What's new

22 top airforces (based on plane quality and quantity).

Well inituallly I was suprised to see the RSAF up there but their ranking was based on What their strength will be in 2016 .. not the planes they currently have

I think the thread started , did not really account for the fact that the Saudia planes are orders placed and nothing is delivred ...

If we went by that logic may be we should count 125 planes india ordered or
200 planes Pakistan have yet to recieve etc

JF17 should n't get any more than .75 in AoA role.
And according to yr figures Mirage 2000 are better than Mig29s. Simply not possible.
Here is a link to actual combat. Mirage 2000s were no match for Mig29s.
Beauty vs the Beast
Ideally Mirage 2000 should get .9 and Mig29 1 in AoA roles.

Very interesting list 500 but don't you think that the nations who build their own jets should get some sort of extra points over the nations who only import their jets ?

Well inituallly I was suprised to see the RSAF up there but their ranking was based on What their strength will be in 2016 .. not the planes they currently have

I think the thread started , did not really account for the fact that the Saudia planes are orders placed and nothing is delivred ...

If we went by that logic may be we should count 125 planes india ordered or
200 planes Pakistan have yet to recieve etc

And what is KSA's curremt inventory of aircrafts? Let's see if you know or not.

By the way the OP clearly only mentioned the CURRENT arsenal. It is not like we had no air force and is yet to build one you know.

JF17 should n't get any more than .75 in AoA role.
And according to yr figures Mirage 2000 are better than Mig29s. Simply not possible.
Here is a link to actual combat. Mirage 2000s were no match for Mig29s.
Beauty vs the Beast
Ideally Mirage 2000 should get .9 and Mig29 1 in AoA roles.

Why sweety? Just cuz your bharti heart is crying? LOL.

JF-17 Thunder aircraft carries weapons like SD-10B ...It has a very powerful radar...short-range missiles etc .... It is a very capable aircraft in AoA roles... Couple of years more...give it time to mature...then it'd be a force to reckon with...

Pakistan

6) Pakistan 1256 (We did not even consider All Pakistani F16 Can carry Nukes)

I'm sorry but there is simply NO WAY in hell the US would allow Pakistan to use its F-16s to carry nukes! NO WAY!!!

Indian Rafales on the over hand........

I'm sorry but there is simply NO WAY in hell the US would allow Pakistan to use its F-16s to carry nukes! NO WAY!!!

I happened already one time. When Pakistan had no delivery systems , Pakistani engineers upgraded few F-16s to carry nukes. There is whole story and Americans knew this.

Now , Pakistan don't need its F-16s for nuclear-strike. Our Strategic Command Force is there for a reason ;)

Anyways, even JF-17 can deliver a nuclear weapon....

I happened already one time. When Pakistan had no delivery systems , Pakistani engineers upgraded few F-16s to carry nukes. There is whole story and Americans knew this.

Now , Pakistan don't need its F-16s for nuclear-strike. Our Strategic Command Force is there for a reason ;)

Anyways, even JF-17 can deliver a nuclear weapon....

What I said was there is no way the US will allow the PAF to use F-16s for such roles. After hearing about incidents with Turkish F-16s I have no doubt the US has ways to track,monitor and maybe even neutrilise all PAF F-16s. Paksitani engineers may have made the nessercary modifications but that doesn't mean anything I'm afraid.

What suprised me from the thread was the pretty accurate assessment of power of Airforces , or its appears to be very logical assessment , yes there were few mistakes but that can be corrected no doubt

I think the power balance will change again after India gets 125 MRCA planes , and when Pakistan will get another 200 JF17 thunders and 36 J10B class fighters and Saudia will get their 160 (Euro Fighters + F15 Strike Eagles)

But over all , there would be no significant change in the ranking in my opinion the big three will remain same

1 USA
2 Russia
3 China

What suprised me from the thread was the pretty accurate assessment of power of Airforces , or its appears to be very logical assessment , yes there were few mistakes but that can be corrected no doubt

I think the power balance will change again after India gets 125 MRCA planes , and when Pakistan will get another 200 JF17 thunders and 36 J10B class fighters and Saudia will get their 160 (Euro Fighters + F15 Strike Eagles)

But over all , there would be no significant change in the ranking in my opinion the big three will remain same

1 USA
2 Russia
3 China

well not only 126 rafales but 100+ mkis are yet to come too plus mig29s and mirages are being upgraded too....

well not only 126 rafales but 100+ mkis are yet to come too plus mig29s and mirages are being upgraded too....

MKI's aren't game changers... Rafael is....

J-10B will be a game changer ......

MKI's aren't game changers... Rafael is....

J-10B will be a game changer ......

MKI's is not game changers but J-10 who nobody expect the chinese fly is a game changer.

Why sweety? Just cuz your bharti heart is crying? LOL.

JF-17 Thunder aircraft carries weapons like SD-10B ...It has a very powerful radar...short-range missiles etc .... It is a very capable aircraft in AoA roles... Couple of years more...give it time to mature...then it'd be a force to reckon with...

Even Indian Mig21s can fire BVR and what so special about Chinese BVRs. we all know how desperate PAF was French weapons and avoinics and radars.
First let some countries barring Pakistan buy 17s and then we know if JF17s are any good.

The permission of US is not needed in this regard. Pakistan has modified some (number not known) F-16s for delivery of nuclear weapons. Also, there is no way of tracking to ensure that PAF F-16s do not carry nukes.

Even Indian Mig21s can fire BVR and what so special about Chinese BVRs. we all know how desperate PAF was French weapons and avoinics and radars.
First let some countries barring Pakistan buy 17s and then we know if JF17s are any good.

What BVR Mig-21 carries? What radar it carries? How about Fly-by-wire of Mig 21? What anti-ship weapon it carry? Any specifications? LAWL! Mig 21 is a junk and JF-17 Thunder will eat that junk up within a blink of an eye. Indian Mig 29 vs Pakistani JF-17 would be the real battle with obviously Mig 29 having an upper hand in experience (On specifications , JF-17 comes pretty close to Mig 29 , if not better) ...

Let JF-17 mature a bit... PAF F-16s pilots have already appreciated the performance of JF-17 ... PAF pits JF-17 against F-16 Block 52 in air-to-air roles...

You don't need to 'know' if JF-17 are any good or not... People who matter already know it ;)

Back
Top Bottom