What's new

2019 = Modi to be decimated - love me or leave me

C4dGArFVMAA4JMn.jpg

Buses and Wi-Fi ran into excuses, roadblocks: Manish Sisodia

Are you able to look back with satisfaction at what your government has achieved in the past year?

The past one year has been a little disturbing because of the attitude of the lieutenant governor (Najeeb Jung), the high court order and interference by the Centre in day-to-day functioning of Delhi government. They kept cancelling our orders. In an unconstitutional manner, Services became a transferred subject and we lost control over administration. That had consequences. Then, on completely flimsy grounds, CBI inquiries were started. We are not scared of CBI inquiries but officers are being harassed. They are being forced to name top people in the government. There is fear among officers. In the past five to six months, particularly, there has been pressure on the officers -- that if they are close to the AAP government or if they work, they will get into trouble. And those who are getting scared are unable to work.

Give two examples of work which the government had prioritised but could not execute.

We have not been able to sort out the matter of new buses. The minister concerned has been struggling with the files for the past seven-eight months. He has been writing to officers who are using excuses like the need for a 'scientific' study for this project. A study has been done but who is to say whether it is 'scientific' or not.

players under government regulations and letting the fare be market-driven, under a specifThe transport bus aggregator system was another casualty. The Union finance minister appreciated the scheme, informally of course, during a GST meeting. He said this scheme is the solution to all transport problems in the country — to open up the market to private ied cap. This conversation took place in Kolkata. When I returned to Delhi four days later, I discovered a CBI inquiry had been started into the scheme. Then there is Wi-Fi. We have been struggling to issue even the request for proposal.

How is the new LG different from his predecessor?

He is more open to ideas and discussions. Initially, Jung was also open to ideas but later became resistant to everything. Let us be optimistic. Maybe the Centre has also understood this situation is to nobody's advantage. Our relations with the new LG have been very good so far.

The last file he cleared was the one for setting up mohalla clinics in government schools. I have discussed several ideas, rejected by the earlier LG, with him and he is open to these. On something like mohalla sabhas, I am optimistic because he was the person who introduced the idea of area sabhas under JNNURM. I had an idea for a new kind of school in Delhi. Jung had rejected it but the new LG has agreed to discuss it. Lots of files have been returned for largely corrective measures. Nothing major has been rejected so far.

http://naisadak.org/stop-using-dhruv-saxena-to-defame-bjp/

View: If Arvind Kejriwal wins Punjab, it will alter course of politics

Do 'kaam ki baat', Akhilesh Yadav tells PM Modi

WB BJP VP arrested for cheating:

Dhruv Saxena effect? RSS changes tune, Bhagwat says no one has right to judge others' patriotism jantakareporter.com/india/rss-chan…

JD(U) decides to support SP-Congress alliance in Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls jantakareporter.com/india/jdu-deci…

Demonetisation 'biggest scam of 2016': Chidambaram:

While Modi says UP = Gundaraj:

And this is Modi's BJP ruled state:

C4dtnVGWIAAceBf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom