What's new

2014 Elections - Grave Implications for India

Govt plans to give 2.5 crore mobile phones, 90 lakh tablets free - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: In another mega scheme to woo the poor, the Centre proposes to spend Rs 7,860 crore distributing 2.5 crore mobile phones and 90 lakh tablets virtually free of cost to targeted beneficiaries over the next four years starting 2014-15, in the name of bridging the digital divide in the country.

The mobile phones will come bundled with free connection charges for two years. The user, who will have to pay a one-time charge of Rs 300, will also get 30 minutes of talk time, 30 text messages and 30 Mb of data usage free per month. This scheme will be restricted to the rural population.

Similarly, tablets will be given away to students of classes XI and XII, both in rural and urban areas. These gadgets will have free data card connection for two years.

The proposal has been sent to the telecom commission by the department of telecommunication (***). After it's approved by the commission, the plan will be sent to the Union cabinet.

States to decide beneficiaries

The programme will be implemented by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd on behalf of the government. In the first year, 25 lakh mobile phones and 15 lakh tablets are proposed to be distributed at a cost of Rs 395 crore and Rs 772.5 crore, respectively. In the second year, the department aims to give away 50 lakh phones and 35 lakh tablets at a cost of Rs 880 crore and Rs 1,858.75 crore, respectively.

wow instead of focussing on setting up industry with this money govt is giving tablets so that more and more ppl can come and troll in pdf like us,,,lol:omghaha:

I believe Nawaz sharif was the best choice among the lot ....
Hope he will complete his term this time and deliver Pakistan the promises he made .

In democracy alone Pakistan should find its resurrection and messiah....

In 1960's Pakistan was doing very well....It was far ahead of India as per all indicators But a spate of military dictatorship ruined all benefits and pushed Pakistan on path of destruction ....

Democracy may be inefficient ...but in all it is the safer than military dictatorships !!!

So don't crib over Nawaz sharif !!! He is the best man for Pakistan .....

I am pro-democracy but not pro-PML-N, Indo-guy. However, I am still proud that my nation is finally learning democracy :)

I am pro-democracy but not pro-PML-N, Indo-guy. However, I am still proud that my nation is finally learning democracy :)

Nawaz has the backing of all the religious parties and he has given a grant to all of them

Then how can us and u expect that it will be willing to act against them??its not gonna happen
Same goes with imran khan,,,that guy has become quite intolerant

wow instead of focussing on setting up industry with this money govt is giving tablets so that more and more ppl can come and troll in pdf like us,,,lol:omghaha:

If I had been President , I would have dismissed MMS government long time back ...

I am amazed how stupid MMS is letting his mute consent to all this splurge . At one point of time Government wants to close petrol pumps in night to save economy and at other point it is engaging in such stupid populist schemes ....

Despite the state of economy , this government has audacity to think of such wasteful measures ....

majority of phones and tablets will go to the families and relatives of people distributing them !!!

Nawaz has the backing of all the religious parties and he has given a grant to all of them

Then how can us and u expect that it will be willing to act against them??its not gonna happen
Same goes with imran khan,,,that guy has become quite intolerant

I'm sorry he-man I quite do not get what you are trying to say. My opposition to them is because they are relics of the Ziaist era and represent a thinking best suited in the 20th century perhaps but not at all in the 21st century and most of their policies show that again and again.

Hope Democracy fructifies and people of Pakistan can reap benefits from that ....

Democracy is slow process ...need to be patient to see results ....!!!

I'm sorry he-man I quite do not get what you are trying to say. My opposition to them is because they are relics of the Ziaist era and represent a thinking best suited in the 20th century perhaps but not at all in the 21st century and most of their policies show that again and again.

Sometimes I also have difficulty in understanding what he is trying to say .....( in fact many times ...)

LOL @he-man just kidding !

Last edited by a moderator:

Man nawaz has recently given a huge grant to jamaat ud dawa led by hafeez saeed

Now he may be only anti india and u may feel he is of no danger to pakistan but in the long run,,this extremism hurts the society too and u know what i mean

Man nawaz has recently given a huge grant to jamaat ud dawa led by hafeez saeed

Now he may be only anti india and u may feel he is of no danger to pakistan but in the long run,,this extremism hurts the society too and u know what i mean

Yes, I know what you mean the PPP was harder on the terrorists the PML-N is even suspected of having ties to them!

Govt plans to give 2.5 crore mobile phones, 90 lakh tablets free - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: In another mega scheme to woo the poor, the Centre proposes to spend Rs 7,860 crore distributing 2.5 crore mobile phones and 90 lakh tablets virtually free of cost to targeted beneficiaries over the next four years starting 2014-15, in the name of bridging the digital divide in the country.

The mobile phones will come bundled with free connection charges for two years. The user, who will have to pay a one-time charge of Rs 300, will also get 30 minutes of talk time, 30 text messages and 30 Mb of data usage free per month. This scheme will be restricted to the rural population.

Similarly, tablets will be given away to students of classes XI and XII, both in rural and urban areas. These gadgets will have free data card connection for two years.

The proposal has been sent to the telecom commission by the department of telecommunication (***). After it's approved by the commission, the plan will be sent to the Union cabinet.

States to decide beneficiaries

The programme will be implemented by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd on behalf of the government. In the first year, 25 lakh mobile phones and 15 lakh tablets are proposed to be distributed at a cost of Rs 395 crore and Rs 772.5 crore, respectively. In the second year, the department aims to give away 50 lakh phones and 35 lakh tablets at a cost of Rs 880 crore and Rs 1,858.75 crore, respectively.

Such blatant purchasing of votes.

The same sort of thing almost happened in Australia. K.Rudd's recent rhetoric about pro-gay legislation in order to appeal to that part of the population which is easy to fool.

Makes one begin to lose faith in democracy.

New heights of corruption under congress .... Never knew they were this desperate .... engaged in last minute loots ... :rofl:

10,000 condom machines missing, CAG finds - The Times of India

thats why rahul gandhi is too tired to come out into public and speak!!:omghaha:

Such blatant purchasing of votes.

The same sort of thing almost happened in Australia. K.Rudd's recent rhetoric about pro-gay legislation in order to appeal to that part of the population which is easy to fool.

Makes one begin to lose faith in democracy.

rudd is gonna lose anyway

I hope the corrupt folks go. :) The situation at home is much better. Food is subsidized. In other Indian states the prices are much much higher. :cry:
No, its not.

Pakistan already has its BJP in power (Center-right party of Nawaz Sharif)...

BJP is actually good for Pakistan... They can solve Kashmir issue if they want to..Congress can't, even if they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom