What's new

25 yrs in the making, Army inducts Akash

25 years.........? That was fast!!

Yeah thats really fast when a country developing such sophisticated SAM but see the new projects they are getting all the benefits of Akash. And IAF ordered 1500 missiles and related systems while IA will order more. Akash will be our bet against cruise missiles.

^^^Yeah, it was good enough to come exactly when the babur bubble had to be busted in pak.

25 years.........? That was fast!!

I didn't counter ur MTCR post cause didnt wanna derail the thread further. If u had read my post carefully, it didn't contradict nething as i had mentioned China has recently officially applied for membership of the MTCR. Which country would apply and then jeopardise its position??

Please don't derail this thread with your flaming one-liners. Seriously get a life.

I didn't counter ur MTCR post cause didnt wanna derail the thread further. If u had read my post carefully, it didn't contradict nething as i had mentioned China has recently officially applied for membership of the MTCR. Which country would apply and then jeopardise its position??

Please don't derail this thread with your flaming one-liners. Seriously get a life.

If you think China is going to value MTCR over its strategic objectives, than its not only unrealistic on your part, but wishful thinking as well!
Read the following articles and tell me if China gives two hoots about MTCR:
NTI: Global Security Newswire - U.S. Lashes Pakistan-China Atomic Deal
China to set up massive nuclear plant for Pakistan - Rediff.com India News - 1GW

AS to 25years for a system, by any objective observation, it is shameful for any organization feeding off tax payers money!

You can act all high and mighty but the sad fact is that objectivity is not your strong point!

If you think China is going to value MTCR over its strategic objectives, than its not only unrealistic on your part, but wishful thinking as well!
Read the following articles and tell me if China gives two hoots about MTCR:
NTI: Global Security Newswire - U.S. Lashes Pakistan-China Atomic Deal
China to set up massive nuclear plant for Pakistan - Rediff.com India News - 1GW

AS to 25years for a system, by any objective observation, it is shameful for any organization feeding off tax payers money!

You can act all high and mighty but the sad fact is that objectivity is not your strong point!

Maybe you forgot that the MTCR is different from the NSG. The US took special clearance from the NSG for the Indian nuclear deal. The US is taking a strong view against China's violation of its NSG commitments, but also recognises the importance of Pakistans Energy sector which is in shambles. Sitting in Sydney u may not have any idea.

You're right in one thing, a country's strategic interests are always paramount. However i doubt Pakistan tops China's foreign policy list. They have other areas of concern.

Lets stick to the topic now. I may be a high n mighty, a wishful thinker and unrealistic, but you're just a plain old flamer. Please contribute posts in this forum which have some intrinsic value for someone.

And the day Pakistan manufactures an indigenous SAM, that day you can laugh at our time-frame. Last I heard they'd barely gotten its first helicopter into the air!!! And don't claim JF-17 to be indigenous cause then i'll just ask u the golden question which no-one on PDF has answered yet - What are the components that Pakistan has manufactured out of its own technology in that aircraft???!!!:hitwall:

I would guess and i think i might even be right. Australia has never built a SAM on its own. If i am wrong please share with us. Well unlike you, we faced a lot of sanctions and we were never considered to be US friends until few years back.

Our companies just got out of ban a few months back and they are still not allowed to get the dual use techs.

Also every first project needs time. Now since we have gained experience India is developing many SAMs and even BMD.

Akash is a huge success and has received order worth 5 billion$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you forgot that the MTCR is different from the NSG. The US took special clearance from the NSG for the Indian nuclear deal. The US is taking a strong view against China's violation of its NSG commitments, but also recognises the importance of Pakistans Energy sector which is in shambles. Sitting in Sydney u may not have any idea.

You're right in one thing, a country's strategic interests are always paramount. However i doubt Pakistan tops China's foreign policy list. They have other areas of concern.

Lets stick to the topic now. I may be a high n mighty, a wishful thinker and unrealistic, but you're just a plain old flamer. Please contribute posts in this forum which have some intrinsic value for someone.

And the day Pakistan manufactures an indigenous SAM, that day you can laugh at our time-frame. Last I heard they'd barely gotten its first helicopter into the air!!! And don't claim JF-17 to be indigenous cause then i'll just ask u the golden question which no-one on PDF has answered yet - What are the components that Pakistan has manufactured out of its own technology in that aircraft???!!!:hitwall:

You are derailing the thread as usual. I won't be party to that. You can sit and howl all you want on a PAKISTANI forum and see if any one, besides you and your sad country men cares!!

You are derailing the thread as usual. I won't be party to that. You can sit and howl all you want on a PAKISTANI forum and see if any one, besides you and your sad country men cares!!

yes 25 years is late when we see global timeline but hey we were not what we are today 25 years ago...our economy was not as strong as it is today...we did not have much funds back then...very less means...too many global sanctions...but we have overcome all those problems and today we have made it...
it takes time for a baby to learn to walk but after that it will run like hell :D
and to be honest you seem to be sadest person on this forum as you make fun of other countries accomplishments...

yes 25 years is late when we see global timeline but hey we were not what we are today 25 years ago...our economy was not as strong as it is today...we did not have much funds back then...very less means...too many global sanctions...but we have overcome all those problems and today we have made it...
it takes time for a baby to learn to walk but after that it will run like hell :D
and to be honest you seem to be sadest person on this forum as you make fun of other countries accomplishments...

I'm afraid you guys are not looking at it objectively.

After 25 years of hard work you have manged to achieve something, is no doubt an achievement and there is no denying that.

BUT what India (and every other developing country) needs to look at seriously, and subsequently make it an integral part of the decision making process is:

How to achieve the same level of capability, with minimum expenditure and and in the shortest time frame possible.

How to achieve the same level of capability, with minimum expenditure and and in the shortest time frame possible.
Do you even know the development cost of Akash SAM and the others in its category?? Also when you are not given anything and when you are banned and when your government doesnot support, its a hard thing to achieve. Just look now how quickly they are gonna build Akash mk2.

Here take a look at some points about Akash SAM.
1. The Akash Missile Development cost of 1,000crore ($200 million), including the project sanction of 600 crore ($120 million), is 8-10 times lower than the cost of similar system developments in other countries.

2. Akash has certain unique characteristics like mobility, all-the-way-powered flight till target interception, multiple target handling, digitally-coded command guidance and fully automatic operation.

3. This system is claimed to be more accurate than the MIM-104 Patriot as it has thrust during the entire course of its flight compared to the Patriot that has thrust only for the first 12 seconds, after which the missile coasts, thus making it less accurate.

4. Apart from that the Akash can be launched from static or mobile platforms, including a battle tank.

5. Along with India, a limited number of other countries including the US, Russia, Japan, Israel, and some EU countries have developed operational multitarget-handling surface-to-air missile systems.

6. Flight altitude : 18 km, Speed : Mach 2.5

I hope now you can appreciate what is achieved here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom