as shit, until the wives fully realize their mistakes and get khula.

Then these wives will curse the law of second marriage when they will not get married again till death because unmarried men will not go for divorced women, and married men will not be getting permission from their first wives. On top of that, people will try to find out why their first husbands contracted a second marriage.

Pakistani Islamic law
If the man does demand more dowry, the wife can take his *** to court again because taking dowry from the woman is Haram. Then he'll be doubly humiliated [emoji23][emoji23]

If he divorces her, without giving proper compensation, she can take him to court again under the justification of that he's only divorcing her because she used the law to send him to jail and he'll be made to settle with her for a hefty financial price.

If you know anything about the history of Islamic fiqh. You will find out that their is a precedent for this. Any Islamic right that is abused can be altered, or even temporarily stoped. I've seen time and time again men abusing this haq and having wives in different cities, or countries without telling their first wife. And I've seen time and time again men being unequal in their distribution of wealth towards their wives. So this law is justified as it protects the woman from this injustice.
Thanks for the reply
Brother, ALLAH says in Sura Al-Nissa that man may marry to One, Two, Three and Four women.
Now if you feel the women’s right as wife is being compromised then we need to introduce more law that protects wife’s social well being
First of all this law contradicts the basic ruling that’s why it’s not exercised in Arab countries, because even ALLAH, PROPHETS and the Sahaba didn’t give this right to women and we think we Pakistani Muslim can protect women better after 1441 years ?
Wen a wife will sue her husband and he goes to jail for two years what do u think after getting released from jail will that husband keep the first wife? he will immediately divorce the first one?
Who will take care of wife and children for their livelihood during the jail period? So in fact this will fire back
Arab and other Muslims from other countries wen they listen about permission from first wife they laugh at Pakistan because this ruling is applied no where in the other countries?
We can not change or alter any Islamic law based on region. Ijtehad is done for over all Muslims not for a particular country.
Normally the state listen and put her weight more to the women than the man in family cases, wen first one keep fighting and insulting the husband for little little things then the husband will go for second that’s one of many reasons man go for second marriage despite knowing consequences

In my opinion this law should be revoked

Last edited:
To our ruling class:
keep saying 'yes sir to whatever is coming from your masters (west), still your masters will never be satisfied with your performance and keep demanding more --- You will end in your graves but the demands won't stop.

It is totally unislamic.
Following the traditions of other religions.
Why are we making the nikkah so difficult and illegal relations easier.
I am totally against this.

If the man does demand more dowry, the wife can take his *** to court again because taking dowry from the woman is Haram. Then he'll be doubly humiliated [emoji23][emoji23]

If he divorces her, without giving proper compensation, she can take him to court again under the justification of that he's only divorcing her because she used the law to send him to jail and he'll be made to settle with her for a hefty financial price.
Do you live in Pakistan?

Not currently no. But I've studied Islamic Fiqh, specifically hanafi, Maliki and Shafi and what I had stated is backed up by the rulings of Ulema of those 3 fiqhs, that's the proper Islamic way of dealing with it. I guess you though I was talking about Western civil law, nope those legal procedures come from Islamic law if anyone here who pretends to be a Aalim ever studied Islamic Fiqh, then they would know that. But of course in Pakistan we don't actually follow proper Islamic Fiqh, because we prefer the Victorian era common law that is still being practiced In our country. But then cry when we can't marry another woman without fulfilling all the legal requirements Islam asks of us, that's when we become "Muslim"
Do you live in Pakistan?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom