What's new

23rd March 2015 - Parade and Celebration

outdated soviet style parades must end sorry not trying to troll but i don't support this goes both for India and Pakistan why don't we display our culture and bhai chara instead of showcasing our weapons ?when are we going to learn to be more tolerant and human ?
I agree

there is no point in such wasteful event specially when there is threat of terrorism
a small, short but smart batch of soldier can perform that ceremony at some national monument followed by gun salute etc. this parade is not country specific though. not aimed against India.
it was not entirely military parade. people who remember it would tell you it started with military and then followed up with cultural floats, industry and representation from 4 provinces etc. the civilian part used to resemble a festival.

by the way its not just communist style, other western countries also have such military parades, I witnessed the flight past of F-16s in Belgium last year and then there is one by France also.

it shouldn't be conducted or cancelled because West also does it or India or Russia also does it. but because the current situation doesn't allow it and specially such large scale display is wasteful

Will this be a full military parade and not those tiny pathetic ones in a school playground or something? It needs to be grand.

2sb1p8g.jpg

outdated soviet style parades must end sorry not trying to troll but i don't support this goes both for India and Pakistan why don't we display our culture and bhai chara instead of showcasing our weapons ?when are we going to learn to be more tolerant and human ?

Intelligence Agencies love these types of Parades.

1. Showcase Equipment, not just military
  2. Showcase Military Units
  3. Remove close to 2,000+ soldiers from training to do Coordinated Marching Exercises
  4. Require another 1,000+ to provide security for the event
  5. Cost millions to organize
  6. Most high ranking Military and Political Leaders are in attendence
  7. Allow Intel Agencies to gauge which Opposition Parties to press support for

there is no point in such wasteful event specially when there is threat of terrorism

current situation doesn't allow it and specially such large scale display is wasteful

You are right about the wasteful expenditure part
But since Pakistan has NOT held one for Seven years now ; maybe its its
public sentiment involved

You are right about the wasteful expenditure part
But since Pakistan has NOT held one for Seven years now ; maybe its its
public sentiment involved
we did it very well last time
a small and short presentation

Need to start holding cultural events. Reach out to the world. Media needs to present good news in Pakistan and give balance and not this tabloid drama bazi garbage.

a small, short but smart batch of soldier can perform that ceremony at some national monument followed by gun salute etc.
I largely concur with you but time has come for us to show that Indian/Afghan -backed terrorists/terrorism can no longer change our way of life. What is the objective of terrorism? it is to spread terror, to make people change their routines, to instill fear in them, and then to make them bow to the demands of the terrorists. I have never supported noutanki on wagah border but I supported that when they went for it the very next day of the tragic suicide attack. That was a brave gesture, a strong message to the terrorists that Pakistanis don't give no hoot to their cowardly actions. Same here, now that the terrorist's backbone is almost broken, and the swines are on the run, and seeking refuge in terror -supporting consulates and front offices on the other side of the border, we should go ahead with this parade. With right kind of precautions and preparations, we can do it and send a hell of a strong message to the terrorists and their supporters that we are coming back, stronger than ever.

Back
Top Bottom