What's new

25 yrs in the making, Army inducts Akash

My very honourable Pakistani frnds dont understand the diffrence between 'ghar ki roti and parosi se manga hua pakwan'.You people will never have the same respect that India gets from diffrent countries as u dont have the tech. and always dependent on ur sugar friend .Sorry to be rude but I think ur government should stop thinking about khasmir and save pakistan from becoming a afganistan or a libya.As a prosperous and friendly pakistan will help in Indian development also as then Indian government can spend more money on the wellfare schemes .:azn::azn::azn:

25 years.........? That was fast!!

well a lil reference for u.

the project was part of IGMDP which started in mid eighties. however due to resource constraints the project did not gather any momentum. though the first flight was conducted in 1990 but the development trials continued till 1997. this was the period wen india did not have enough money to earmark for projects. as the liberalisation gained pace and money was made available, the project again gained momentum.

at present IAF and IA have already placed orders. i know there has been delay but good news is it is a totally indegenous product and we can improve on it.

Do you even know the development cost of Akash SAM and the others in its category?? Also when you are not given anything and when you are banned and when your government doesnot support, its a hard thing to achieve. Just look now how quickly they are gonna build Akash mk2.

Here take a look at some points about Akash SAM.
1. The Akash Missile Development cost of 1,000crore ($200 million), including the project sanction of 600 crore ($120 million), is 8-10 times lower than the cost of similar system developments in other countries.

2. Akash has certain unique characteristics like mobility, all-the-way-powered flight till target interception, multiple target handling, digitally-coded command guidance and fully automatic operation.

3. This system is claimed to be more accurate than the MIM-104 Patriot as it has thrust during the entire course of its flight compared to the Patriot that has thrust only for the first 12 seconds, after which the missile coasts, thus making it less accurate.

4. Apart from that the Akash can be launched from static or mobile platforms, including a battle tank.

5. Along with India, a limited number of other countries including the US, Russia, Japan, Israel, and some EU countries have developed operational multitarget-handling surface-to-air missile systems.

6. Flight altitude : 18 km, Speed : Mach 2.5

I hope now you can appreciate what is achieved here.

Indigenous, yeah right!! Look up Pantsir S1 and the compare the specs, the akash has 90% commonality!!

Talk about glorifying your BS!!

^^^^^Akash is imported and is not ours.....:sick::wave:
Pantsir's first prototype was in 1994 while Akash first flew in 1990!!!Educate yourself before spewing BS.

Indigenous, yeah right!!

Look up Pantsir S1 and the compare the specs, the akash has 90% commonality!!

Talk about glorifying your BS!!

Yo Einstein, Pantsir S1 is the name of the fuc*ing complete system (including an autocanon!).
" 57E6-E " is the name of the missile it uses which perhaps you wanted to compare with Akash.

Also, any link for this 90% commonality figure? ( Don't say rupee news! :lol:)

Here are the pics of the two missiles for comparison......

KBP-Pantsir-S1-9M311-SAM-2S.jpg

57E6-E

domain-b_AkashSAM.jpg

Akash

Show me the freakin commmonality! :azn:

Yo Einstein, Pantsir S1 is the name of the fuc*ing complete system (including an autocanon!).
" 57E6-E " is the name of the missile it uses which perhaps you wanted to compare with Akash.

Also, any link for this 90% commonality figure? ( Don't say rupee news! :lol:)

Here are the pics of the two missiles for comparison......

57E6-E

domain-b_AkashSAM.jpg

Akash

Show me the freakin commmonality! :azn:

Akash
Range: 25~30km
Altitude: 18km
Speed: 2.5 Mach

9M336 / SA-6
Range: 24km ~ 28km
Altitude: 14km
Speed: 2.8Mach

57E6
Range: 20km
Altitude: 15km
Speed: 4.6Mach

9M311
Range: 20km
Altitude: 10km
Speed: 4.6Mach

9M336 & 9M311 are in your inventory!

220px-SA-6_Gainful_SAM.JPEG

300px-Soviet_made_Iraqi_SA-6b_Gainful.JPEG

300px-Sa6_1.jpg

Now you tell me which one you played with and came up with Akash? For some reason too much of a resemblance with the 9M336 / SA-6

Akash at Aero India 2011
800px-Akash_missile_Aero_India_2011.JPG

Akash on BMP1
BMP-1_Akash_Missile_India_01.jpg

Mods kindly close this thread, it has been established beyond the shadow of a doubt that after 25 years of research by DRDO the AKASH is a copy of the 9M9 series missile.

Real achievement!!

Mods kindly close this thread, it has been established beyond the shadow of a doubt that after 25 years of research by DRDO the AKASH is a copy of the 9M9 series missile.

Real achievement!!
9M9 does not have digital fuse or 90% kill probability.Also Akash has flight ceiling of 18000m whereas 9M9 has that of 14000km.Akash also has an integrated ramjet engine.

Real achievement!!

hehe i just love to see you guys getting jealous of our achievements :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom