What's new

2 more F-16's for Pakistan Arrived.

Thanks, those preservation kits are merely weather protection covers but I wonder many components loose there properties over a given period of time and does not function what they suppose to do. Example, rubber components, springs, components on circuit boards, wiring insulation or other insulation materials etc. any way I'm sure all these aspects were well thought off by PAF.

According to news below those F-16 made for PAF were in use by US navy.

Not the US Navy but the Naval Air Stations did use them ( sort of like the Air National Guard - but Navy). The fact that they flew well says something about mothballing.

Most of the "decomposables" as you mean are not really a problem. They remove and stash these components seperately, before they "wrap". Engines and electronics are removed and stored in climate controlled warehouses. Seals are replaced as needed, just like you would when you restore a car. They are low dollar items, mostly.

What the rest of the planet does not realise is that the US pretty much has an entire Air Force in mothballs that can still Whup *** if the active Air Force was completely destroyed. It may take some time but can be done.

Same with the Navy battleships.

It may not be the latest and greatest, but they would still mostly outgun wha'ts out there now.

Mostly because the US always has an "export" model for any other country it sells to, NATO or not!

This should answer a few of the questions here regarding the delivery timeframe as well as the condition of the aircraft:

US starts delivering F-16 aircraft

MUSHAF BASE, July 10: The United States on Tuesday started the long-awaited delivery of F-16 aircraft to Pakistan when two of the `Fighter Falcons’ were handed over to the Pakistan Air Force.

The handing over ceremony was held at the PAF base near Sargodha where two F-16s landed after being directly flown from the US.

Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed, US Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W. Peterson and a large number of senior officers of the PAF attended the ceremony.

Commander of Central Air Command of US Air Force Lt-Gen Gary L. North, along with a colleague, flew the aircraft and reached here after a continuous flight of over eight hours across the Atlantic.

The handing over marked the beginning of the programme for the delivery of the fleet of a dozen aircraft to Pakistan. These aircraft were manufactured in 1990s and their delivery to Pakistan was stopped following imposition of the Pressler Amendment.

Later, these were given to the US air force and navy.

Talking to APP, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed said that the remaining 10 aircraft would be given to Pakistan in batches till the middle of next year.

“These are exceptionally used aircraft and are being given to us at very nominal prices,” he said.

He said the delivery of the aircraft to Pakistan was only possible after hectic negotiations with the US Air Force.

In addition to these aircraft, he said, efforts were in hand to get 16 more aircraft which were in the use of US Navy and these were part of the 28 aircraft for which Pakistan had made the payment.

In the meantime, he said, offers had been made by the US Administration to get the similar number of aircraft being used by the US Navy from the US National Guards
. —APP

another 2 aircraft used second hand why bother other countries get hundreds in 1 hit we get 2 here 2 there

They do?
which countries do you mean? Even modern Western air-forces don't get all the stuff in one go so the claim that they get 100's in one hit is ludicrous.

hey guys just log on to us airforce mag.com and get the real story
these are the same 28 embargoed f-16s which were stored at amrac in arizona. two yrs ago they were delivered to the usaf (12) and us navy (16) as agressor squadrons. the usaf has agreed to re-lease the 12 a/c but the us-navy is not agreeing. some us-air national guard (ang) a/c were offered but were not accepted due to configuration issues. so now the us govt is putting pressure on the us-navy to re-lease these less used a/c which are already configed to paf requirements.
as for the MLU of the existing fleet, 6 a/c will be shortly sent to the usa for the MLU probably at hill afb in utah and paf technicians and engineers will be trained in the usa.

The american govt is not pakistans friend and should be treated as such.....a freind of convenience.

Something I dont understand,if Pakistan has issues with US,why the hell is Pakistan so obsessed with American weapons?

Something I dont understand,if Pakistan has issues with US,why the hell is Pakistan so obsessed with American weapons?

They don't. It's just that some of the armchair experts in Fora such as this don't know about Realpolitik.
Simply fact is that it is a balancing act. It's the same with most other countries. But they have blinders on because it is America. They should look at Taiwan as an example. Of how this works.

I think that the naysayers should look at the bigger picture.

Getting best out of the deal is merely an obsession, its our right to choose from a range of weapons and systems even if it partly financed by US.
Its widely believed that the latest F-16 deal is probably the last major order to be awarded to the USA, future deals will definately be dominated by China and Europe.

I read some where that the delivered pair of F-16 are able to carry neuclear weapons!

Getting best out of the deal is merely an obsession, its our right to choose from a range of weapons and systems even if it partly financed by US.
Its widely believed that the latest F-16 deal is probably the last major order to be awarded to the USA, future deals will definately be dominated by China and Europe.

I don't think it will be the last at all..........It just means any future order cannot be used as a bargaining chip against PAK. It will boil down to the best deal on the table.

Keys,

I'm sure we'll always purchse weapons from USA but any deal like this, i.e. $5.2 billion is unlikely for several reasons. Rising standard of Chinese weapons, better access to European market and political iisues with US will determine future course weapons deals.

Pakistan can not be an ally and a target at the same time, I'm glad GoP is realising the issue and addressing it to USA at high levels.

I don't think it will be the last at all..........It just means any future order cannot be used as a bargaining chip against PAK. It will boil down to the best deal on the table.
Hopefuly, if the sense prevails on our side.
Which mostly depends on the ruler. e.g. Zia failed to exploit the opportunities available to him.
Our political leaders are even more hopeless examples and all world is running there lobbies in America, you relax a moment and next you are slammed with sanctions.

Actually it's kind of cyclical..the U.S. has put sanctions on Pak 3 or 4 times already. After which suddenly they require PAK's help and offer several billions worth of equipment. The only thing PAk needs to do is to make sure during the cooling of the relationship that PAK is not left short. And they have done this via the forming of relationships with China,South Africa and the home grown industries. The billions provided in U.S. aid would also mean that non -military budgets would not have to be cut which is a good thing as it would promote social growth.

Back
Top Bottom