What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

Indians were arrogant , and they still are and will always remain cause for them Pakistan is some puny nation with weak military and people, their mentality can easily be seen in their movies, where one hero comes in Pakistan and kill thousands of Pakistan, so their General public believe that Pakistan stand no chance against them . That seems to be the reason we' Surprised them .

They weren't expecting PAF to give them a bloody nose, and kick them between their legs as well - hence their Surprise.

The israeli missiles were recovered intact, just like their "pilots" with the exception of one.

I remember having seen a documentary about the Arabs / Israelis war. It was stated that a group of Egyptian soldiers were celebrating a victory over some Israelis soldiers. They were singing and dancing.... they didn’t realised that a another group of Israelis soldiers were coming... you can imagine that what was expected occurred. All the celebrating Egyptians soldiers were all decimated.

I don’t know if this is true event or not. But it was broadcasted in french tv channel more than a decade ago. I don’t remember details, the names of high officers nor where and when exactly that happened.

But this event shows that celebrating something over and over could/will lead to disaster in very short time.

As you say in English : my 2 cents. I will « pakistanise » it into « yeh meray 2 anays ! »

We thought that in 71 and Kargil.
The result is clear.

Im not berating the performance of the 27th as much as raising alarm of not letting the celebrations get the better of our alertness and judgement.

Of course the results were horrible in those wars/Conflicts but back than our enemy wasn't that Arrogant , years of brain washing of their media about Pakistan, and how weak it is creates the sense of power that they can triumph Pakistan anytime they want. Its like saying Underestimating your enemy can be your biggest mistake and that is what India did on 27th feb, All i am saying that I am hoping Indians to keep doing this mistake again and again .

The result is clear.

Im not berating the performance of the 27th as much as raising alarm of not letting the celebrations get the better of our alertness and judgement.

Of course the results were horrible in those wars/Conflicts but back than our enemy wasn't that Arrogant , years of brain washing of their media about Pakistan, and how weak it is creates the sense of power that they can triumph Pakistan anytime they want. Its like saying Underestimating your enemy can be your biggest mistake and that is what India did on 27th feb, All i am saying that I am hoping Indians to keep doing this mistake again and again .

They weren't expecting PAF to give them a bloody nose, and kick them between their legs as well - hence their Surprise.

The israeli missiles were recovered intact, just like their "pilots" with the exception of one.

That is what I was telling Oscar , that their arrogant and brain washing over the years makes them blind , they initiate the Balakot Strike by thinking it would be a piece of cake, and Pakistan will be caught off guarded , but we were alert and chase them until they drop their load and run . Next Mistake, despite ISPR issuing a firm warning in a Press briefing , we will surprise you they weren't ready or should i say not enough ready, Pakistan can hardly defeat India in a All out war that is what i think but Allah has bless us with a arrogant enemy who is bound to make more mistakes in future conflicts .

You are judging an Air Force and a nation based on Hindi films? Nice.

I am not judging a Air Force, I am Judging the Indian Mindset which i know is been brainwashed to believe that defeating Pakistan will be a piece of cake for them, they learn their lesson the hard way, by loosing 2 of theirs Jets and one pilot captured .

Nice to see posts from you so soon.

I was about to send a carton of (sympathy) Mangoes via Aramex. I guess I dodged a bullet.

Something @MastanKhan Sahib has said in the past, something like, if we succeed in shooting down their MKI(s) then they will be taken aback and have all their bravado knocked out of them.

Well the lack of further attempts by the IAF to engage the PAF, definitely suggests that the Indians were not only taken aback but they were forced to rethink their entire game plan.

The subsequent air-drills including scores of fighters and planned purchases of Israeli BVR missiles and re-rejuvenating the fabled MMRCA tender etc all attest to that fact.

But that does not in anyway mean that their confidence or self belief has been rattled or anything. Because to think that would be a folly and self deception.

Loss of a few aircrafts does not by any means diminish the overall might and the fighting power of the Indian armed forces.

Yes it does show that they are not as awesome as they believed they were, which we knew already, as well as one on one they still might not be a match (arguably) to our forces.

But it is a huge force. With a lot of material, man and financial power. Just imagine the scenario in which they can swoop in from dozens of different sides & places with hundreds of fighters in batches 8 or more? PAF would have their work cutout for them (to say the least).

Also in the words of Soviet General Georgy Zhukov (of WWII fame) "You can never underestimate the quality of quantity".

So in that context, the argument being put forward by some, like @araz Sahib, that we should have hit harder and negotiated for more during and after the 27th Feb encounter, is fraught with the perils of starting something that we cannot guarantee to finish favorably for ourselves.

That is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Ab tikkay to bantay hain. Tikkat na eato to phir kia eato.

If only the Indians had dropped a cluster bomb unit with Tikkas on our bases prior to the attack they would have complete air dominance.

We should be glad we were able to surprise them. Had we encountered their full readiness like they put up after their strike; the losses could have been different for both.

The result is clear.

IAF were able to surprise us and intrude 6-7 NM in Pakistan on 26th FEB because of the same multi centric intrusion at multiple sectors and finding no CAP over Balakot or kashmir Sector, Intruded, dropped bombs and ran away

Indians exposed a weakness in our Air defenses. That even in High Alert Status, there is no constant CAP all over Pakistan, heck even our AWAC wont be covering all the Pakistan in High Alert status.

That weakness needs to be plugged in and Pakistan has to prepare for multi centric attack or else Next Balakot will happen once again.

IAF were able to surprise us and intrude 6-7 NM in Pakistan on 26th FEB because of the same multi centric intrusion at multiple sectors and finding no CAP over Balakot or kashmir Sector, Intruded, dropped bombs and ran away

Indians exposed a weakness in our Air defenses. That even in High Alert Status, there is no constant CAP all over Pakistan, heck even our AWAC wont be covering all the Pakistan in High Alert status.

That weakness needs to be plugged in and Pakistan has to prepare for multi centric attack or else Next Balakot will happen once again.
Bro 6 or 7 KMS are nothing when jets intrude and leave super sonic even mighty US can't do anything.

Something @MastanKhan Sahib has said in the past, something like, if we succeed in shooting down their MKI(s) then they will be taken aback and have all their bravado knocked out of them.

Well the lack of further attempts by the IAF to engage the PAF, definitely suggests that the Indians were not only taken aback but they were forced to rethink their entire game plan.

The subsequent air-drills including scores of fighters and planned purchases of Israeli BVR missiles and re-rejuvenating the fabled MMRCA tender etc all attest to that fact.

But that does not in anyway mean that their confidence or self belief has been rattled or anything. Because to think that would be a folly and self deception.

Loss of a few aircrafts does not by any means diminish the overall might and the fighting power of the Indian armed forces.

Yes it does show that they are not as awesome as they believed they were, which we knew already, as well as one on one they still might not be a match (arguably) to our forces.

But it is a huge force. With a lot of material, man and financial power. Just imagine the scenario in which they can swoop in from dozens of different sides & places with hundreds of fighters in batches 8 or more? PAF would have their work cutout for them (to say the least).

Also in the words of Soviet General Georgy Zhukov (of WWII fame) "You can never underestimate the quality of quantity".

So in that context, the argument being put forward by some, like @araz Sahib, that we should have hit harder and negotiated for more during and after the 27th Feb encounter, is fraught with the perils of starting something that we cannot guarantee to finish favorably for ourselves.

That is just my opinion.

Fully agree.

Every one talks of how we shot down planes but no one talks about how they got in the day before and how to fix that. We exposed their air defenses too the next day so it's a problem for both.....

Bro 6 or 7 KMS are nothing when jets intrude and leave super sonic even mighty US can't do anything.

It wasn't 6 or 7 KM. They intruded 11-12 KM Inside Pakistan. That too After crossing the 10 KM Air Identification Zone from Indian side Which is enforced on both side of border. And If you are in the zone, You'll warn them to turn back. What Pakistani Radars and AWACS were doing at Kashmir sector at that time that couldn't detect a large formation and send a large CAP at Kashmir sector at that time ? instead of a standard 2 Jet CAP which couldn't intercept the IAF Strike package

DG ISPR said, Indians distracted PAF with Multiple Intursion attempts at 3 sectors.

These are the underlying weaknesses in PAF Air defenses that needs to be analyzed and plugged in thoroughly or God Forbid, Next Multi Centric Attack and PAF won't be able to defend simultaneously all the Sectors !

If only the Indians had dropped a cluster bomb unit with Tikkas on our bases prior to the attack they would have complete air dominance.

We should be glad we were able to surprise them. Had we encountered their full readiness like they put up after their strike; the losses could have been different for both.

The attack carried by PAK can be carried by PAF can be done each day... even Today. It has nothing to do with "Readiness" of IAF.

Stay in your Airspace, Drop standoff weapons.. Leave. Well.. even then IAF chased back the intruders which PAF failed to do on 26th.

Every one talks of how we shot down planes but no one talks about how they got in the day before and how to fix that. We exposed their air defenses too the next day so it's a problem for both.....

Well, where was the exposure/surprise ? As per ISPR, you never crossed LoC. I think they did, thats why Abhi chased the F16s.But if you aregetting chased back where was the surprise in the first place ?

India did the same on 26 with no movement from PAF. No retaliation.

Ofcourse they did scramble just like they did when US crossed and took OBL.

Back
Top Bottom