What's new

2014- Modi isn't Sweeping afterall

I am missing India bashing threads by Windjammer.At least they would provide a break from monotony.

Maybe we should trust the judgement of 7 loud forumers instead? In general Hindu is VERY reliable (not like Toilet paper). Besides the only supporters of Modi are on social media- criticism against congress is that tehy moved late and BJP moved much early on Social Media. The Modi Mania being a phenomenon only of a handful of elite is clearly seen. Congress has gone for where the votes really are.
@starwars , @Tshering22 @Marxist ....boys time for you to let go of your pot and smell the coffee!!!

Hindu is also a Toilet paper. It is an opium for Marxist and is bound to have heavy leftist bias.

Last edited by a moderator:
These polls are done keeping in mind that if the elections were today. Let the campaign begin and then we will know if BJP is sweeping or not.

For all the keyboard warriors chanting Modi, Modi- Here it is- NDA lead is not significant and Congress has always done well to manage with 'others'. NDA nowhere close to 272 even with Modi. A good 100 seats short. This is today. With the congress beginning to move on 'others' (mulayam, mayawati etc.) remains to be seen how the final strategy pans out. With JDU walking out, Modi has only fractured NDA's chances.

And surprise- surprise:

The Election Tracker survey reveals that Modi with 19 per cent (only :lol:) of the votes is ahead in the prime minister's race followed by Rahul Gandhi with 12 per cent,
I NEVER thought an @$$hole like RG will get even one percent- he's actually gone up from 6 to 12

Rahul Gandhi (!) is actually NOT far behind Modi as PM candidate. Not the kind of washout people expect him to be

In the race between Modi and Rahul, the former is ahead with 33 per cent votes compared to 31 per cent for the Congress leader. Modi is more popular than Rahul in North India (37 per cent vs 29 per cent), Central India (41 per cent vs 33 per cent), West India (43 per cent vs 33 per cent) and East India (34 per cent vs 30 per cent).

RG BEATS Modi in the South:

But Rahul with 37 per cent leads Modi, who has 17 per cent of the votes, in South India.
:omghaha::rofl:
Poll tracker: NDA to win 172-180 seats, UPA 149-157, others 147-155

Infact in 2011 only 2% people wanted modi and 19% wanted Rahul Gandhi but now 19% want Modi and only 12% want Rahul Gandhi and it will further reduce for RG and Increase for Modi.

These polls are done keeping in mind that if the elections were today. Let the campaign begin and then we will know if BJP is sweeping or not.

I don't think BJP could improve with time (if the polls are correct).People who are sick of congress could not get more sick then they currently are.

I don't think BJP could improve with time (if the polls are correct).People who are sick of congress could not get more sick then they currently are.

True but poll also showed that there are very large number of people who are still undecided. So once campaign starts, then only we'll see if they want BJP or Congress.

Its not going to be easy for BJP after folks have seen the kind of infighting & indiscipline in BJP too. When in power, atleast at the state levels, BJP has shown that it is as bad as Congress is. We have seen corruption, incompetence and nepotism.

From my point of view, I cant vote for BJP at the local/state level. I can't vote for Congress at any level!

If Modi pulls it off for BJP, it will be one spectacular effort.

You can quote 1 Survey we can quote 100s more that say the opposite. Do you honestly believe a person like Sagarika (who made her entire career on Modi Bashing) Lefter-than-the-left The Hindu to present Objective Results on Modi

Do you honestly believe that in a head to head fight between Modi and Rahul the result will be just 33-31 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Rahul the top Congress candidate according to these polls?

So saying that Rahul is only slightly behind Modi, means that ALL Congress candidates are behind Modi.

In Past we have seen always that the party with upperhand win more seats than what poll says.
Eg- 2009 Loksabha elections, no poll showed that Congress will cross 180 still they won 200+ another example is Recent Gujarat and 2012 UP elections.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Rahul the top Congress candidate according to these polls?

So saying that Rahul is only slightly behind Modi, means that ALL Congress candidates are behind Modi.

True. You know BJP was literally zero is states like Kerala,Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh but now many people from there like Modi too. In North no one can challenge Modi by a far distance and same with West India.

Maybe we should trust the judgement of 7 loud forumers instead? In general Hindu is VERY reliable (not like Toilet paper). Besides the only supporters of Modi are on social media- criticism against congress is that tehy moved late and BJP moved much early on Social Media. The Modi Mania being a phenomenon only of a handful of elite is clearly seen. Congress has gone for where the votes really are.
@starwars , @Tshering22 @Marxist ....boys time for you to let go of your pot and smell the coffee!!!

this survey predicts Congress will lose 60+ seats from current tally and you claim "Congress has gone for where the votes really are" ...So you need to wake up and smell that pot of coffee not Me

Last edited by a moderator:
this is clearly a pro Congress survey they predict Congress alliance will win 10 seats in kerala ....Solar scam Saritha nair and Shalu menon tarnished Congress image and they wont win even a single seat from Kerala

this is clearly a pro Congress survey they predict Congress alliance will win 10 seats in kerala ....Solar scam Saritha nair and Shalu menon tarnished Congress image and they wont win even a single seat from Kerala

UDF may get 2 seats in Kerala..... Ponnani & Manjeri - Thanks to Kunjakka and co......

But 1 question to OP.... I can see the joy in you when you say Modi is not sweeping the polls..... But did you realise Congress is loosing the battle big time?????? It should bother you more than Modi sweeps or not.....

this survey predicts Congress will lose 60+ seats from current tally and you claim "Congress has gone for where the votes really are" ...So you need to wake up and smell that pot of coffee not Me

Course it does, so congress is in deep $hit (understandably) unlike the clearly dominant position they had before, they'll have to bribe, wheedle and cobble, which they are VERY VERY adpet that. Key questions:

a) Your hypothesis that Modi's arrival has 'swept' India is clearly BS man- Modi's national approval is only 19% as PM and worse still
Read: In the race between Modi and Rahul, the former is ahead with 33 per cent votes compared to 31 per cent for the Congress leader.- he is ahead of RG only by TWO % . And RG is popular in states where the congress actually has a strong presence (South- Kerala, Karnataka & AP) . Being popular in UP ('north') isn't gonna be of any use is it? The Modi effect is only marginally better than NDA nos. right now- forget 270, it doesn't even touch 200
b) When the survey was being taken, BJP arrogantly let JDU walkout coz Nitish didn't want Modi- well count the damage that's 28 MPs short for the NDA now. Why do you think the sena is splitting hairs over this? They know the arithmetic.

C) Clear validation that Modi supporters are basically internet warriors. Where else is this 'mania'? I've been asking where are the votes with no answers. TN- 'course not, Karnataka- yeah right, AP- they're moving on Telangana to secure that, Kerala- BJP is ZERO and left won't support, UP? Delhi? Maharashtra? Where? Do people care about Modi anywhere here? Maximum, marginally in places like Maha- but there definitely is non 'wave'.

In the end, India will most like go back to the same old family that run their country. The Gandhi family. Indians are familiar with being under the control by local prince that they need something similar in the national level. As a result, the Gandhi family fill in this hole in the heart of Indians.

UDF may get 2 seats in Kerala..... Ponnani & Manjeri - Thanks to Kunjakka and co......

But 1 question to OP.... I can see the joy in you when you say Modi is not sweeping the polls..... But did you realise Congress is loosing the battle big time?????? It should bother you more than Modi sweeps or not.....

Both are Muslim league's seats ,They have good chance of retaining bot seats

Back
Top Bottom