What's new

2010 Games Village is best ever in history of CWG: Fennel

Hopefully our Indian friends will finally understand why us Chinese don't believe everything the Western media tells us.

Some of the media in Hong Kong, is just as bad as the rest of the international media... the 苹果日报 for instance is just sensationalist nonsense.

You eventually have to learn to "filter" out the rubbish.

Hopefully our Indian friends will finally understand why us Chinese don't believe everything the Western media tells us.

This is the problem with the bhartis.

I have seen so many of them using sarcastic arguments such as "western media must be out to get you" if Pakistanis attack the western media.

Basically, when the western media is anti-india, then it's biased. However, if it's anti-Pakistan, then they must be true and Pakistanis are paranoid.

This is not the only example of such fallacious sarcastic arguments from bhartis.

This is the problem with the bhartis.

I have seen so many of them using sarcastic arguments such as "western media must be out to get you" if Pakistanis attack the western media.

Basically, when the western media is anti-india, then it's biased. However, if it's anti-Pakistan, then they must be true and Pakistanis are paranoid.

This is not the only example of such fallacious sarcastic arguments from bhartis.

Sometimes. Its Bharatis btw.

^
Not really, NYTimes, Washinton Post etc are pretty balanced

That's true, some of them are objective. In terms of the western media, I find "BBC news" and the "Financial Times" to be fairly balanced as well.

The trick is to know which ones are balanced and which are not.

Sometimes. Its Bharatis btw.

I see this happening very often.

Another one.

When India is accused of terrorism, Indians demand proof. But when Pakistan is accused of terrorism, it's the same old sarcastic "they must be out to get you" and "must be a conspiracy theory".

What this is equivalent is... prove that India is supporting terrorism and prove that Pakistan is not supporting terrorism. And the question is presented in such a way that anyone disagreeing sounds stupid.

It's actually quite clever because it basically asks that question in a funny way hence it looks innocuous and convincing to some. Many people don't see the logical fallacy here.

It's the same as me saying "Pakistanis must be out to get you" or "must be a conspiracy " when India is accused of terrorism. You see the problem with that argument? It's basically sidelining the requirement for evidence.

This is a VERY VERY common argument I see from Indians. Anyone arguing with Indians, watch out for this.

Last edited:
Hmm sometimes BBC seems to be in a colonial hangover, trying to portray my country as snake charmer central :lol:

Really? I haven't seen that, but I could be wrong.

If you want pure objectivity, I like the Financial Times, they only seem to care about profit margins.

Apart from that I would say it's very difficult to find a TRULY objective news source. :cheers:

When India is accused of terrorism, Indians demand proof. But when Pakistan is accused of terrorism, it's the same old sarcastic "they must be out to get you" and "must be a conspiracy theory".

Because there is insane amounts of evidence against Pakistan (non state actors whatever)

Musharrafs confession about Kashmir
David Headlys' interrogation
Times Square bomber thing
Wikileaks fiasco
Kasab's interrogation
And what do we get from Pakistanis:

Times Square is a conspiracy against Pakistan
Mumbai attacks were an inside job :blah:
Wikileaks is american propaganda to defame Pakistan

Last edited:
Because there is insane amounts of evidence against Pakistan (non state actors whatever)

Musharrafs confession about Kashmir
David Headlys' interrogation
Times Square bomber thing
Wikileaks fiasco
Kasab's interrogation
And what do we get from Pakistanis:

Times Square is a conspiracy against Pakistan
Mumbai attacks were an inside job :blah:
Wikileaks is american propaganda to defame Pakistan

No evidence has been provided against Pakistan state. The 'evidence' that has been provided is not evidence and that has been discussed already. Hence the problem with this argument.

Anyway, this was just an off-topic rant and you guys should proceed with the normal stuff.

No evidence has been provided against Pakistan state. The 'evidence' that has been provided is not evidence and that has been discussed already. Hence the problem with this argument.

What about david headly's confession about a direct ISI link!

Musharraf's confession about supporting militants against India! That's evidence starting down on your face !

Times Square bomber linked with LeT !

Kasab's confession about ISI links ! again you guys derided it as Indian media

Wikileaks!

But I know the response I'm going to get

LeT is rogue terrorist faction, not funded by Pakistani state

Some factions of ISI have gone rogue, and state has no control over them

Musharraf is a puppet of america and an attention seeker

(why does everything have a Pakistani connection?!)

No point arguing further

Last edited:
You're repeating your previous post and my answer is the same as my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom