What's new

23 Nations to participate in World’s Largest Maritime Exercise, China 052C and 054A join

@xunzi

Do try to not instigate the Vietnamese with such diminutive phrasing. We are civilians here, at least try to show some respect for each other. Thank you for your consideration. 谢谢!

@xunzi

Do try to not instigate the Vietnamese with such diminutive phrasing. We are civilians here, at least try to show some respect for each other. Thank you for your consideration. 谢谢!
If you learn any history of these Vietnamese behavior in here, you will know that they don't accept our respectful comment nor "carrot-stick" approach. They only want the "tit for tat" comment from us. This is acceptable from both sides. Ask my friend @ViXuyen if it is true.

IMG_0372.jpg

08037d29c444.jpg

INS Sahyadri (F 49)

It's worth bro. Most importantly, it's a chance for Vietnam to be prepared for greater regional military integration.
There is no need to participate. Vietnam is not a blue water navy yet and we can't send our most modern ships Hawaii while Chinese ships are still in our water. I heard that we send observers there and that would be enough.

Typical Vietnamese response. Sour that you didn't participate? LOL
NO, until yet Vietnam rarely participates international navy fun games.
with few exceptions: for example, Vietnam navy participated the last ASEAN Komodo exercise in Indonesia in March, when we sent a hospital ship.

But I think Vietnam should begin to stage some bilateral navy war games with America, Korea, Australia and Japan.

hospital-ship-hq-561-1463232-38175228606.jpg

9bdEUCtn.jpg

NO, until yet Vietnam rarely participates international navy fun games.
with few exceptions: for example, Vietnam navy participated the last ASEAN Komodo exercise in Indonesia in March, when we sent a hospital ship.

But I think Vietnam should begin to stage some bilateral navy war games with America, Korea, Australia and Japan.

hospital-ship-hq-561-1463232-38175228606.jpg

9bdEUCtn.jpg
This is not a "fun game". This is cooperation for peaceful means. Do you understand? If you can send your hospital ship in ASEAN komodo exercise, why can't you send it to participate in RIMPAC? Are you telling the world the hospital ship is intend to fight us? LOL

There is no need to participate. Vietnam is not a blue water navy yet and we can't send our most modern ships Hawaii while Chinese ships are still in our water. I heard that we send observers there and that would be enough.
I didn't say we send our latest toys there. Just send something and involve more deeply in the planning and coordinating operations.

I didn't say we send our latest toys there. Just send something and involve more deeply in the planning and coordinating operations.
Our observers there are enough to learn from anything useful from this event. We need to save money to build more ships.

This is not a "fun game". This is cooperation for peaceful means. Do you understand? If you can send your hospital ship in ASEAN komodo exercise, why can't you send it to participate in RIMPAC? Are you telling the world the hospital ship is intend to fight us? LOL
NO, RIMPAC or whatever is just a waste of time and money.
there are enough nations that like to participate this kind of fun games. We don´t have such feeling for.

Our observers there are enough to learn from anything useful from this event. We need to save money to build more ships.
No, you can't learn anything useful while you don't commit yourself and you don't act, just watch. I guess sooner or later Vietnam will actually join the drill.

I hope all foreign countries involved get some shore-leave in Maui or Honolulu while they are near such a beautiful US state.

Although if any Japanese pilots think it would be funny to fire up a few Mitsubishi Zeros and fly towards Pearl Harbor, they may regret it! :p:

Would love to see some pictures of the formations, which the big countries will be pretending aren't temporarily altered.

Too bad Russia is not participating, it would have been a great photoshoot opportunity.
Russian ever participated it once, i think right now the Russia Pacific Fleet only can send submarines, their warships old enough. After 1990 Russian met some problems to their surface ship design including money & tech, many years the Russia Pacific Fleet didn't join any new warship yet left 1x Slava Class curiser, 2x Sovremenny class destroyer, 3~4x Udaloy Class destroyer, many missile boats.

No, you can't learn anything useful while you don't commit yourself and you don't act, just watch. I guess sooner or later Vietnam will actually join the drill.
American's ships and ships from other navies dock at our yard regularly to participate in joint events and teach us new techniques. They did it recently: Japanese warship to join exercise in South China Sea | South China Morning Post

Vietnam will join if there is a drill near Vietnam, and we are constantly participating in those.

It's interesting that, at this moment, Vietnam warships don't go out for joint drill, but warships from others come East Sea of Vietnam for joint drilling with Vietnam Navy

Back
Top Bottom