What's new

22 Indian security personnel killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh

Thank you for the detailed response. What i meant in my comment was to know about any change in their tactics and presence of modern firearms, if any, in last 3 years. The news reported that most of casualties occurred because maoists had machine gun.

The Naxalites do have a limited number of light machine guns. These would be very, very few, and possibly obsolete Vickers Berthiers, chambered for 7.62 X 51 mm ammunition. The CRPF ( Central Reserve Police Force ) and DRP ( District Reserve Police ) use "hand me down " weapons when fighting Naxalites. In Kashmir you can see the CRPF and RR ( Rashtriya Rifles ) use Uk.Vs 59 ( clone of type PK ) and FN Minimi machine guns. We see Indian paramilitary forces using these weapons in Nagaland, Mizoram, Assam, Manipur but seldom in the Hindi "cow" belt.

Even if the Naxalites capture machine-guns, their shortage of ammunition means they can barely use these in more than one or two engagements. Additionally they would need extra barrels as these quickly heat and wear out during sustained fire.

We don't have all the details of the last engagement, but ten years back the Naxalites inflicted much heavier casualties ( 76 + killed ) by attacking the security forces base camp itself. In that engagement the casualties was due to gunfire and arrow bombs not machine-guns.

Last edited:
I was thinking same yesterday when i saw this news.
Kashmiris should learn from naxals.they are doing more damage to indian security forces than kashmiri fighters.

Kashmiris are facing far tougher conditions which India cannot impose on Naxals. The thing with Naxals is that unlike Kashmir, India cannot impose a blackout and lockdown on 1/4 of the country, nor can it move troops to that area in the density it has done in Kashmir. This would use up the manpower of almost the entire Indian armed forces and perhaps not even the police would have enough men left to defend the border with China and Pakistan. Maybe RSS brownshirts will be useful here (though they may end up inciting more violence among locals).

China and Pakistan can absolutely give full armed support to Naxals. It will damage India far more than Kashmiris can dream of and possibly lead to India's disintegration. However, Pakistan is reluctant to do so as it will ruin its international image of Kashmiri fighters. But does the international community's opinion really matter?

Pakistan has fulfilled 90% of FATF conditions, stopped armed support for Kashmir, made countless offers for peace to India and become a frontline state for WOT. Yet, we are being snubbed left and right? It is time for some people in the Establishment to wake up and realise the bitter reality.

Maybe RSS brownshirts will be useful here (though they may end up inciting more violence among locals).

arjunk,
The RSS, VHP, Bajrang Dal, have never been known to fight armed adversaries. Their valor is only before the weak and unarmed.
They can't incite violence amongst the locals, because in any areas the Naxalites dominate, any religious extremism or religion based incitement to violence is severely punished. The Naxalites impose a brutally secular environment. In Bihar the MCC publicly executed instigators of communal violence, ( guess who got the sharp end of the axe ? ).

Aren't these naxal states bordering China? Just saying....

Many Indians here used to laugh at me when I used to mention renewed Naxal and North East Insurgencies. My friends this is just the beginning, India will face many front wars, some from within also. This time the Naxals and others are well-armed and deadly, I wonder why!
View attachment 730934View attachment 730935
@PanzerKiel @Reichmarshal
Any comments on the arsenal of the Naxalites ? See my posts above.
Is 0.303 ammunition even manufactured anymore ?

View attachment 730969

( Link )

View attachment 730970
These are really old pictures. If you've seen the videos of Sukma naxal attack a few years ago...most of em were using AKs, SLRs, Insas which were captured during previous ambushes or from local police stations. China also pumps in a whole lot of weapons through Nepal border

These are really old pictures. If you've seen the videos of Sukma naxal attack a few years ago...most of em were using AKs, SLRs, Insas which were captured during previous ambushes or from local police stations. China also pumps in a whole lot of weapons through Nepal border

Where do they get the ammunition from?
With INSAS , 5.56 x 45, FAL SLR 7.62 x 51 , AKM 7.62 X 39, and Sterling/ Sten 9 MM .... That is three different types of ammunition.

So using fire arrows, country made guns, and 0.303 Lee Enfields the Naxalites captured three different types of assault weapons from highly trained commandos? It's a little amazing... Isn't it ?

Why would Nepal a Hindu state allow arms to be channeled to terrorists in a Hindu brethren state ?

The Indian military is playing "the number formula" again.

[22 Indian soldiers dead X 2 or greater= The number of dead opponents]

Where do they get the ammunition from?
With INSAS , 5.56 x 45, FAL SLR 7.62 x 51 , AKM 7.62 X 39, and Sterling/ Sten 9 MM .... That is three different types of ammunition.
It's no biggie to get ammo in India. Several web series being featured on Netflix, Amazon Prime showcase the gun culture in UP, Bihar where guns/ammo are manufactured illegally in sweat shops. OFBs originally having a commie culture also have backdoors to support naxal movement

Secondly, when I mentioned these naxals loot guns from police stations or ambushes, they literally loot everything from ammo catridges, boots, BPJs, helmets etc
So using fire arrows, country made guns, and 0.303 Lee Enfields the Naxalites captured three different types of assault weapons from highly trained commandos? It's a little amazing... Isn't it ?
A week after Sukma encounter, Maoists release photographs of modern weapons Possessed from CRPF

1617670663726.png

https://www.redspark.nu/en/peoples-...graphs-of-modern-weapons-possessed-from-crpf/

You can believe all the propaganda posted on this forum by your fellow pakistanis that naxals use ancient weapons but that is not really the case anymore. Again, I do agree we have lapses on our end since most of these ops are headed by civil officers (IAS/IPS) who have no clue in military ops. All they look for is getting transferred to a better place.
One reason both Andhra & Telangana saw a drastic downfall of their naxal cadres is due to AP police Greyhound units which are their anti-naxal commandos who're significantly well trained and better equipped. The org structure and planning is also robust and is on par with BSF. AP/TG and Orissa were able to largely eliminate naxals ever since BSF took over since they perceived and acted purely as a military op overseen by BSF planners while Greyhounds acted as a special ops support unit

Why would Nepal a Hindu state allow arms to be channeled to terrorists in a Hindu brethren state ?
This here is not about religion. If religion solves all probles, why are middle eastern muslim states in a chaos. Also, Nepal state isn't supporting but some of their commie groups facilitate this. Most of Indo-Nepal border isn't really guarded and there are several areas you could sneak this stuff in

Last edited:
wtf... why is he showing dead bodies like that?
Update: 22 Indian security personnel killed in this attack

Five security personnel were killed and a few others injured on April 3 in an encounter with Naxals at a forest in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, a top police officer said.

According to the police, some Maoists are also suspected to have been killed during the exchange of fire.

"The gunbattle broke out in Tarrem area (along Sukma and Bijapur border) when a joint team of security forces was out on an anti-Naxal operation," Chhattisgarh Director General of Police D.M. Awasthi said.

The personnel belonging to the CRPF's elite Commando Battalion for Resolute Action unit (CoBRA), the District Reserve Guard (DRG) and the Special Task Force (STF) were involved in the operation, he said.

"As per the preliminary information, five jawans were killed and a few others were injured in the gunfight," Mr. Awasthi said, adding that further details are awaited.

On March 23, five DRG personnel were killed when Naxals blew up a bus carrying the security personnel with an IED in Narayanpur district.

GRAPHIC***

Last edited:
The Indian military claims it killed more MAOISTS, but where are the pictures or videos of dead MAOISTS? There is only dead Indian soldiers in pictures and videos.

Back
Top Bottom