20m to have Internet Access by End of 2011

eastwatch

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
New Age | Newspaper

20m to have internet access by year end
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka

With vigorous attempt of the government to make more people tech savvy to achieve the vision of the Digital Bangladesh, internet accessibility is going to be doubled in less than one year.

An official at the ministry of posts and telecommunications told the news agency on Thursday that internet users in Bangladesh would be around 20 million by the end of this year with a phenomenal increase in the internet connections. Currently, 10 million people are using internet regularly from 1.1 million internet connections.

According to Internet Service Provider Association of Bangladesh, 60 internet service providers in the private sector are now offering internet services, besides the state-owned Bangladesh Telecommunications Company Limited.

Citing the findings of a report, the official said on an average 10 people used a connection for sending emails and browsing web sites.

Considering the phenomenal growth rate, driven by increasing number of ‘internet population’, he said they were expecting another 10 million people on the online trail from 1 million new connections by the end of 2011.

The number of internet connections was 0.6 million (six lakh) in 2009 when the present government came to power with a strong commitment of making the country digitally enriched by 2021. Over the past two years, internet users grew by around 84 per cent to 1.1 million in 2011 from 0.6 million in 2009. The number of connections is projected to be 2 million by this year.

Wow only 20 million, we need much more than this to progress.
When it is 130-140 million I will be happy but seeing as now, I am very upset with the slow progress in telecommunication and technology we should be far ahead with Internet and furthermore internet speeds in BD are quite slow. Anyway BD need to rapidly progress in technology/

Who cares? Anyways didn quite get the shock at our rock bottom performance but rather at Irans take. Quite an achievement with all those restrictions they have.
One question from me though, if its 10 million now how will they make
it 20 million in a single spank?

Who cares? Anyways didn quite get the shock at our rock bottom performance but rather at Irans take. Quite an achievement with all those restrictions they have.

20 million Internet connection by the end of this year could be a digital hoax by this govt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe they are counting on mobile phone connections :P

Bagnlalink has been pestering me with messages to subscribe for one thrice every day.

Today I dumped my SMILE connection and switched to QUBEE. Fantastico.. :yahoo:

I believe they are counting on mobile phone connections :P

Bagnlalink has been pestering me with messages to subscribe for one thrice every day.

Damn with Banglalink, same here. They have been bombarding me with connection offers.
Sometimes I wonder how many connection does one need?:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom