What's new

2 years on: Did PMLN make good decision to select Gen. Raheel Sharif?

Did PMLN make good decision to select Gen. Raheel Sharif?

• Yes. PMLN made a good decision

Votes: 36 97.3%
  • No. PMLN made an error in selecting him

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Whatever the reasons maybe but so far thank Allah Nawaz Sharif didn't listen to Kiyani.
Off topic but any news about NAB investigating Kiyani's brother???

best decision of PML-N

On the face of it, yes.

But then again, is mulk main yehi masla hai keh jab koi serving ho to us ki tareefain khatam hi nhn hoteen...case in point Kayani and also Musharraf to quite an extent.

So let's ask this question again 2 years after his retirement...

There is certainly no evidence to suggest to the contrary though that he will remain as professional as he has been up till now. The media was head over heels for Kayai, but people who knew what was going on had a different opinion.
and what do people, who know what is going on, say now?

They agree that he is the right man for the right job at this time.

Humble, and proactive.
i heard a rumor here on these forums that he's being considered for a promotion to Field-Marshall\5-Star General, is it true?

i heard a rumor here on these forums that he's being considered for a promotion to Field-Marshall\5-Star General, is it true?

If Pakistan army deploys (and works to bring peace) in Afghanistan, Yemen, and Iran. Defeats Daesh and other gangs.

Why not give honors to Gen Raheel Sharif.

The only mistake i see he could have made was by getting involved in PTI and TUQ dharana fiasco.

If Pakistan army deploys (and works to bring peace) in Afghanistan, Yemen, and Iran. Defeats Daesh and other gangs.

Why not give honors to Gen Raheel Sharif.
if given time , i have no doubt he'd get it done. Daesh WILL be undone if they ventured to this side of Durrand line

Haha, is forum par to har roz koi na koi 150 helicopters, 200 jets, 20 subs lay raha hota hai!!!

Haevn't heard anything relating to this!

I like Gen. Raheel Sharif more. Having met him once happy, cheering , humble and good at embarrassing your superiors in front of you . Better choice than Gen.Rashid Mehmood making big promises , announcing 1 million rupees for the unit and then after 8 months he sends the money that too after a reminder and not too mention his spoiled son. Gen haroon would also be a good choice but then again him and Nawaz have a history(not the good kind)

Any how good choice , now waiting that chief hangs a certain someone.

Did PMLN had a choice?
The state of affairs were so bad, that the impression existed that other generals would have asked for imposition of emergency, with immediate effect and all traitors would have been exposed and court martialed.
We all have seen, that this forum management was bidding for some general named Tariq, but at that time Sharif govt. didn't had full trust in Zardari.

I don't think any sane minded Pakistani would say it wasn't the right choicr. The man is proving exactly to be what this nation needed. Hopefully he will stay clear of politics and won't get carried away by the lust of power like musharraf and numerous other generals have in the past. If he stays strong then he may just be remembered as a legend of this nation.

Back
Top Bottom