What's new

200 Pakistan nationals evacuated from Yemen by Chinese fleet

200 Pakistanis in Yemen’s Aden to be evacuated

Published: April 1, 2015

001aa0ba3c16168440eb12.jpg

Islamabad, April 1 (IANS) — Around 200 Pakistanis stranded in Yemen’s Aden city will be evacuated on Wednesday by a Chinese naval ship to Djibouti, from where they will be brought back to Pakistan, the foreign office in Islamabad said.

“Due to the ongoing fighting around Aden, evacuation by air through the Mokallah airport, which is at a considerable distance, has become extremely risky. Therefore, around 200 Pakistanis stranded in Aden will now be evacuated through a Chinese Naval Ship reaching Aden on Wednesday,” a foreign office spokesperson said in a statement.

“These Pakistanis will be taken to Djibouti by sea. From there, a special Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight will bring them back to Pakistan,” Geo News quoted the statement as saying.

TasneemAslam-yemen-pakistanfo_3-29-2015_179709_l.jpg

A PIA spokesperson said the return flight would depart from Djibouti and arrive at Karachi’s Jinnah International Airport on Thursday.

The foreign office said special arrangements are being made in Djibouti for the Pakistani citizens.

“Our ambassador in Ethiopia has been instructed to personally set up a camp office in Djibouti to receive these Pakistanis, and organise their immigration, stay and journey back to Pakistan. The Djibouti government has agreed to provide the required support,” it added.

Meanwhile, the security situation was “fairly stable” in the city of Mokallah, where around 150 Pakistanis were waiting to be evacuated.

“A Pakistan navy ship is scheduled to reach Mokallah on April 2 to evacuate around 150 Pakistanis. These will be brought back directly to Karachi,” the statement added.

The spokesperson said that, despite the challenging situation in Sanaa, the government was planning to arrange a special flight to the city to rescue between 70 and 90 Pakistanis who had missed the first evacuation flight via Al Hudeida airport.

“Saudi authorities have been requested for an exemption of ‘No Fly’ restriction imposed. Ground clearances from the local authorities are also being obtained. A PIA aircraft is already on stand-by for this operation,” the spokesperson said.

Sanaa airport has suffered partial damage during recent bombings, therefore, all logistic and technical aspects were being carefully examined for a safe operation, the spokesperson added.

IANS 2015-04-01 16:08:03

200 Pakistanis in Yemen’s Aden to be evacuated | Vancouverdesi.com

No we dont but we also dont have khairat kee ins viraat donated by britain to you which is better rotting as scrap in dockyards and oh yea 30 40years old decomissioned carrier by russia that you inducted as ins vikramaditiya.both are old souls.
And your indigenous aircraft carrier ummm seems like in 3000 will be launched.
1-We are evacuating SriLankans and Bangladeshis so a pace is a little slow
2-No one calls an AC junk even if its 40 years old.....the figters on board can handle a lot at bay
3-I thought you were a cool girl :(

Our naval fleet cant dock at Yemen cause F-22 are big ship so the Chinese ship rescued them i guess

Man you must be kidding????????

F-22 frigate 2400 Tonnes
INS Sumitra (Patrol Ship) 2200 Tonnes

Yes, Thanks to china but please don't make laugh me with this quote....

1-We are evacuating SriLankans and Bangladeshis so a pace is a little slow
2-No one calls an AC junk even if its 40 years old.....the figters on board can handle a lot at bay
3-I thought you were a cool girl :(
Nahi may achee nahi hoon. I can get very agressive when it comes to india pak debates. Dont over estimate me as nice, for any indian i am a horrible person , also you wont see me nicley debating with indians cuz they always make jingoistic statements that tick off shamain.
And trust me AC can also be scrap. You had a fire accident on ins viraat last year. And viraat is going to be decomissioned next year, tho still late.
And plz dont cry smiley , we can have nice convos in intro forums.

AnD plz you arent really evacuating srilankan there are just 67 of them and you have said after evacuation of all indians will be over we will help sri lankans, there are 4000indians there.

Man you must be kidding????????

F-22 frigate 2400 Tonnes
INS Sumitra (Patrol Ship) 2200 Tonnes

Yes, Thanks to china but please don't make laugh me with this quote....

What? Chinese ship moved Pakistani to another point from where they came to Pakistan if you don't know something then better keep quiet

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom