What's new

19 power projects underway: Shahbaz Sharif

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

LAHORE- Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif said work on nineteen projects to generate twenty-four thousand eight hundred seventy megawatt electricity is underway.

He was talking to a delegation of national and provincial assembly members in Lahore. The Chief Minister said that work was being carried out for resolving energy crisis in the country. 1700 megawatt electricity has been added in a short period while 19 projects capable of generating 24870 megawatt of electricity have been initiated, he added.

Punjab Chief Minister said the country is passing through a critical phase and that the politics of protest was not justified at this time. He said some elements want to create hurdles in the way of unprecedented development and prosperity being made during the last eleven months in the country.

Can't he name those projects so we get better idea?

Last edited:
Can't he name those projects so we get better idea?
If you are regular reader of Jang newspaper then you will surely notice like me that they are inaugurating a new power plant every day... :agree:

If you are regular reader of Jang newspaper then you will surely notice like me that they are inaugurating a new power plant every day... :agree:

This is vague information, we need names of these projects and capacity to get better idea.

the problem with PPPP was that they stopped the IMF Program midway and refused to do some refroms regarding increasing prices of electricity etc. results was the world bank ran away to sponser any programs.

than there was bhasha vs dasu issue, PPPP refused to accept to with go bhasha dam ..PML N acepted world bank ofer to go with dasu first.

lastly when it comes to coal, PPPP wanted to use thar only coal, that meant that asian bank ran away with its funding. they also blocked any investment in imported coal projects that are now started at bin qasim

lastly, there was an issue of nuclear plants, PPPP refused to go there on safety issues

but when it came to gas PPPP couldnt find the right place.

in other words the govt went in circles past 5 years without knowing what to do, in the end it accepted defeat and decided to do nothing , other than few wind projects and small hydro projected financed by donors.

PML ideology is different(more capitalist), they also dont have large interest in thar to stop any imported coal projects, they also got huge funding from WB.

what i want to say that real test for PML N is not doing what PPPP didnt did, but their test will be on the front of taxation,govt loss making institues and improving electric line losses and distribution system. i will also add bhasha dam to the list.

so far i am disappointed with its taxation(though a good 1st quarter performance) and electric recovery issues, the very reason why circular debt has risen again, finishing circular debt with taking loans is easy, real issue to finish them by imporving recovery..

having said that mere idealogical direction of PML N should allow us to grow around 6% in coming years

the problem with PPPP was that they stopped the IMF Program midway and refused to do some refroms regarding increasing prices of electricity etc. results was the world bank ran away to sponser any programs.

than there was bhasha vs dasu issue, PPPP refused to accept to with go bhasha dam ..PML N acepted world bank ofer to go with dasu first.

lastly when it comes to coal, PPPP wanted to use thar only coal, that meant that asian bank ran away with its funding. they also blocked any investment in imported coal projects that are now started at bin qasim

lastly, there was an issue of nuclear plants, PPPP refused to go there on safety issues

but when it came to gas PPPP couldnt find the right place.

in other words the govt went in circles past 5 years without knowing what to do, in the end it accepted defeat and decided to do nothing , other than few wind projects and small hydro projected financed by donors.

PML ideology is different(more capitalist), they also dont have large interest in thar to stop any imported coal projects, they also got huge funding from WB.

what i want to say that real test for PML N is not doing what PPPP didnt did, but their test will be on the front of taxation,govt loss making institues and improving electric line losses and distribution system. i will also add bhasha dam to the list.

so far i am disappointed with its taxation(though a good 1st quarter performance) and electric recovery issues, the very reason why circular debt has risen again, finishing circular debt with taking loans is easy, real issue to finish them by imporving recovery..

having said that mere idealogical direction of PML N should allow us to grow around 6% in coming years

I didnt pay much attention when PPP was around, main issue was terrorism which was all time high. But they also fucked up behind the scenes. So they opposed coal power plants just because coal will be imported? Wtff

Anyway at the moment there are two projects of extracting coal from Thar, combined 10 million tons a year. How much Pakistan will need to run 16x660mw coal power projects per year?

this man has got vision
drawing-room-se-kitchen-tak-underpass14677027_2012121122575.jpg

24 million tones for 4 thousand mw it means 6 million tones per thousand mw. This is for thar coal due to low btu value
Now for imported coal it will be less, approx 4 million tones per thousand mw .so if 10,000mw r build the amount will be around 40 million tones . The imported value will be around 3 billion dollars.
So now u see why local coal or hydro is
Better, govt will have to invest itself in thar coal and take a lead.

Last edited:
24 million tones for 4 thousand mw it means 6 million tones per thousand mw. This is for thar coal due to low btu value
Now for imported coal it will be less, approx 4 million tones per thousand mw .so if 10,000mw r build the amount will be around 40 million tones . The imported value will be around 3 billion dollars.
So now u see why local coal or hydro is
Better, govt will have to invest itself in thar coal and take a lead.

So far planned projects will only extract 10 million tons a year from Thar, a lot more is needed to completly stop importing coal. Hopefully in coming years Pakistan will completly stop importing coal.

So far planned projects will only extract 10 million tons a year from Thar, a lot more is needed to completly stop importing coal. Hopefully in coming years Pakistan will completely stop importing coal.
10 million tones is nothing, a mine should be atleast 20-25 million tones to make the extraction cheaper.
India is investing in Australia an amount of 16 billion dollars to extract 60 million tones to be used in india

Kool. Power is the kick start of any industry growth. More power, more production, better economy.

Lets see when this gets completed.

This is vague information, we need names of these projects and capacity to get better idea.
Yeah!!
They've helped them before and they are still helping them. That's what I was trying to say in real!!

Few of 19 are as follows:
1) Golen Gol Hydropower Project
2) Neelum-Jhelum Hydroelectric Project
3) Diamer-Bhasha Dam
4) Kurram hydropower project
5) Nuclear power project in Karachi
6)Jhimpir Wind Power project in Thatta
7)CASA
8) Tarbela Dam upgradation.
9) 2*660 coal power plants
11 - 21 ) 10*660 coal power plants (Gadani Energy Park)
22) he Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park project

Back
Top Bottom