What's new

2014 Elections - Grave Implications for India

@Indo-guy, so what's your prediction of GE 2014? Another term for Congress?
Plleeasse!! Give us a break! We've had enough of these douche bags! And these bl00dy idiots want to squander another mind boggling $50 billion on a nonsensical populist food security bill, half of which is going to go into the pockets of these blinking morons!

I think we need army rule for at least 5 years to sort out the mess by getting technocrats into the government and hang all these bloody corrupt politicians by their balls! Freebies and subsidies as vote bank politics have got us completely screwed beyond redemption. Jeeez! The situation really sucks! And it won't get better till the next government is formed. And even then, it would be a fractured polity at the helm with regional satraps pulling in various directions resulting in more chaos and instability! :hitwall:

How about a presidential form of government? I think that's our only salvation!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems unfair to blame Congress for legislative deadlock; any party in this situation, including BJP, would have the same problem.

It seems unfair to blame Congress for legislative deadlock; any party in this situation, including BJP, would have the same problem.

Okay this is fine.

But what about stopping all the events that led to all this?

Why didn't it stop them then?

It is just the same thing that you guys criticize Zardari regime with when he could have stopped the build up of drone wars in your country when he had the chance.

These guys have ruined a booming economy. It is hard to imagine that we grew at 9.5% four years ago.

We cannot have such a callous and crude regime in power.

The Food Security Bill is another eyewasher for the 'Last Big Robbery' by the UPA to ensure sufficient funds are available for state electoral campaign to bribe-a-vote program that it runs.

People have had enough of their lies.

It is just the same thing that you guys criticize Zardari regime with

Not comparable. PPP can be blamed for their failures because they had full run of the house.
They cannot blame their inaction on having to compromise with an obstinate opposition.

The Food Security Bill is another eyewasher for the 'Last Big Robbery' by the UPA to ensure sufficient funds are available for state electoral campaign to bribe-a-vote program that it runs.

See my comment on democracy below.

no wonder people have started to loose faith in democracy

That means people don't understand democracy. Democracy is about finding the best opportunity for yourself as a voter.

If the country needs you to sacrifice for the greater good, then it's the government's job to convince you that your sacrifice is shared by others and that it is worth it.

For example, take WalMart and the retail reforms.

If I am a small or middle sized retailer who will go out of business because of WalMart, why should I support its entry into India? If I sacrifice, the benefits will go to a handful of fatcats with connections into the big retail world, infrastructure construction, etc. I may get some benefits as a consumer, like all other consumers, but it won't make up for the loss of my business.

So, if the government wants to invite WalMart, it must offer me something to offset my loss of business.

Forget about legislature deadlock ...in India government is all powerful...they don't have to depend on parliament for approval of each and everything unlike US where senate closely scrutinizes all government acts ...
They can make ordinance ...can do lt without going to parliament...and yet Congress has destroyed economy in two consecutive terms ...
This is the most inept , government ... what kind of government is this where foreign minister says one , defense minister says another... Home minister says third thing. No regard for authority .
Post of PM which is the highest seat of government has been undermined ...

They have bungled foreign affairs , they have screwed defence ...
they have done all damage they could ....
worst off all they have subverted the great institutions that safeguard country. ...CBI , CAG all constitutional institutions have been undermined ....
all blame goes to congress !

Forget about legislature deadlock ...in India government is all powerful...they don't have to depend on parliament for approval of each and everything unlike US where senate closely scrutinizes all government acts ...
They can make ordinance ...can do lt without going to parliament...and yet Congress has destroyed economy in two consecutive terms ...
This is the most inept , government ... what kind of government is this where foreign minister says one , defense minister says another... Home minister says third thing. No regard for authority .
Post of PM which is the highest seat of government has been undermined ...

They have bungled foregm affairs , they have screwed defence ...
they have done all damage they could ....
worst off all they have subverted the great institutions that safeguard country. ...CBI , CAG all constitutional institutions have been undermined ....
all blame goes to congress !

OK, I don't know enough about India to comment on all the other stuff.
I was only commenting on the legislative deadlock which is blamed for the economic downturn.

Not comparable. PPP can be blamed for their failures because they had full run of the house.
They cannot blame their inaction on having to compromise with an obstinate opposition.

See my comment on democracy below.

That means people don't understand democracy. Democracy is about finding the best opportunity for yourself as a voter.

If the country needs you to sacrifice for the greater good, then it's the government's job to convince you that your sacrifice is shared by others and that it is worth it.

For example, take WalMart and the retail reforms.

If I am a small or middle sized retailer who will go out of business because of WalMart, why should I support its entry into India? If I sacrifice, the benefits will go to a handful of fatcats with connections into the big retail world, infrastructure construction, etc. I may get some benefits as a consumer, like all other consumers, but it won't make up for the loss of my business.

So, if the government wants to invite WalMart, it must offer me something to offset my loss of business.

I just repeat my statement : Democracy is the best system of governance ...but not in country where those who vote can't read , write and think and those who can read , write and think ....don't vote !

Majority voter in India lives in interior are illiterates, easily swayed by populist measures and have no power to think what is in best interest of country !
Educated people only talk , come and vomit on forums like this ( like me ) ....but don't vote ( I do vote by the way...) !

no wonder people have started to loose faith in democracy

Lot of blame goes to ourselves...Our political system reflects us...if Our politicians are corrupt ...then it means we are corrupt.... We have nobody else to blame but ourselves ....

We elected Congress ( read India ) ...we need to face the consequences ...

Next time we vote ...we need to keep it in mind .

We have no other choice but stick to democracy and make best use of what we have got ...
I just hope people won't fall in trap of these free booty traps : food security ( free food ) and money transfer ( free money) schemes !

Plleeasse!! Give us a break! We've had enough of these douche bags! And these bl00dy idiots want to squander another mind boggling $50 billion on a nonsensical populist food security bill, half of which is going to go into the pockets of these blinking morons!

I think we need army rule for at least 5 years to sort out the mess by getting technocrats into the government and hang all these bloody corrupt politicians by their balls! Freebies and subsidies as vote bank politics have got us completely screwed beyond redemption. Jeeez! The situation really sucks! And it won't get better till the next government is formed. And even then, it would be a fractured polity at the helm with regional satraps pulling in various directions resulting in more chaos and instability! :hitwall:

How about a presidential form of government? I think that's our only salvation!

Current system is good enough . Problem is not in the system but in the user...if user is wrong ...no matter how good system you give to him ...he will bungle it ....on the contrary if user is good he can make best out of the worst system .

The need of the hour is a decessive government. If we analyse UPA 2 we'll sadly find that despite having a better share of votes and seats, it did a far worse job than its first term. As a common Indian, what i want is a government that has a clear policy and guts to stand by it. MMS showed spine during N Deal turmoil during his first term, which unfortunately is missing on so many places during this tenure.
A lot of it would have to do with the narrow agenda of supporting parties in coalition but ultimately it cannot be used as an excuse. In this chaos, i'm sure incumbency is going to catch up with UPA, but it remains to be seen if NDA is able to wrest control and power. In an ideal scenario, NDA should win majority on its own and if BJP can win 200-220 seats on its own, may be we can get to see a stable and effective government.
However what i can see realistically is that we may (unfortunately) get a Khichdi government, likely to be led by a Third front stooge, and that means 2015-16 another General elections.

Congress achievement :
First time in history of mankind, Need, Comfort & Luxury are sold at same price in India! Onion Rs. 80, Petrol Rs. 80, Beer Rs. 80

Even then there are people who want Congress to come in power again... For Shame.

I do hope Singh's party can win the election again - they will give india a slow death.

2014 election is very crucial for the country ...... if congress comes to power again I may renounce everything n settle in nepal..... BJP is only option v have..... Later we will see rise of Arvind Kejriwal party......

One cheater replaced by another。

It won't make any difference。

Back
Top Bottom