What's new

236 dead in Karachi garment factory fire

Depends on the customers, if these Garment factories cater to big Garment buying houses - these buyers only place orders to factories that strictly adhere to their safety standards including avoidance of child labor, minimum salary levels, safety of women. Safety against fire hazards, multiple entry and exit points and clear demarcation of exits in case of fire. They also routinely conduct safety and escape drills in the factories to whom they place orders.

Its not about any particular factory or type of customers.

Its simply about Industrial security and complete indifference to loss of human lives.

Some days ago it was Kolkatta, then Sivakasi, Karachi.. it may be Kanpur next.

The standards are the same - zilch.

Its not about any particular factory or type of customers.

Its simply about Industrial security and complete indifference to loss of human lives.

Some days ago it was Kolkatta, then Sivakasi, Karachi.. it may be Kanpur next.

The standards are the same - zilch.

What I am saying is the factory owners want to save money, but if the buyers are such big buying houses than at least they ensure that the factories that make their products maintain strict safety standards.

Single exits to a place filled with chemicals and volatile substances..
Asking for trouble.

236?!? That saddens me :( So many bread-winners of families have been lost! Hope they somehow survive without their loved ones! RIP!

Damn!!

Last time i saw news on BBC, numbers were 20 something, but 236 ? Thats Huge numbers :(

May the deceased Rest in Peace! May god give strength to family members of deceased!

This is really outrageous. When I slept, the number was around 20, and 30 more people were said to be inside. This is really really sad. On the day, another blaze gutted a factory in Lahore.

As other members have said, poor fire safety, no drills, no emergency measures, and most of all, the buildings are in cramped locations, and the absence of hydrants and the list goes on.

It is time for the municipal committees to wake up.

Its soo sad ....the figure includes so many womens as well who were working there....

even i have heard tht the owner of the factory & his son are also among deads in lahore factory....:(

Back
Top Bottom