What's new

3 grooms who contracted second marriage without permission end up in prison

Islam in Pakistan is not same as rest of the world.
In Pakistan Islam is limited to parades, flags, turbans, beard, blasphemy activism and tons of books invented by men, depicted as replacement of Quran.
You said it! Pakistani's have created their own warped version of Islam, where the words of men are given more importance than the word of Allah. Surah Nisa deals with the Allah's ruling on practising polygamy and the conditions laid down for polygamy explicitly rest on the sole condition of being able to serve justice to the first wife. If she is unhappy then you have no grounds for anymore marriages, but leave it to these self-seeking alims/mullahs who unwisely believe that its permissible to have four wives.

You said it! Pakistani's have created their own warped version of Islam, where the words of men are given more importance than the word of Allah. Surah Nisa deals with the Allah's ruling on practising polygamy and the conditions laid down for polygamy explicitly rest on the sole condition of being able to serve justice to the first wife. If she is unhappy then you have no grounds for anymore marriages, but leave it to these self-seeking alims/mullahs who unwisely believe that its permissible to have four wives.

Sir g, can you please explain in detail and share some verses from Surah Nisa so people like me can understand and comprehend what you're claiming.

The law was always there since 60s, it is just that this law is now being strictly implemented, so good job by the judiciary. I remember we were even taught about this law of getting a lawful written permission from the first wife before a second marriage in our Pakistan Studies book I believe in high school or college, I think the topic which described this law was called "Pakistan kay Aaili Qawaneen".

Last edited:
Sir g, can you please explain in detail and share some verses from Surah Nisa so people like me can understand and comprehend what you're claiming.
As you asked politely, I'll serve you the reference( the verse and its explanation), but please don't expect of me to engage in a debate with you over this, as is usually the case on this forum. You are free to believe whatever you like and I am not someone who likes to convince people on religious affairs.

Surah 4 An-Nisa, Ayat 3-3
وَاِنۡ خِفۡتُمۡ اَلَّا تُقۡسِطُوۡا فِى الۡيَتٰمٰى فَانْكِحُوۡا مَا طَابَ لَـكُمۡ مِّنَ النِّسَآءِ مَثۡنٰى وَثُلٰثَ وَرُبٰعَ ۚ فَاِنۡ خِفۡتُمۡ اَلَّا تَعۡدِلُوۡا فَوَاحِدَةً اَوۡ مَا مَلَـكَتۡ اَيۡمَانُكُمۡ ؕ ذٰ لِكَ اَدۡنٰٓى اَلَّا تَعُوۡلُوۡا ؕ‏ ﴿4:3﴾

(4:3) If you fear that you might not treat the orphans justly, then marry the women that seem good to you: two, or three, or four. If you fear that you will not be able to treat them justly, then marry (only) one*, or marry from among those whom your right hands possess. This will make it more likely that you will avoid injustice.

*This verse stipulates that marrying more wives than one is permissible on the condition that one treats his wives equitably. A person who avails himself of this permission granted by God to have a plurality of wives, and disregards the condition laid down by God to treat them equitably has not acted in good faith with God. In case there are complaints from wives that they are not being treated equitably, the Islamic state has the right to intervene and redress such grievances.
http://islamicstudies.info/reference.php?sura=4&verse=3

Obviously thats opression and against Islam .... Husbands should have taken first wives into the confidence ... For possible win-win solution :D

oo man ,poor grooms. they have all rights ...

Unhappy was used to describe she doesn't feel being done justice to.
Of course, if he is not happy, she is not happy and vice versa. Happiness is subjective and their is no requirement or gauge to measure happiness. Verse is addressing men whether he thinks, he can take care of both fairly and then putting him responsible for his decision. No where does it say, state, mulla or anyone else has to gauge the happiness of first wife. If husband is good enough to be in marriage for first wife than he is good enough for second.

It’s like saying, God said, human are prone to sin and I cannot do justice while performing Hajj, namaz or fasting therefore I won’t do it at all.

How is marriage in Islam a punishable offence?

If Pakistan is a Muslim country, it should make laws around to facilitate marriages not stop them. Stopping nikah is like opening path to adultery.

Back
Top Bottom