What's new

200 Terrorists Attack Pakistan Post from Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I suppose India will take responsibility for the Mumbai thing? and will not raise a hue and cry should the line of control become porous ? ? And Afghanistan and her US/NATO "allies" will not complain if they find they cannot be everywhere all the time??

India takes responsibility of failing to protect its borders... but at the same time it is free to blame "others" who it thinks perpetrated the attack. It was a wake up call and a lot of loopholes were found and plugged (hopefully). These lessons were implemented in rest of the major cities as well, so I can say we are better prepared from our front after this incident.

Have things improved on the western borders from the Pakistani side atleast?

So the Indian prescription is to talk out of both sides of one's mouth?

You are countering on an issue which is not related to this topic, but I will try to answer it anyways.

There is no Indian prescription I am preaching about... and even if you think it is, it may or may not be applicable to your situation. What you need is a practical approach and that is what I am asking about. What actions have been taken on the border front to stop these incursions and repeated attacks? Lets say that Afghans and US are indeed trying to work with the Talibs hand in hand... will that allow you to resign to the fate at hand? or does it call for a renewed effort to strengthen your borders and at the same time put pressure on NATO to do their job?

One side or two sides of the mouth... you decide what is best for your country.

I am not countering on an unrelated issue and I don't want you to be defensive with me - I just want to point out that this a symptom of a larger problem

25 Pakistani forces die in cross-border raid

2011/06/02 00:20:00
Reuters

ISLAMABAD—Twenty five Pakistani security forces have been killed in northwest Pakistan in fighting that erupted after about 200 militants crossed over from Afghanistan and attacked a security check post, a government official said on Thursday.

Skirmishes had been going on for 24 hours in a village in Dir region, Ghulam Mohammad Khan, a top local government official, said by telephone.

“We are preparing to evacuate 25 bodies from the village,” he said, referring to police and paramilitary forces killed in the fighting that spread to a forest.
________

The Dawn link

RIP to the soldiers!!

What's happening in the north-western borders??? Why can't the security forces smash the morons to dust??? Shocking, for the repeated nature of these news.

no this is because of what us had played is a drama.
after that episode now its second episode .. nato let ttp to go freely to afghanistan and now they are attaking pakistan. it is a planed drama
Everything around us or happening in this world is part of a so-called drama.

Only some Pakistani locals know the TRUTH of this plagued word and imperialistic ambitions of the Darth Sidious aka Barak Obama. Let me guess, these locals (which include you) are getting information from divine sources? :rolleyes:

Not that difficult to close the border. Some mining here and fencing there...
Easier said than done! You have more than a thousand miles to fence and that needs to be covered by thousands of observation posts and high tech equipment like NVDs/image intensifiers, ground surveillance radars, and so on . Indians have done most of this in Kashmir along the LoC yet some terrorists still manage to sneak through.
In fact it's impossible to plug a border completely especially over terrain obtaining on the AFPAK border.

There are several questions that ISPR must respond to:

Why do we not have rapid response divisions/battalions? that would reinforce troops once such an incident occurs.

Why do we not have cobra helis or recon helis on standby 24/7? for rapid response might have lowered our losses.

Why is there little to no collaboration between PAF and Pak Army when aerial support is required? aerial support is crucial in an ambush.

Several more questions.

no this is because of what us had played is a drama.
after that episode now its second episode .. nato let ttp to go freely to afghanistan and now they are attaking pakistan. it is a planed drama

Pakistani army and its reserves exponentially outnumbers Nato forces deployed in Afghanistan..and if Pakistani army with its vast human resources can not protect your western border..how can you expect NATO forces to seal of the border?

25 Pakistani forces die in cross-border raid

2011/06/02 00:20:00
Reuters

ISLAMABAD—Twenty five Pakistani security forces have been killed in northwest Pakistan in fighting that erupted after about 200 militants crossed over from Afghanistan and attacked a security check post, a government official said on Thursday.
Damn! WTF is going on? Why doesn't the PAF go all out and drop their 1000 pounders on the turbaned heads these bozos? Why can't the PAF fly across into Afghan territory and take these brigands out? If the US of A can just walk into Pakistan why can't Pakistani troops do the same and destroy TTP camps across the border? Isn't preemptive offensive action the best defence? Why keep depending on para military or police forces to defend the border? You need to get the regulars out. This is not a war to be toyed with.

Pakistani army and its reserves exponentially outnumbers Nato forces deployed in Afghanistan..and if Pakistani army with its vast human resources can not protect your western border..how can you expect NATO forces to seal of the border?

don’t talk out of you @$$ , the PA has to police not just on the west but on the east also , no matter how many lies you spin it doesn’t change the realities on ground with india , NATO/US plus the ANA only have to focus on one border but still they blame us
Whenever there is talk about closing the border the ones making the most noise that it cannot be done seems to be indians , followed by the afghanis themselves and the US just nodding in agreement BUT still ALL three will come out barking at Pakistan for doing this or that about the border ?!

That is classic example of Reverse Strategic Depth in play. :lol:

Upper Dir lies just outside of Pakistan’s tribal areas, but it, too, has witnessed al Qaeda and Taliban militant activity, and the Pakistani military has carried out operations there in the past. The area is remote and dangerous, making it difficult to independently verify information.

Looks like news came from ISI bureau.

After SSS murder, its clear who controls Pakistani media.

Whats falling apart? Anyone able to connect dots? Any TDH illiterate wandering pashtoons with Ak47 can attack pakistani army post and neutralise 25 soldiers?? For gods sake it was not town police or even para millitary. It was the Army itself. What is the level of pakistani Armys prepardness?

That's because terrorist groups like TTP and LeT are strategic assets of Pakistan. They can't attack brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom