What's new

3 G In Pakistan

Its a good thing but most of the people who have phones that are 3G compatible are already 4G compatible too. As 3G is an older technology, the new devices are backward compatible.

I dont know the technicalities or may be government wants to make money out of selling another licence for 4G but going 4G would have been better for consumers.

Why restrict license to the highest bidder, let everyone introduce the new tech on payment of a specified fee, government gets more revenue (all carriers would be compelled to introduce the new tech because of high competition), more people get access to new tech and better service, a bigger spur to economy vs granting license to only one or a few In fact government should make it mandatory for all companies to introduce new tech to improve service quality and at the same time generating more economic activity the idiot planners are still living in stone age of "exercising restrictive Control" instead of encouraging and forcing companies to invest and improve services

Pakistan-3G.jpg

Pakistan Launches 3G On Telenor

The Pakistani government seeks to give the nation's economy a boost, so it has awarded 3G licenses to some mobile carriers

After last week’s report that Pakistan would be handing out 3G licenses, it looks like those licenses are already being used, at least by Telenor. We’ve viewed a number of tweets from users in Pakistan who say they are testing 3G service.

Pakistani officials said last week that they would award 3G licenses to both national and international mobile carriers. They also said it would be done transparently, although it seems as if Telenor users were quite surprised when they saw that they suddenly had 3G Internet service on their mobile phones.

Which carriers bid for 3G in Pakistan
There has been no official announcement yet about which carriers have won the 3G license or even which carriers were taking part in the “transparent” bidding process. Last week officials said they were hoping that international bidders would take part in the process.

However, with no official announcement about who the bidders were or what the process was like, it is certainly a surprise that Telenor suddenly has 3G on its network, particularly since executives from Mobilink and Vimpelcom were part of the delegation from the telecom industry which met with government officials.

3G 4G both will be launched, control your ovaries madam

Its not easy madam to deploy 3G and 4G both. First mobile operators need to upgrade their infrastructure for 3G then they can go for 4G. Pakistan still not got 3G license. Its just trial. BD got 3G 3 years back. State owned 'Teletalk' first launched it. Other operators were given permission to import 3G and 4G equipments and install everything way before getting the license. They were 100% ready before getting license.

Now we have 3G, 4G, WiMax, ADSL, EVDO everything. :yahoo:

Congratulations for getting 3G.Better late than never.

Its not easy madam to deploy 3G and 4G both. First mobile operators need to upgrade their infrastructure for 3G then they can go for 4G. Pakistan still not got 3G license. Its just trial. BD got 3G 3 years back. State owned 'Teletalk' first launched it. Other operators were given permission to import 3G and 4G equipments and install everything way before getting the license. They were 100% ready before getting license.

Now we have 3G, 4G, WiMax, ADSL, EVDO everything. :yahoo:
Both 3G and 4G will go on auction at the end of April here, congrats to BD.

Its not easy madam to deploy 3G and 4G both. First mobile operators need to upgrade their infrastructure for 3G then they can go for 4G.

WRONG!! Total BS!! 4G is backward compatible, meaning it can offer 3g as well!!

Even if a meteor falls, 3g is coming. 4g blocks also being sold so 2 of the 4 companies will also provide 4g service. ETA on 4g is not available. 3g is already happening in select towers to check data.

Any estimation of the data cost ?

Any estimation of the data cost ?

Depends on what they end up paying, package costs arnt finalized. But I use mobilink and pay 500 bucks for their unlimited 2g, people tell me it will increase to 800rs for 3g. I see heavy abuse and that price is too good to be true. So will have to wait till the auction is over.

Depends on what they end up paying, package costs arnt finalized. But I use mobilink and pay 500 bucks for their unlimited 2g, people tell me it will increase to 800rs for 3g. I see heavy abuse and that price is too good to be true. So will have to wait till the auction is over.

Its the competition that will most likely determine the future prices , mate , the more the merrier . The rates are much higher on my Warid SIM . I do not believe it , the 3G has never been that cheap even in the West .

Its the competition that will most likely determine the future prices , mate , the more the merrier . The rates are much higher on my Warid SIM . I do not believe it , the 3G has never been that cheap even in the West .

Can not compare west with here. Our country area is the size of texas with the close enough population density. Pakistan only has 8-15 major cities. My phone bill comes around $10 to $12 a month with decent business usage and unlimited 2g. You can also check our call rates and compare them to other countries.

great at last...
pakistan have a 3G network.....
I am really happy for my pakistani janta......:D:D

aur ye 4G kab aa raha hai.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom