1965 | Lahore Cantonment is 'our aim'.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1208995_567417626629515_1041677897_n.jpg

Indian Express - 21st Sept. 1965

the same way pakistanis intended to do breakfast in jhodhpur, lunch in jaipur and dinner in delhi.....with just 2000 men........and 45 tanks......in 1971(longewala battle)...well thatz all past now

India achieved its aim of shafting Op Grandslam by threatening a high value objective whose fall was unacceptable to Pak.

Pak had to recoil 12 Inf Division from Akhnur Sect to defend Lahore. This diluted whatever advantages Pak had intended to gain.

Having a Drink or a meal in the Gymkhana to the un initiated was a part of Psy warfare backed by the attack.

Yet,if posters here wish to get childish glee in finding a silver lining - be my guest.

India achieved what it wanted.

Gentlemen, Let me make this VERY CLEAR once and for all because further on it I will be one slamming infractions on you.

Opinion is NOT moderation. It has NOTHING to do with moderation nor should any of you EVER suppose it does. Moderators are chosen specifically based on their neutrality. However, that does not mean that they swear an oath of celibacy from having opinions. If you cannot tolerate the opinion, focus on it.. and NOT the messenger.

India's sole objective was to save Kashmir,which had been successfully achieved. If you want to feel warm of depriving Gen.Chaudhury from his drink in Lahore so be it :D
You started celebrating it. aur abhi tak Kashmir me is waja sy patakhy bajty han...

The defence of Lahore is a testament to our people's resilience! It's our Stalingrad and has a high place in history. There are heroes on both sides, there is no denying that but let's not belittle each other's achievements and failures. Lahore put up stiff resistance and that is something we're proud of as Lahoris and Pakistanis.

The defence of Lahore is a testament to our people's resilience! It's our Stalingrad and has a high place in history. There are heroes on both sides, there is no denying that but let's not belittle each other's achievements and failures. Lahore put up stiff resistance and that is something we're proud of as Lahoris and Pakistanis.

The difference is unlike Stalingrad,the war of Lahore was imposed on Pakistanis by the Pakistanis itself.So the celebration on moral grounds (like the Russians did after their remarkable victory in 1942) does not arise at all. I respect the Pakistani armed forces for their bravery and ability of fierce fighting but the God of Morale was on the side of Indians.my friend.

You started celebrating it. aur abhi tak Kashmir me is waja sy patakhy bajty han...

We simply do not care. Lets be clear on the fact that the International boundary remained unaltered after the war.

No one is doubting the Indian side, I didn't even mention them. The fact was that a city was besieged and she resisted and defied her besiegers. Secondly, this was a different environment of warfare, for various reasons there could not be total war as the Germans and Russians had so this metaphor of being a 'Stalingrad' in the short war we had has been applied by various researchers of the 1965 war. Shuja Nawaz, Col. Wilfer (maybe fire, not sure about his spelling) being one of them.

The difference is unlike Stalingrad,the war of Lahore was imposed on Pakistanis by the Pakistanis itself.So the celebration on moral grounds (like the Russians did after their remarkable victory in 1942) does not arise at all. I respect the Pakistani armed forces for their bravery and ability of fierce fighting but the God of Morale was on the side of Indians.my friend.

We simply do not care. Lets be clear on the fact that the International boundary remained unaltered after the war.

:unsure:.No fighting took place inside lahore,nor was it bombed to the ground like stalingrad.
Indian military orders indicate ichagol canal line as primary objective.

Guys this happened almost 50 years ago (Mitti pao yaar)
Best thing for both nations (india and pakistan) is to forget all the incidents that have caused both sides nothing but tears once and for all get over it start a friend ship which will help build better trade and economies on both sides (both nations at the core level are poor and suffering)
Help invest on both sides for better healthcare and agriculture systems
things that India has can let pakistan use and what pakistan has let india use and become self reliant and make better countries for each other ....fighting one and another (when we happen to be brothers from same Mother earth) is not going to solve anything and keep bringing up this 48 65 71 or even the idiot war of Kargil will not going to get any of us anywhere
We are the generation that is blessed with abundent of information on our fingertips We are the generation that should start putting all this hate behind us and work together to make our countries better
Remember this no one side wins a war but all parties loose loved ones that is for sure
Cheers

I would like to request moderators of this forum to ban posts like these the minute they are opened because they promote nothing but hate between 2 proud nations

I talked to Col (R) Shagqat Baloch who was a major at the time, he was leading a company in Barki Hadyara part of lahore where an Indian Brigade attacked, he alone with his company resisted the Indian Brigade's onslaught for 3 days before the main Pakistan Army backup came. He told some amazing stories , lives two three houses away from my house in Lahore.

Back
Top Bottom