What's new

2000 kN Semi-Cryogenic Engine SCE-200 replacing L-110 Core Stage in LVM3 to be ready in 6-8 months

What you trying to say ? France developing nuclear weapons for for India ? If you have trust issue then deal with it . You sound awkward now . SC engine project is more than 7 years old and India already completed 80% of testing and validation of the systems and subsystems . Even India using US facilities for AMCA design so US building AMCA for India ....? What kind of logic is this ? When official statements are made its the end of the debate . If you want you can give it a spin to calm down your burning sensation .

End of the day in 6/8 months India will overtake China to become third only country to develop our own "INDIGENOUS" Semi cryogenic engine technology ! Point to note by just replacing Engine on same GSLV mk3 platform we increased play load capacity by 2 ton for GTO and 4 T for LEO . Once we increase its size we could maximise our capacity to large cluster of heavy and high performance satellite in a single launch instead of choosing France or US agencies rockets .

Don't you think you should give a huge credit to India as we know what we have achieved when another country with same DNA lost it completely ? That too when cruise missiles like babar becomes Asia's most dangerous development but SC technology is not worth it ?

Lol I petty you .

this article posted 2015, Indians claim "End of the day in 6/8 months India will overtake China to become third only country to develop our own "INDIGENOUS" Semi cryogenic engine technology "

Is big mouth your national identity? We have flown Long March 7/Long March 5 with YF-100 kerosene engine, where is your so called indigenous kerosene engine? still on Ukraine's paper or in prototype? on trial? is 6/8 months really 60/80 years?:rofl:

this article posted 2015, Indians claim "End of the day in 6/8 months India will overtake China to become third only country to develop our own "INDIGENOUS" Semi cryogenic engine technology "

The article is wrong since China had tested it way back. Your point is ?

still on Ukraine's paper or in prototype?

Like Russian YF 100 ?

The article is wrong since China had tested it way back. Your point is ?

My point is that you guys like to boast, have a reputation of a big mouth, any Indian's claims should be taken with a grain of salt

My point is that you guys like to boast, have a reputation of a big mouth, any Indian's claims should be taken with a grain of salt

So about the YF 100, Congratulations for getting the blue prints for the RDXX engines.

Opening our big mouth is a Asian trait. We are far behind others right.

Dude please, you copy/paste Chinese wants to call Indians loudmouth? India reached Mars in first attempt and that too using momentum of satellite i.e, simple mathematical calculations/ ricochet. As far as i know, Chinese mission exploded like Tsar bomba. And you even reached Moon with rover replica but came back digesting and farting dog meat. It was Indian Chandrayaan which confirmed water on moon. LOL

Your whole country is replica of USSR communism and even your achievements, not claims, should be taken with grain of salt.

Your whole country is replica of USSR communism and even your achievements, not claims, should be taken with grain of salt.

Please. China is nothing like USSR. Merit needs to be given where it is due. They knew reinveting the wheel was not necessary early on, they got the idea that standing on our own feet is important as well.

India is yet to learn this.

Please. China is nothing like USSR. Merit needs to be given where it is due. They knew reinveting the wheel was not necessary early on, they got the idea that standing on our own feet is important as well.

India is yet to learn this.

Dude please, China opened its economy first in backdrop of Great leap. Chinese opponents were Japan, Taiwan, US and Russia.

Indian opponent in 1947 was Pakistan. Not only did we repelled British but we also took brunt of Mughals/Islamist which converted 30 percent of our masses into not so favorable or patriotic masses.

Chinese need development fast and at any cost to survive, our leaders had space and heart to afford Pakistan INR 55 crore in its inception.

India may be the only country on earth whose founding father Gandhi went on Hunger strike to compensate enemy nation adequately and with interest.

Dude please, China opened its economy first in backdrop of Great leap. Chinese opponents were Japan, Taiwan, US and Russia.

Indian opponent in 1947 was Pakistan. Not only did we repelled British but we also took brunt of Mughals/Islamist which converted 30 percent of our masses into not so favorable or patriotic masses.

Chinese need development fast and at any cost to survive, our leaders had space and heart to afford Pakistan INR 55 crore in its inception.

India may be the only country on earth whose founding father Gandhi went on Hunger strike to compensate enemy nation adequately and with interest.

I think you are missing the point I made. Your reply is about things which I have made no reference of.

I think you are missing the point I made. Your reply is about things which I have made no reference of.

My point is simple if you understand Hindi

"Sangat ka farak hai"

China enmity was with USSR, US and Japan, they developed accordingly. Our adversary was Pakistan, so we evolved in that bubble, so to speak.

My point is simple if you understand Hindi

"Sangat ka farak hai"

China enmity was with USSR, US and Japan, they developed accordingly. Our adversary was Pakistan, so we evolved in that bubble, so to speak.

Again, what I said just went over your head. So let me try to explain what I was saying.

India's enemy is India alone. For example: Our Jugad mentality. Or Chalta hai. We indians are known to find fixes things in indigenous ways. Most Indians are proud of it. No issues with that. However, Innovation doesn't work in environments like that. Take any R&D projects in universities. The push is to "finish" the things. Way is always less important.

Our military R&D projects. We try. We fail. We buy. Innovation never happened. Save for the IGMDP project. A true feather in our cap. You don't see any Pakistani or Chinese calling on it. They cant. They wont.

So fine. Innovation is one way to go. The other way is swallow your pride and just get things done in any other way. Thats what chinese did. Look at their J-20. They grabbed whatever they can from wherever and mixed it with their experience. They have a "5th" gen now. Fanbois were triggered. Look at the new AESA radar they developed. Pakistanis were triggered. India failed there also. How? I was talking about our LCA project. Trust me. The jet is a gem. JF 17 has no game on it. The Chinese know it. So do the prospective buyers they had for the JF. But no, our own AF wants something else. Over engineering is a real issue in R&D. There is a reason why the terms Marks, Tranches, Sprints, Blocks are used in engineering projects. No one will yell at you for delivering a product that doesn't do 100% at the get go. Except for Indian armed forces.

Modi, another joker in the making soon. He came in all guns blazing. Good that the oil prices are down. Indias biggest commodity import is oil. He can afford to do stuff. Still instead of pushing things down the armed forces, still going with phoren mall. Still new LWF tenders. Still new T90. We Indians never get it. We are always out of loop.

And Others will laugh all their way to the bank.

Again, what I said just went over your head. So let me try to explain what I was saying.

India's enemy is India alone. For example: Our Jugad mentality. Or Chalta hai. We indians are known to find fixes things in indigenous ways. Most Indians are proud of it. No issues with that. However, Innovation doesn't work in environments like that. Take any R&D projects in universities. The push is to "finish" the things. Way is always less important.

Our military R&D projects. We try. We fail. We buy. Innovation never happened. Save for the IGMDP project. A true feather in our cap. You don't see any Pakistani or Chinese calling on it. They cant. They wont.

So fine. Innovation is one way to go. The other way is swallow your pride and just get things done in any other way. Thats what chinese did. Look at their J-20. They grabbed whatever they can from wherever and mixed it with their experience. They have a "5th" gen now. Fanbois were triggered. Look at the new AESA radar they developed. Pakistanis were triggered. India failed there also. How? I was talking about our LCA project. Trust me. The jet is a gem. JF 17 has no game on it. The Chinese know it. So do the prospective buyers they had for the JF. But no, our own AF wants something else. Over engineering is a real issue in R&D. There is a reason why the terms Marks, Tranches, Sprints, Blocks are used in engineering projects. No one will yell at you for delivering a product that doesn't do 100% at the get go. Except for Indian armed forces.

Modi, another joker in the making soon. He came in all guns blazing. Good that the oil prices are down. Indians biggest commodity import is oil. He can afford to do stuff. Still instead of pushing things down the armed forces, still going with phoren mall. Still new LWF tenders. Still new T90. We Indians never get it. We are always out of loop.

I understand your point but you need to understand is that China is under sanctions from west. They cannot import period.

Whatever Modi is, he is incharge for like 2 years. He cannot change mentality and our environment that soon. If PLA or PLAAF had choice to choose between T-90 or Rafale, they would have dumped Type 99 or J-20 or whatever.

Please also don't forget that during MMRCA and Assault rifle trails, various established and reputed brands in International arena were rejected by our armed forces. Then these govt PSUs are nothing.

Indians had the most exhaustive trails for MMRCA that even other countries sought reports. OTOH, some countries induct fighters without even FOC clearance.

Their claims cannot be compared with our transparency.

Modi, another joker in the making soon. He came in all guns blazing. Good that the oil prices are down. Indias biggest commodity import is oil. He can afford to do stuff. Still instead of pushing things down the armed forces, still going with phoren mall. Still new LWF tenders. Still new T90. We Indians never get it. We are always out of loop.

You guys are blessed, west and Russia are competing to sell the weapons to you. but blessing is also a curse, we have no choice, but the sanction turns out to be a good thing. Just look at Iran vs. Saudi.

Culturally we never subscribe to this bullshit that just because you came up with the idea first, then I can't do it and have to pay money to do it? Isn't this what Indian pharma companies are doing, ignoring patents and making copy drugs and protected by your government?

Learn by copy first, digest and fully internalize, then innovate, that's the way to catch up. Russia, USA, Japan etc. did the same. Once you are high up in value chain, you can talk about IP rights.

Last edited:
SCE-200 specs:

Sea level thrust: 182 tons
Sea level impulse: 299 seconds
Dry mass: 2700 kg
Fuel: LOX/RP-1
Engine cycle: Oxidiser rich staged combustion cycle

Some info on semi-cryo stages in development:

SC-200 - One SCE-200 engine with 200 ton propellant loading. It will serve as replacement for L-110 on GSLV MK-3 and increase GTO payload to 6.5 ton and LEO payload to 13 tons

SC-460 - Proposed in 2010 as strapons for moon rocket. Probably evolved to SC-500 concept

SC-500 - Conceptual stage under study with five SCE-200 engines. If developed it will give india 40 ton to LEO and 16 ton to GTO capability

SC-800 - Proposed back in 2010 for core of moon rocket. Status unknown.

Your long march 5 also had modified RD 120 and RD 170 Russian engines. Word Chinese and indigenous are oxymoron.

Cut the rhetoric and get those Su-35 from Russia asap.

Actually the YF-100 more closely resembles the RD-801 which is a modern build of the RD-120

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom