What's new

2nd pilot

..... Please don't tempt me... :flame:
When an SU30 is downed by PAF and it lands in your backyard in J&K it probably looks like this.
1598531024750.png

There was no second pilot. Two seperate army units reached Abhinandan and both reported that they had captured a pilot - hence the confusion.

PAF knew it shot down two jets, and this too led to the confusion that there was a second pilot.

ISPR should have just disclosed this rather than claiming that the second pilot died. Unless I'm totally wrong and the body was sent back to india or burnt in Pakistan.

There are so many thing that are still unclear about this episode, as everyone I am posting my theory which probably is compatible with all the claims on all sides.

1. There were 2 objectives of Pakistan's response on 27th. one attack a forward base (or drop bombs close to it as claimed) in retaliation of Indian action and secondly score a SU-30 MKI kill on Indian soil. For the former and later F16s were to be used as the main attack with other types supporting. The two objectives were known internally.

2. In the fog of action, Indian media started reporting an SU down and reports of action also indicated aircraft down. In a daring media attack, DG ISPR knowing, there is one aircraft down and a pilot in custody and SU has 2 pilots, announced that two were in custody. This potentially was to put India in back foot, check where they are doing S & R and use local assets to get proof of aircraft down.

3. We surely know that MIG-21 was not expected or anticipated but handled by PAF. It rested on PAF side of LOC and was used in a media offensive

4. India used the DG ISPR statement twisted it around to make the F16 Claim. PAF assumed their "kill box" plan worked and made the SU-30 MKI claim. (We have no inside information if it worked or not). India further pulled in US to claim the action violated of supposed usage restrictions on AIM-120 missiles by making a public show of debris.

5. Long term, the call (2nd pilot) made by DG ISPR did not work to the extent that it was expected since there was no additional information on SU or 2nd pilot. However it did put IAF in back foot.

Eventually DG ISPR was rotated out on schedule. The SU-30 MKI and F16 claims will remain contested until someone will write their memoirs.

I think we should be asking the question why Indians didnt get their Su30 counted to clear the air.
And if India lose any Su30 pilots?

Sir there was second pilot ejected from SU-30...one fall right above our post and the other one fall in Indian side...the one who fall over post was a Sikh pilot unfortunately he died because of hard landing at CMH.....

His body was handed over to India via red cross probably Govt don't want escalation in situation so neither Pakistan nor Indian admitted it.

SU-30 was shotdow 30 KM inside Indian airspace, using the common sense how an ejected pilot can travel 30 KM and land inside Pakistan?

Last edited:
SU-30 was shotdow 30 Miles inside Indian airspace, using the common sense how an ejected pilot can travel 30 miles and land inside Pakistan?
You have proof that we have shoot down SU-30 30 miles inside IOK?

IAF always send interceptor aircraft in pairs of two different models means SU-30 flying with mig-21.....I can assume that Abhinondon jet and the SU-30 paired aircraft both shot down.

I think we should be asking the question why Indians didnt get their Su30 counted to clear the air.
And if India lose any Su30 pilots?
None of the airforce will count their planes and put the number out in public. Always there are some serviceable air frames and some for spares and backups. Those counts are secret information.
People assume that just because USA monitors it's hardware more closely to avoid technology from being stolen that USA will certify the count, it is wrong. Neither will Russia do that for the planes they supply.
So there can be no counting. At the most people can try to guess based on spotting tail numbers in future.

IAF always send interceptor aircraft in pairs of two different models means SU-30 flying with mig-21.
You are quite senior and knowledgeable so I am asking if this is a true statement? It would not make logical (or logistical) sense since capabilities and requirements are quite different between those two planes. Different types can work together on a mission but I am not sure if they will be paired together.
Between SU-30 and Mig 21 their wheels up times are different so might not make sense.

You have proof that we have shoot down SU-30 30 miles inside IOK?

IAF always send interceptor aircraft in pairs of two different models means SU-30 flying with mig-21.....I can assume that Abhinondon jet and the SU-30 paired aircraft both shot down.

Proof has been leaked in so many ways, if you were following the info, you'd have known by now. Have you seen Hassan Siddiqi Interview, PAF Patch Indicating The distance at which SU-30 was shotdown i.e. 30-35 Nautical miles and @PanzerKiel recent post about the possible location of hassan siddqi aircraft inside pakistan and SU-30 location inside India?

And you are entirely wrong. Mig-21 of Abhinandon was paired with 4 other MIG-21. His wingman was Squadron Leader Vyas flying Mig-21. There was no SU-30 in the air when Abhinandan jet was shot down. Because the earlier BVR engagement had caused 1 SU-30 to exit the Arena prematurely

Proof has been leaked in so many ways, if you were following the info, you'd have known by now. Have you seen Hassan Siddiqi Interview, PAF Patch Indicating The distance at which SU-30 was shotdown i.e. 30-35 Nautical miles and @PanzerKiel recent post about the possible location of hassan siddqi aircraft inside pakistan and SU-30 location inside India?

And you are entirely wrong. Mig-21 of Abhinandon was paired with 4 other MIG-21. His wingman was Squadron Leader Vyas flying Mig-21. There was no SU-30 in the air when Abhinandan jet was shot down. Because the earlier BVR engagement had caused 1 SU-30 to exit the Arena prematurely
I must say you are ignorant Sir.

I must say you are ignorant Sir.

On the basis of what, sir? You got an evidence? Share with us ignorants then. As it seems you were in the F-16 with Hassan Siddiqui the day he shot down SU-30 and knows more than Kaiser Tufail, Asif GHafoor and Pakistan Airforce and All the people on this board

In simple English, it only means that there were two SU30's flying in close formation.

yes i was asking about PAF side of story. and what the pilot meant when he said in the documentary on swift retort "two su 30s in the area and grinding one plus one" what he meant by grinding one plus one is it some special maneuver?

You don't know Indian pilots, A MIG21's pilot can shoot down an F-16 without firing a cannon or missile and the SU30MKI pilot descending in has parachute can chase and shoot down a full squadron of F-16s just by farting in any direction.

SU-30 was shotdow 30 KM inside Indian airspace, using the common sense how an ejected pilot can travel 30 KM and land inside Pakistan?

On the basis of what, sir? You got an evidence? Share with us ignorants then. As it seems you were in the F-16 with Hassan Siddiqui the day he shot down SU-30 and knows more than Kaiser Tufail, Asif GHafoor and Pakistan Airforce and All the people on this board
Some times ignorance is blessing....

And you Sir is blessed one.....

Lets agree to disagree...

Let me live my truth and I let you with yours,,,

Only time will let us know the truth....

Regards,

Mian Ahmed Rattay

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom