What's new

2 years on: Did PMLN make good decision to select Gen. Raheel Sharif?

Did PMLN make good decision to select Gen. Raheel Sharif?

• Yes. PMLN made a good decision

Votes: 36 97.3%
  • No. PMLN made an error in selecting him

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Well in current situation, yes it was the right choice at the right time but again we will only be able to give our judgement once he retires next year.

Did PMLN had a choice?
The state of affairs were so bad, that the impression existed that other generals would have asked for imposition of emergency, with immediate effect and all traitors would have been exposed and court martialed.
We all have seen, that this forum management was bidding for some general named Tariq, but at that time Sharif govt. didn't had full trust in Zardari.

yes. PMLN had a choice to select one Chief from among at least 3 top generals (if not more).

No need to be emotional here or twist to reply a simple answer, COAS select by ruling government and PMLN is ruling party and they chose a perfect general to serve the nation as it's chief of Army staff, no doubt in that we going way forward to finish the even routes of terrorism from country, he is fighting for us in to many diplomatic fronts and same time like a front solider in war zone, no need to be hide facts that economy growing up, I wish he can stay al least more five year.

NS didn't select him because he was good, he was selected because he had no political ambition (coup). This was an accidentally good decision, but who's to say that the others wouldn't have been better?

If I'm not wrong most of the Pakistani civilian dies at the hand of terrorists in the time of general kiyani from 07-13..

There are still 4 months left until 2 years.

He will retire in 2016 November.

There are still 4 months left until 2 years.

He will retire in 2016 November.
I wish he would extended at least more two years feeling sorry for this great general doing a lot and other hand all political mafia including MQM trying to pull his legs in deep dirty Pakistani political be it PMLN PPP or PTI.

I wish he would extended at least more two years feeling sorry for this great general doing a lot and other hand all political mafia including MQM trying to pull his legs in deep dirty Pakistani political be it PMLN PPP or PTI.
Me too but I don't want his extension.

Army as an institution needs to be strong. army isn't one man institution, but it's a collective institution. Plus it's unfair for other generals to see retirement and not become higher ranking officials, basically not getting the chance to show they too are good.

So once he's done, he needs to retire even if Nawaz asks him to stay. Someone else needs to take charge. A great general will obviously leave a Pakistan in the safe hands of another good general. If he turns out to be bad, how do we know that after extension even Raheel gets, there won't be a bad general to follow?

Without a doubt general raheel Sharif was the man for the job. I remember on this forum when he was elected some were not happy , which is only natural as everybody has opinions, but he has turned out to be one of our best serving coas we ever had .... He still has to finish strong and only after his retirement can we truly determine how his tenure was... Kiyani was also a brilliant coas and his efforts in creating a non political army, not placing a martial law ( if democracy gets a good long chance in the future then we will see kiyani as one of the founders of it ) tackling balochistab insurgencies and doing works over there and creating love again for the army in the people when they hated the army after musharraf left were exemplary works but of course his tenure had downsides as well.

Currently he is looking amongst the best and I hope he keeps it up as his tenure ends.. Tbh I would support an extension.

Whether NS thinks he made a mistake or not is guess work but one thing is for sure, it had tremendous positive implications for the future of this country.

He is proactive, humble, cares about his men, he is seen leading from the front, and when he speaks it is very much clear that he means it. I remember the words when he is said "Kashmir hamari shah ragh hai" on "Yaum E Shahuda Ceremony", the way he said it is unforgettable for me. So yes a blessing for Pakistan.

Regarding his extension I am not the best person who knows how things work, but my instincts suggest he will refuse it himself, unless there is really really a need for that in interest of Pakistan and its people.

Back
Top Bottom