What's new

214 Pakistanis Stranded at Delhi Airport for Over 24 Hours

Shameful on part of the airline and passengers should sue the airline for all the agony. As far as India/Indian authorities are concerned, better was not expected after all. They'll be lucky if all of them made to Pakistan instead of ending up in Indian jails.
Congrats on your new title.

Sirjee,it is the duty of the airlines to look after the passengers. The Pakistani Embassy in Delhi should have played some role,I can understand the pain & anguish which the passengers must be feeling after remaining in the plane for over eight hours at a stretch, before they were allowed to disembark in the morning. Pakistan should take the matter with Gulf airlines

Shameful on part of the airline and passengers should sue the airline for all the agony. As far as India/Indian authorities are concerned, better was not expected after all. They'll be lucky if all of them made to Pakistan instead of ending up in Indian jails.
Yr statements r highly uncalled for. Had the Indian authorities not allowed Gulf airlines to land in Delhi,there would be chances of plane crashing due to bad weather which may be fine for you. This is not the first time nor the last times a plane carrying Pakistani passengers had dropped at Indian Airport. Did the passengers land in Indian jails previously.

Congrats on your new title.

latest

ha ha

Pakistani Govt should have sent some plane for them but sadly they don't care. Those who are blaming India, rather blame airline and your own govt for not arranging additional plane for them even after 24 hours. I remember once Air India had to do emergency land in Pak but out govt sent a special plane within hour for passengers.

What special plane? Where would it have come from? PIA doesn't have a large enough fleet to sustain regular operations let alone special operations like this one. :)

but of course, it is easy (and in fashion) to blame India for all your failures now innit?

not good that they were confined to an area near a specific gate, del airport is quite nice.. they could have shopped around or dined at least.

Sirjee,it is the duty of the airlines to look after the passengers. The Pakistani Embassy in Delhi should have played some role,I can understand the pain & anguish which the passengers must be feeling after remaining in the plane for over eight hours at a stretch, before they were allowed to disembark in the morning. Pakistan should take the matter with Gulf airlines

Does airline restricted them to gate after disembarking?

Does airline restricted them to gate after disembarking?
The OP clearly says Pakistan high commission officials had offered to charter a plane to take all the passengers back to Lahore, but it was rejected by Gulf Air and Indian authorities. It is upto to airlines whether to provide accomodation,meals,it is not compulsory. I tried to google on internet. about passenger experence in case of flight delayed due bad weather I came to know in different countries there r different rules, In US,airlines have no legal obligation to provide delayed passengers with compensation. This includes vouchers for hotels and food. It can be different for European Union countries/airlines . In Europe,passengers flying from an EU airport are entitled to up to £470 in compensation if a flight arrives at its destination more than three hours late, however The airlines are exempt from the rules when the delay was caused by an “extraordinary circumstance” such as bad weather, industrial action or a bird hitting a plane. However, airlines can no longer claim technical faults as extraordinary circumstances,

Delay - Air Passenger Rights

Good thing that the passengers finally reached their destination. These passengers should sue Gulf Air for the inconvenience since it diverted the aircraft 500 miles away to Delhi whereas there were at least 3 airports near Lahore within a 200 miles radius in Islamabad, Faisalabad and Multan. Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority should also bill Gulf Air for the expenses incurred towards transporting these passengers from Delhi to Lahore and compensate the passengers. Total negligent part on the airline

one of guy was here abusing the Pakistan airport authority and gulf air as the flight diverted to delhi because of bad weather. I guess he one among the passengers . Where is he now?:crazy_pilot:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom