What's new

3 Bangladeshis infected with coronavirus: IEDCR, Two are returnees from Italy

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
04:11 PM, March 08, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 04:21 PM, March 08, 2020
3 Bangladeshis infected with coronavirus: IEDCR

Two are returnees from Italy

This illustration shows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). This virus was identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China. Photo: AP

coronavirus_2_2.jpg

This illustration shows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). This virus was identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China. Photo: AP

Star Online Report

Three Bangladeshis including two members of a family who returned from Italy have been infected with coronavirus (COVID-19), Institute of Epidemiology, Diseases Control and Research (IEDCR) confirmed today.

The three have been admitted to Kurmitola General Hospital, an IEDCR spokesperson said.

Doctors have said they are in stable condition at the moment.

More to follow...

https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...irus-patients-hospitalised-bangladesh-1878022

Brother mine,

I am rather worried...to understate my feelings about this!

South Asian Gov are not only incompetent but outright liars when it comes to taking PublicCare matters...all brovados and zero action.

Total apathy pervails... my concern is fundamental nodes not just individual cases... the thing is mutating and is airborne too..

GCC with high concentration of SouthAsians is one of the node I have been worrying about...with zero ill will towards them.

Case in point: Iran... we got returnees...and there is smugglers doing to n fro every single day... I don't blane the poor Paks but the border management...

All I can do is pray!

Mangus
About 60% of newly emerged & re-emerging pathogens share a common origin: animals. When we cut down the forests where they live, they roost in our backyards & farms instead.

ERTrDIeWAAUOC1A.jpg

ESiYOhHXQAAjUSJ.jpg

ESQ6lDZWAAISRXy.jpg

ESiK4KBXkAAy2CP.jpg

At least BD has detected the first cases and it looks like they are screening all people that are coming in from affected countries like Italy.

One massive advantage that BD has is that the weather this time of year is pretty warm all over the country and so any out break is likely to be minor as the virus does not thrive in warm conditions. Right now in Dhaka the temperatures are fluctuating between a low of 20C and a high of 30C.

Looks like BD climate will save it.:enjoy:

@RescueRanger

At least BD has detected the first cases and it looks like they are screening all people that are coming in from affected countries like Italy.

One massive advantage that BD has is that the weather this time of year is pretty warm all over the country and so any out break is likely to be minor as the virus does not thrive in warm conditions. Right now in Dhaka the temperatures are fluctuating between a low of 20C and a high of 30C.

Looks like BD climate will save it.:enjoy:

@RescueRanger

Yet to see how weather will impact transmission.

https://www.keckmedicine.org/coronavirus/

Yet to see how weather will impact transmission.

https://www.keckmedicine.org/coronavirus/

I think it is safe to say that it will follow flu and cold. Other experts say categorically it will become far less of a threat in warm weather.

It is very similar to these illnesses in how it spreads as they rely on people keeping windows closed during cold weather and so allowing the germs to stay within a closed environment and infect others.

Just the act of opening windows which will be normal this time of year in BD will disperse the germs outside where they will quickly die outside a human host and so become far less of a threat.

Last edited:
I think it is safe to say that it will follow flu and cold. Other experts say categorically it will become far less of a threat in warm weather.

It is very similar to these illnesses in how it spreads as they rely on people keeping windows closed during warm weather and so allowing the germs to stay within a closed environment and infect others.

Just the act of opening windows which will be normal this time of year in BD will disperse the germs outside where they will quickly die outside a human host and so become far less of a threat.

04:11 PM, March 08, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 04:21 PM, March 08, 2020
3 Bangladeshis infected with coronavirus: IEDCR

Two are returnees from Italy

coronavirus_2_2.jpg

Star Online Report

Three Bangladeshis including two members of a family who returned from Italy have been infected with coronavirus (COVID-19), Institute of Epidemiology, Diseases Control and Research (IEDCR) confirmed today.

The three have been admitted to Kurmitola General Hospital, an IEDCR spokesperson said.

Doctors have said they are in stable condition at the moment.

More to follow...

https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...irus-patients-hospitalised-bangladesh-1878022
Seems like Italy is spreading more Corona than China.

Pretty stupid to bring infected people back into the country this is how Kuwait got fucked

Here is image when India gifted bengladesh coronavirus.

View attachment 611947

Can we stop using this incident to unnecessarily attack India?
They were doing a favour to BD and other countries.

Unlike Pakistan, BD policy is to evacuate any citizen that wish to come back to BD. All those brought in from infected countries are put into quarantine and tested for the virus. If found to be infected they are given medical treatment.

Can we stop using this incident to unnecessarily attack India?
They were doing a favour to BD and other countries.

Unlike Pakistan, BD policy is to evacuate any citizen that wish to come back to BD. All those brought in from infected countries are put into quarantine and tested for the virus. If found to be infected they are given medical treatment.

My friend I am not attacking unnecessarily. I am just proving a point which is that World health organization is a responsible institution and it guidelines are for a reason today the cases of Coronavirus are 39 in India which were just 3 few days back. Why this happened cause RSS infection prevention center ignored WHO advisory and even forced Hasina to do so. You were quite silent when we were attacked for not evacuating so stay silent now when shit get real.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom