What's new

2 Saudi Border Guards Killed at Yemeni Border

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Gunmen kill two Saudi guards near Yemen's border
(Reuters) - Unidentified gunmen have killed two Saudi border guards who were patrolling Saudi Arabia's border with Yemen, the Saudi state news agency said on Thursday.

The gunmen opened fire on a border patrol early on Wednesday in Dhahran al-Janoub in the southwestern province of Asir, SPA reported, but did not say who was behind the attack.

Saudi Arabia, wary of traffickers and militants trespassing from Yemen, has been building a security fence along its 1,800 km (1,100 mile) border with the impoverished country since 2003.

Work on the fence has often been halted by protesting Yemeni tribesmen, who say it prevents them from reaching pastures for their livestock. In the past, such protests have often ended in skirmishes between Yemenis and Saudi border patrol.

Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil exporter, views its border with Yemen, often lawless and violent, as a major threat to its security.

Yemen is struggling to restore order after veteran leader Ali Abdullah Saleh stepped down following months of protests against his rule in 2011.

When Yemen's Shi'ite Muslim Houthi rebels seized some Saudi territory just across the border in 2009, Riyadh responded with a three-month military campaign including air raids on rebel positions.

Gunmen kill two Saudi guards near Yemen's border: agency| Reuters

الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

Time to humiliate that rafida Houthi cult once again and exterminate all smugglers.

the Saudi-Yemen border & the Pak-Afghan border should be sealed ,fenced & mined, that is the need of the hour

That's the disadvantage with mountainous borders.

You would not see as frequent incidents along the Saudi Arabian - Iraqi border for instance or that of KSA and Qatar.

Rest in peace to Saudi guards.

We'll have to wait and see who is responsible. May have been Houthis but remember that Al Qaeda has big precense in Yemen.
Not to mention the fact that many Saudi fighters, radicalized from the Syrian conflict, have gone to Yemen to join up with AQ there.

Anyway my condolences.

this is sad news :(
I think KSA should acquire more Attack heli's and give a strong backup to its ground forces in battlefield ...

Wonder why Suadi Royals ask two brigades of Pak army deployment in KSA.

Wonder why Suadi Royals ask two brigades of Pak army deployment in KSA.

I wonder why the hell you are talking nonsense and writing off-topic? 2 of our soldiers just got killed by either terrorists or smugglers and here you are talking about fairytales.

Look, just for once stop trolling on KSA threads.

Rest in peace to Saudi guards.

We'll have to wait and see who is responsible. May have been Houthis but remember that Al Qaeda has big precense in Yemen.
Not to mention the fact that many Saudi fighters, radicalized from the Syrian conflict, have gone to Yemen to join up with AQ there.

Anyway my condolences.

It's probably either the Houthi's or smugglers. Al-Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula has no presence in the border regions of KSA.

I
It's probably either the Houthi's or smugglers. Al-Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula has no presence in the border regions of KSA.

But AQ does have significant precense in Yemen. And who knows where they are. They can move around and come close to border regions.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom