What's new

1999: UAE to contract 200 PAF pilots to fly latest F-16s block 60

Agreed. Pakistani pilots are decreasing in strength in UAE but the major reason for this is that a large number now goes to Airblue and Shaheen after retirement. Yes, they are not allowed to fly the F-16s. This restriction is from the US side.

Or most have their contracts cancelled, which is unfair to say that they get fired. And unfortunately nobody knows any good reason as to why their contracts get cancelled.

Or most have their contracts cancelled, which is unfair to say that they get fired. And unfortunately nobody knows any good reason as to why their contracts get cancelled.

Honestly, most of the time the reason for cancellation/non renewal of the contract is persistent poor performance as an instructor. It should be noted that between 2002 and 2010 nine Pakistani instructors were hired but a correspondingly large number of Westerners and Arabs were taken on. The locals, for their own reasons, prefer a diverse group. During the same period, however, five Pakistani instructors left on their own. Four are now flying with Airblue/Shaheen and one is flying with Bahrain Air Force.

Honestly, most of the time the reason for cancellation/non renewal of the contract is persistent poor performance as an instructor. It should be noted that between 2002 and 2010 nine Pakistani instructors were hired but a correspondingly large number of Westerners and Arabs were taken on. The locals, for their own reasons, prefer a diverse group. During the same period, however, five Pakistani instructors left on their own. Four are now flying with Airblue/Shaheen and one is flying with Bahrain Air Force.

The one who flies with Bahrain Air Force is my dad.

A minor batch were incompetent. most were seasoned instructors. Most PAF and other Arab air forces are having their contracts cancelled due to the "soon" purchase of M346 trainer, which UAEAF will be hiring Italian instructors. These are some of the nations UAEAF has cancelled contracts : Pakistan, Jordan, Canada, and United States. Otherwise the first pilot to have his contract cancelled was all the way in 2000.

Last edited:
A minor batch were incompetent. most were seasoned instructors. Most PAF and other Arab air forces are having their contracts cancelled due to the "soon" purchase of M346 trainer, which UAEAF will be hiring Italian instructors. These are some of the nations UAEAF has cancelled contracts : Pakistan, Jordan, Canada, and United States. Otherwise the first pilot to have his contract cancelled was all the way in 2000.

Behram,

I appreciate your concerns but most of the information you have is not true. There are no Italians coming as the M-346 deal has already been put on hold (you can say it is almost canceled). They still have a lot of Jordanians and a few Canadians. The Americans are there but just flying the F-16s. Though the number of ex PAF Pakistani instructors is on the decrease, they still are the largest group from any single country flying for UAEAF. And lastly, to put to rest any doubts that any one might have about the veracity of my statements, let me tell you that I am a retired PAF pilot who has been flying as an instructor for UAEAF for over ten years now.

Behram,

I appreciate your concerns but most of the information you have is not true. There are no Italians coming as the M-346 deal has already been put on hold (you can say it is almost canceled). They still have a lot of Jordanians and a few Canadians. The Americans are there but just flying the F-16s. Though the number of ex PAF Pakistani instructors is on the decrease, they still are the largest group from any single country flying for UAEAF. And lastly, to put to rest any doubts that any one might have about the veracity of my statements, let me tell you that I am a retired PAF pilot who has been flying as an instructor for UAEAF for over ten years now.

Oh ok the M346 deal is on hold, didn't know that. They're might be Canadians in Al Ain, I'm referring to guys from Minhad. As to my source of knowledge my father was an instructor in UAEAF for 10 years at Minhad. However thank you for correcting me. Fly safe.

Behram,

This is what I know the case to be as well. Thank you for laying this issue to rest for once and for all.

This is what I know the case to be as well. Thank you for laying this issue to rest for once and for all.

I am just posting what I actually know, anyone correct me if I'm mistaken, and the source of my knowledge is from my dad, who currently is a fast-jet instructor pilot in Royal Bahraini Air Force.

Yeah, we are never appreciated for our skills and talents as Pakistanis at home, but abroad like you said it.

Hi,

It is due to the work environment---if similiar conditions were enforced at home---would have similiar results.

Back
Top Bottom